Beye's red card = Rescinded

JaMoUsE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't come in as a defender and knock the ball away from a striker closing in on goals then what's the point in defending at all.

HAS to be rescinded. I'm sure the club will pursue all avenues with getting it done. The tackle was neither careless or reckless and so according to the laws of the game it should not have been punished - and certainly should not have been published with a Red Card. Styles was so far from the action that he had no chance of seeing what actually happened - regardless of what the peanut has to say.

In the cold light of day I think they will claim that he'd already made contact and fouled him with his left leg before playing the ball - I don't agree but that would mean they would admit it should have been a free kick outside but still a red.

One of the facets of corruption is to rewrite history though someone on Setanta (Burley?) made the point that Shay even made to not pick the ball up thinking it was a back pass via the tackle.

It amazes me that anyone even gives Poll a stage to give his opinion on this stuff. The bloke showed his incompetence on the biggest stage possible and should be considered discredited. As for his "you can take the ball first and still give a foul" stance - well that's basically every sliding challenge that you see in a match, so we might as well just pack in now. I thought the decision was a disgrace, I hate Rob Styles, but I could ALMOST see how it could be given from the position he was in. But for a dickhead like Poll to defend it with the help of replays is pretty incredible.

It amazes me that anyone even gives Poll a stage to give his opinion on this stuff. The bloke showed his incompetence on the biggest stage possible and should be considered discredited. As for his "you can take the ball first and still give a foul" stance - well that's basically every sliding challenge that you see in a match, so we might as well just pack in now. I thought the decision was a disgrace, I hate Rob Styles, but I could ALMOST see how it could be given from the position he was in. But for a dickhead like Poll to defend it with the help of replays is pretty incredible.

That's the thing that pisses me off, if he didn't get a clear enough view of the tackle then he shouldn't be making a match changing decision.

That's the thing that pisses me off, if he didn't get a clear enough view of the tackle then he shouldn't be making a match changing decision.

No, but he saw two players go for the ball, the ball change direction slightly (not knowing who touched it), and the defender clean out the attacker, so I can see how if you have to make an instant decision on that then the decision is penalty. His position was shocking but he can't take a free pass on the decision just cos he's out of position imo.

Is this another case of a gutless linesman?

I think the players were asking him to consult the linesman and he seemed willing to go over to him IF the bloke had something to say but of course he didn't.

I also agree with Burley's doomsday scenario - how can any tackle be allowed under Poll's criteria?

No, but he saw two players go for the ball, the ball change direction slightly (not knowing who touched it), and the defender clean out the attacker, so I can see how if you have to make an instant decision on that then the decision is penalty. His position was shocking but he can't take a free pass on the decision just cos he's out of position imo.

For me (going only from what I saw at half time) Stiles wasn't in a position to see what happened other than the ball change direction after the challange so he shouldn't have made the decision. As you say being in a poor position doesn't give him a free pass. Mind you it's the linesman who wants really fucking because he was surely in a better position to see and should have made it known to Stiles what really happened.

Stiles was shite all night anyway like (as is his norm), he should have booked the citeh defender minutes earlier when he cynically brought Martins downs as he was surging into the box but I don't expect anything better from him and I expect he will find a way to justify the sending off. What should really happen is the FA taking action against him for incompetence.

As for Poll he can fuck off. Yes you can win the ball and still foul someone (Dawson proved that on Sunday) but if you go about outlawing tackles like Beye's we might as well all just give it up now.

Beyes red card, surely must be rescinded, i just hope that prick poll saying he would have sent him off wont influence any of them tossers of at fa headquarters

What did Poll say??

Anyway, found this at The Guardian and it has me buzzing:

-----------------

Although Stephen Ireland's late equaliser spared City abject humiliation, Newcastle, reduced to 10 men for most of the match after Habib Beye's controversial dismissal, displayed a determination which bodes well for their chances of averting a relegation fight.

"We're unfortunate not to have won against a decent side," enthused Kinnear. "But the dressing room's on fire. Everyone's delighted."

I also agree with Burley's doomsday scenario - how can any tackle be allowed under Poll's criteria?

Basically if that tackle was a foul, never mind a penalty and a red, then it's no longer possible to tackle in or around the penalty area.

I can't see how it can stand with the video evidence, but I bet it will.

The tackle was neither careless or reckless and so according to the laws of the game it should not have been punished - and certainly should not have been published with a Red Card.

The red card was for denying a goal scoring opportunity. It doesn't need to be reckless.

There is no way that it will get rescinded. It's too 'touch and go' and Styles won't want to lose face by suggesting he got it wrong and the FA will very likely back him.

The comment about the assistant not being consulted is interesting. Styles can ask his linos to do whatever he likes, they gave very few foul decisions last night. Perhaps he's asked for offsides and out of play only.

Bollocks.

He ''denied the goalscoring opportunity'' with a fucking tackle. B)

What else is he supposed to have done?

I'm not saying it wasn't a good tackle, I'm merely pointing out that in law it doesn't have to be a reckless tackle to receive a red card.

Bollocks.

He ''denied the goalscoring opportunity'' with a fucking tackle. B)

What else is he supposed to have done?

I'm not saying it wasn't a good tackle, I'm merely pointing out that in law it doesn't have to be a reckless tackle to receive a red card.

Yeah, I know what you mean...... but it does have to be a foul. :boogie:

The thing that really gets me about the decision is the lardy bugger clearly didn't get a good view at all, so all he must have seen is at worst a 50:50, that might or might not have been in the box (I know it doesn't really matter, but it should all weigh up in any decent refs mind - in fact it looks like the contact probably wasn't in the box from the replays) and that it is hardly into the game. From all that he makes basically the harshest decision possible on what he must realise are very iffy criteria.