Newcastle v Man City

Guest Stevie

Laughable decision on the penalty, 2-2 with 10 men is more than we could've expected. I hope Joe realises that this is the small potatoes though and he's got quite a job to do in time for the Mackems. Shola actually looks like he wants it for once, and he has a proven goal-scoring record against Sunderland. Another result to build on and a win on Saturday will clear most of the gloom at the club, I'd say.

Can you believe that Danny B is still trying to talk shit about us after Spurs lost to Stoke City, leaving his club marooned at the foot of the Premier League despite spending more than 70 million pounds in the transfer window and having a tactical genius and double UEFA cup winning manager as well as winning the League Cup last year.

I mean really. Have some dignity.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marooned is right. They're now four points behind us B)

No matter what happens next weekend they're going to be bottom going into a run of three fairly difficult games (Arsenal, Citeh and someone else).

The atmosphere was class tonight like.

Styles is an arse and ruined the match, it was clear to everybody that it wasn't a penalty and definitely not a sending off.

Why did he think the ball went in the direction that it did?

Given's save from Ireland was one of the best saves I have seen in the flesh - I was just behind the goal so I had a fucking class view.

I thought Colo had a class game and Duff and Geremi looked ok.

Nice for Shola to get a goal, even if he sliced it. Sadly it was a case of backs to the wall towards the end, our lads were knackered and a man down so it was cities for the taking.

However, we were good tonight.

+ 45'900 is a pretty good attendance given the circumstances.

I don't want to comment on something negative really but I think Bassong has a lot to do to convince people he's a Premiership footballer, he reminds me a lot of Distin, when he played left back for us. I worry when he has got the ball, and his positional play is suspect.

Coloccini, could you blame him for the goal? Donno but that aside he was tremendous at least 8/10, and once again Shay Given proved why he's the best shot stopper in Europe, I guarantee you, 90% of keepers don't save Ireland's half volley, your Boruc's, your Gordon's, your fuckin Mark Schwarzers.

Good night to be a geordie though, lets hope we're saying the same at quarter to 3 next Saturday.

bassong isn't a left back and i would be happy if he turned out to be anywhere near as good as distin. also the saves given made today were all routine saves for him because afterall he is a better keeper than buffon which basically means he's the best keeper in the world

Why do you talk about football? The Ireland half volley, as you will have seen if your fatha paid the Setanta bill, was almost past him less than 10% of keepers save that.

i was at the match. i'm not a sky fan like you

I've had more season tickets (15) than you've been to individual games, that's not in doubt.

ADMIN It says in your rules and regulations, thick cunts and nobheads who don't use any punctuation at all, posts will be deleted. When people are taking the time, to use it why should the said lazy twats who don't, get away with it? Now I know the example above is probably to do with education levels, but it needs sorting imo.

i've had 9 season tickets so considering im so much younger than you you should shut the fuck up

I don't want to comment on something negative really but I think Bassong has a lot to do to convince people he's a Premiership footballer, he reminds me a lot of Distin, when he played left back for us. I worry when he has got the ball, and his positional play is suspect.

Coloccini, could you blame him for the goal? Donno but that aside he was tremendous at least 8/10, and once again Shay Given proved why he's the best shot stopper in Europe, I guarantee you, 90% of keepers don't save Ireland's half volley, your Boruc's, your Gordon's, your fuckin Mark Schwarzers.

Good night to be a geordie though, lets hope we're saying the same at quarter to 3 next Saturday.

bassong isn't a left back and i would be happy if he turned out to be anywhere near as good as distin. also the saves given made today were all routine saves for him because afterall he is a better keeper than buffon which basically means he's the best keeper in the world

Why do you talk about football? The Ireland half volley, as you will have seen if your fatha paid the Setanta bill, was almost past him less than 10% of keepers save that.

I've had more season tickets (15) than you've been to individual games, that's not in doubt.

ADMIN It says in your rules and regulations, thick cunts and nobheads who don't use any punctuation at all, posts will be deleted. When people are taking the time, to use it why should the said lazy twats who don't, get away with it? Now I know the example above is probably to do with education levels, but it needs sorting imo.

i've had 9 season tickets so considering im so much younger than you you should shut the fuck up

nO 1 beleeaves yoow,

nO 1 beleeaves yoow,

if i was going to lie i would have said i've had 16+

nO 1 beleeaves yoow,

if i was going to lie i would have said i've had 16+

No ones going to believe a 3 year old had a season ticket though are they?

What are the rules about putting completely unnecessary punctuation into posts?

