Bassong.

Park Life

Timing tackes with a bit of power behind them. Thougth he did well against a very tricky SWP who will roast plentey of LB's this season. I think Bassong is a real find who tbf to him is playing at a very high level in a new league and already imo doing extrememly well. Done all that could he asked of him so far.

Yeah, his defense has been good. I think for a couple of reasons:

(1) He stays on his feet well

(2) He's pretty quick

Basically he's the polar opposite of Babayaro.

I still think Enrique is the more accomplished player of the pair (with the ability to pick out long passes). Bassong's defense is probably more consistent thus far, though he hasn't played that many games.

Bassong has been good. But he is a natural CB playing out of position, but not out of his depth at LB. The more games he plays, the more comfortable he'll get. Definitely a good prospect and I hope he eventually gets a crack at CB.

Been impressed with him since he playing over in Mallorca. The only problem is that with him not being a natural fullback, he doesn't offer a great deal going forward and as such I would rather see Enrique play (at home or against weaker teams at least).

Fair play to the lad though he's doing fantastically well given the circumstances and I fully conceed that he looks a very good find from our scouting setup.

he's good and solid but same as the above I'd rather have Enrique on at that position.

i think Enrique will be nothing but quality when he gets a clear run of games, and some of the crosses he sticks in are top notch

Bassong reminds me of a john o'shea type of defender, solid along the back no matter where he's playing, could prob do ok in dm, but master of none

Against a tricky customer like SWP, I'd rather Bassong to Enrique as he's faster and stronger. He doesn't offer a lot going forward but he's been solid in defence, which is obviously very important.

he's good and solid but same as the above I'd rather have Enrique on at that position.

i think Enrique will be nothing but quality when he gets a clear run of games, and some of the crosses he sticks in are top notch

Bassong reminds me of a john o'shea type of defender, solid along the back no matter where he's playing, could prob do ok in dm, but master of none

Against a tricky customer like SWP, I'd rather Bassong to Enrique as he's faster and stronger. He doesn't offer a lot going forward but he's been solid in defence, which is obviously very important.

Bassong is never as quick as Enrique

I would have thought Bassong was the quicker of the two like.

I don't think he's a great player. He has the touch of a serial rapist and I worry when he's on the ball, as I've said he reminds me so much of Distin when he played left back for us, and I've never forgiven him for when Wiltord skinned him, and Edu scored.

Bassong is never as quick as Enrique

No, he's much quicker. Fuck me B)

I like Bassong, looks like he'll be able to do a job at CB and LB which is very useful, is pretty athletic and has enough pace, looks pretty strong and is a young lad who can progress. Don't think he's a world beater but a good player to have in the squad, and who should get better over the years.

I hope to see Enrique get fit and get a run in the team at LB again as i rate him, but at least Bassong will provide cover there and maybe even competition depending on the managers opinion of both players.

I don't think he's a great player. He has the touch of a serial rapist and I worry when he's on the ball, as I've said he reminds me so much of Distin when he played left back for us, and I've never forgiven him for when Wiltord skinned him, and Edu scored.

B)

Enrique is quick. Don't know how anyone who watched him play last season could not agree with this. As for who is quicker - well it's probably splitting hairs - in other words who cares. Both of them inject some pace into what is an otherwise pretty slow back four.

Iv been very impressed with bassong all season, and to those who say he doesnt offer much going forward il disagree, i think he is always pushing the halfway line when in possesion and if i remember correctly he hit a few nice crossfield balls last night.

Id make him firstchoice simply becasue id like to see how him and charlie link up down the left on a more regular basis.

Defensively he is very competant, composed and solid in the tackle!

I think a BIG mention has to go to steven taylor and colo last night, the pair performed brilliantly together for probably the 1st time.

Il get my hardhat but...I actually am starting to have some faith in our back four...

Beye Taylor Coloccini Bassong

Yes i know we have conceded 4 goals in 2 games and in normal circumstances that would be seen as poor but when you look at the collective performances in defence and the fact that 2 of those goals have come from the spot it really isnt such a stupid statement after all...i think? B)

:boogie:

It was Taylor who was again caught incredibly flat footed for the Beye/Robinho incident. Otherwise I would agree.

Perhaps

Beye Coloccini Bassong Enrique

It was Taylor who was again caught incredibly flat footed for the Beye/Robinho incident. Otherwise I would agree.

Perhaps

Beye Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Yes your correct on your 1st point, and secondly id go with that back four and not have too many worries but ideally id not want a total foreign back four...

Taylor has massive ability and i honestly think in a team with confidence and playing well consistantly he will turn out to be a very VERY good centre half! I know there will be people who'll strike up an issue with me for this but its MY opinion.