Beye's red card = Rescinded

JaMoUsE

Bollocks.

He ''denied the goalscoring opportunity'' with a fucking tackle. B)

What else is he supposed to have done?

I'm not saying it wasn't a good tackle, I'm merely pointing out that in law it doesn't have to be a reckless tackle to receive a red card.

Yeah, I know what you mean...... but it does have to be a foul. ;)

The thing that really gets me about the decision is the lardy bugger clearly didn't get a good view at all, so all he must have seen is at worst a 50:50, that might or might not have been in the box (I know it doesn't really matter, but it should all weigh up in any decent refs mind - in fact it looks like the contact probably wasn't in the box from the replays) and that it is hardly into the game. From all that he makes basically the harshest decision possible on what he must realise are very iffy criteria.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it was a penalty.. I was correcting someone who said that a red card could only be issued if a tackle is reckless, which is nonesense.

But a) Beye's momentum did take Robinho out. :boogie: Styles was miles behind play and had a restricted view. c)it was the tiniest of touches. d)the lino didn't say 'no'.

I'm just saying as someone who referees every week it's not as easy a decision as some would have you think.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beye is a class act. If that was John Terry the papers would be doing this: B)

I was just thinking that, if it had been Terry, they would, it probably wouldn't have been a penalty or a red and if it were it would be rescinded. :boogie:

I'm just saying as someone who referees every week it's not as easy a decision as some would have you think.

When they are a Premiership ref they should be good at the tough decisions, they also should be caught out as little as possible (recently he's made a series of penalty clangers).

And in a situation like that where he clearly can't have been at all sure, making a decision like that is...... well it makes the case for video refs sure enough.

Truly shit decision, now imagine this (yes I know it’s hard)

Would a penalty/red card had been given if Shola had been baring down on goal in the same situation at Old Trafford and Rio managed to make the same excellent last ditch tackle, not a chance in hell

I was just thinking that, if it had been Terry, they would, it probably wouldn't have been a penalty or a red and if it were it would be rescinded. :boogie:

;)

It amazes me that anyone even gives Poll a stage to give his opinion on this stuff. The bloke showed his incompetence on the biggest stage possible and should be considered discredited. As for his "you can take the ball first and still give a foul" stance - well that's basically every sliding challenge that you see in a match, so we might as well just pack in now. I thought the decision was a disgrace, I hate Rob Styles, but I could ALMOST see how it could be given from the position he was in. But for a dickhead like Poll to defend it with the help of replays is pretty incredible.

I think Craig Burley is a dickhead of the highest order, but he was good last night, and he went to town on Poll, who would not change his stance at all. Poll was so incompetent, he started chastising Burley for not criticising Richard Dunne's own goal, his point was defenders are culpable just the same as referee's so surely that's completely contradicting his defence that it wasn't a pen. Then Poll said "what about Joey Barton's tackle?", to which Burley basically said Joey Barton's didn't play and is still banned you idiot. Tosser refs, just fuckin admit they got it wrong, everyone would have more respect for them, they're like the fuckin free masons.

Well Terry could rugby tackle him and it would be rescinded!

The fact is Beye made a great tackle to get the ball when you see it in slow mo and TV and they should rescind it so we arent punished further after the match, and they dont even have to slam Styles for it because to be honest at full speed i said pen straight away at the match, and to Styles it would look like a certain pen. I'd have wanted a pen for it if it was us and even seeing it wasn't one, you'd still be thinking 99/100 a ref would have given it without benefit of TV replays.

The linesman should maybe have seen more and spoke up, but i think it was something that sadly would look all day like a pen at full pace and as he was last man would also be a red card. But they should do the decent thing and rescind the card ad he got the ball, and no amount of crap from Poll can change that.

Well Terry could rugby tackle him and it would be rescinded!

The fact is Beye made a great tackle to get the ball when you see it in slow mo and TV and they should rescind it so we arent punished further after the match, and they dont even have to slam Styles for it because to be honest at full speed i said pen straight away at the match, and to Styles it would look like a certain pen. I'd have wanted a pen for it if it was us and even seeing it wasn't one, you'd still be thinking 99/100 a ref would have given it without benefit of TV replays.

The linesman should maybe have seen more and spoke up, but i think it was something that sadly would look all day like a pen at full pace and as he was last man would also be a red card. But they should do the decent thing and rescind the card ad he got the ball, and no amount of crap from Poll can change that.