The same rules as mid 30's bald people posting on here, there are none?

What are the rules about pointlessly arguing about who is the biggest super fan? My dad had a season ticket for 20 years and still doesnt have a clue about football

I didn't say I was a superfan, but the last thing I am is a SKY fan which is what I was accused of.

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed. Absolutely no need for you to attempt to be clever, but it's something you will never be able to resist.

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed. Absolutely no need for you to attempt to be clever, but it's something you will never be able to resist.

You were the one pulling up someone for their (lack of) punctuation. So you should have got your own punctuation right in that post really. B)

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes bemoaned his side's luck after they drew 2-2 at Newcastle.

Despite levelling late on, City had taken the lead and Hughes felt his side should have got the better of second-from-bottom Newcastle.

City were awarded a somewhat fortunate early penalty, which also saw Habib Beye dismissed for Newcastle, but even so Hughes feels that the luck was against his side.

"Away from home things certainly seem to be going against us," Hughes said on Sky Sports.

"But we have to hope these things even themselves up - which they do, we have got a period where we have games where we expect to take points from - but it won't be easy."

Disappointment

On the game itself, Hughes added: "We're disappointed.

"We were in complete control early on and in a funny way the thing that went against us was the sending off.

"They're fighting for their lives and they got a lucky break with both goals.

"The first one takes three ricochets and lands at Ameobi's feet on the edge of the six-yard box. The second one is a complete freak goal that you won't see again this season or for many seasons to come.

"So they got the rub of the green with that but in fairness we've got to do better than that.

"We didn't do a great deal in that second half when we needed to press the opposition.

"They were running and chasing everything down but we should be better than that.

"We needed to show a little bit of craft and guile in the final third and we didn't really move them around enough.

"Once they got two banks of four we found it difficult to break them down. In fairness we got a point out of a game that looked like it was going to go away from us, but it should have been an easy three points for us here."

I don't see how Hughes can comment about their luck, they shouldn't have had a pen and shouldn't have been playing against ten men, to be honest they were lucky not to have been beaten. I know it sounds ridiculous with our current situation but I don't believe the teams themselves are very far apart in skill level - if we didn't have the off-field problems we've got (and maybe a decent manager, Keegan was still in charge) Man City would on par with us at best imo.

Typical crap from Hughes, just like when he whinged every week that people called Blackburn dirty, ignoring the fact people said it because they were!

What more luck does he want than a free penalty and playing against 10 men for practically the whole match!

And it was their own fault that they weren't good enough with the extra man and ended up resoting to aimless long range shots and set pieces and their only chance of scoring...unfortunately until the move for their equaliser.

Typical crap from Hughes, just like when he whinged every week that people called Blackburn dirty, ignoring the fact people said it because they were!

What more luck does he want than a free penalty and playing against 10 men for practically the whole match!

And it was their own fault that they weren't good enough with the extra man and ended up resoting to aimless long range shots and set pieces and their only chance of scoring...unfortunately until the move for their equaliser.

All those Brazilians don't like it up em.

The problem Hughes has is that he still hasn't realised he doesn't play for the manc cunts anymore so he doesn't have a divine right to getting his own way.

The same syndrome applies to Ince, Bruce and Keane.

The problem Hughes has is that he still hasn't realised he doesn't play for the manc cunts anymore so he doesn't have a divine right to getting his own way.

The same syndrome applies to Ince, Bruce and Keane.

Its true, all ex manu players who play for another club or manage them, you can see them expectign every decision and being furious when they relaise that normal clubs don't have refs up their backside giving them everything and initially they can't handle it.

But i remember one of the ex manu lot, and it may actually have been Hughes after a match at Old Trafford saying the exact same thing, that now he was on the other side you notice you get fuck all there, which did surprise me as they invariably never dare to speak up against their old club.

I was a bit gutted we never took all 3 points to be honest, even though when we went down to ten men i thought we were gonna get battered, a gritty in ya face performance from the lads, we should be ok, bring on the unwashed!!!

Haven't you had enough luck Mark Hughes? Poached from the shit hole that is Blackburn to a side swimming in cash. At worst you can fail and be on your way with a fat redundancy cheque. What a wanker.

I hate the English football more and more every day.

My old man said we might as well leave now after they got the pen because we would get stuffed (which was especially hard to take as we'd fancied us for a win) but I'm certainly glad we didn't because it was a really gutsy performance after that. And we never really struggled with their attack at all. It's just a shame we couldn't get the ball to stick up front by the end because a win would have been massive for us.