Belkin Wireless Network Card

Besty

I've just been given a Belkin WLAN Network card (product type in title)... I've installed the software and hardware exactly as it says in the manual and after you have done that XP is meant to automatically find the drivers for it but it doesn't apart from the odd time when it has installed drivers for a Dell network card (which don't work).

When I've tried to install the drivers manually (either from the disk or from the folder with the ones I've downloaded from the Belkin website) it says no suitable drivers have been found.

TIA

(BTW... It's my graphics card what makes all the noise inside the computer B))

Belkin are the worst wireless component manufacturers I have ever used, I personally wouldn't use or recommend them.

Nothing but trouble.

Sorry that was of no use to you I know.

Belkin are the worst wireless component manufacturers I have ever used, I personally wouldn't use or recommend them.

Nothing but trouble.

Sorry that was of no use to you I know.

I'd have to agree with him, they're software is especially bad.

I'd remove the software and just use WinXP's it's prob conflicting and giving you aload of problems, when it asks for drivers just have the belkin ones sitting in a folder somewhere to aim the request at.

Linksys are prob the better of the home use wireless gear, cisco own them these days and the software/build quality is normally grand, won't break the bank

I have but as I said, it says they are unsuitable and insists on using these Dell ones which don't work. B)