It didn't look like a pen at full speed to me. It looked exactly the same as it looked on the replay, maybe my view was better but if that's the case then the linesman should have been even better than mine as he was much closer and nearer to being in line.

Apparently Stiles said he couldn't reveiw it until this afternoon as he was at a ref's conference this morning. How fucking long does it take? All he has to do is stick SSN on for five minutes before he goes to bed and he can clearly see it. Fucktard.

Apparently Stiles said he couldn't reveiw it until this afternoon as he was at a ref's conference this morning. How fucking long does it take? All he has to do is stick SSN on for five minutes before he goes to bed and he can clearly see it. Fucktard.

Long enough for any furor to have died down, then he can quietly forget about it (until next time).

The tackle was neither careless or reckless and so according to the laws of the game it should not have been punished - and certainly should not have been published with a Red Card.

The red card was for denying a goal scoring opportunity. It doesn't need to be reckless.

Fantastic point... B) Given made a save - OH NO - denying a goal scoring opportunity - SEND HIM OFF!

If you give a red card for a tackle for denying a goal scoring opportunity it has to be as a result of a careless or reckless tackle. The red card results from a more extreme iteration of what would normally be a foul - and for a tackle the laws of the game deem that to be a reckless or careless tackle. I'll say it again, that tackle was neither careless or reckless. Thereby there is no foul and it cannot be escalated to a red card, regardless of Beye's last man status.

Looks like your out of luck!

Referee Rob Styles will not be rescinding the red card he showed to Newcastle's Habib Beye in the 12th minute of the 2-2 draw against Manchester City last night.

The referee promised Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear he would review the incident when Robinho was brought down as Beye tackled the City striker.

But Sportsmail understands Styles is happy with his decision and the sending-off will stand which means Beye will miss Saturday's Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland.

Though the Newcastle defender got a faint touch of the ball as he challenged Robinho that doesn't necessarily mean it was not a foul.

Styles believed that in attempting to reach the ball Bebe also fouled the Brazilian, denying him an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

The Hampshire official apologised to Bolton when he awarded a penalty against them after Jlloyd Samuel tackled Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford last month.

But it is believed Styles will not change his mind about Beye's dismissal at St James' Park and the midfielder must serve a one-game suspension.

Sportsmail columnist Graham Poll said: 'It was good refereeing. There was nothing to apologise about last night.'

never was a penna like.

The tackle was neither careless or reckless and so according to the laws of the game it should not have been punished - and certainly should not have been published with a Red Card.

The red card was for denying a goal scoring opportunity. It doesn't need to be reckless.

Fantastic point... B) Given made a save - OH NO - denying a goal scoring opportunity - SEND HIM OFF!

If you give a red card for a tackle for denying a goal scoring opportunity it has to be as a result of a careless or reckless tackle. The red card results from a more extreme iteration of what would normally be a foul - and for a tackle the laws of the game deem that to be a reckless or careless tackle. I'll say it again, that tackle was neither careless or reckless. Thereby there is no foul and it cannot be escalated to a red card, regardless of Beye's last man status.

No..

If the referee deems it to be a foul (which clearly he did), then that foul very definitely denied a goal scoring opportunity, as Robinho was about to shoot. In law if a player makes a foul tackle that denies another player a goal scoring opportunity (the presumption being the player would very likely have scored) then he is punished with a red card. The tackle does not need to be reckless.

I have been in a sililar situation where I have sent off a goalkeeper and awarded a penalty, and whilst I personally dont agree that punishing a team twice is fair, that is the law of the game.

On a different point...

A foul tackle deemed to be reckless is punishable by a red card.

A foul tackle deemed to be careless is punishable by a yellow card.

Though the Newcastle defender got a faint touch of the ball as he challenged Robinho that doesn't necessarily mean it was not a foul.

It was a bit more than a faint touch, he fucking kicked it B)

It was a bit more than a faint touch, he fucking kicked it B)

Shola got less of a touch for his fucking goal.

Referee Rob Styles will not be rescinding the red card he showed to Newcastle's Habib Beye in the 12th minute of the 2-2 draw against Manchester City last night.

The referee promised Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear he would review the incident when Robinho was brought down as Beye tackled the City striker.

But Sportsmail understands Styles is happy with his decision and the sending-off will stand which means Beye will miss Saturday's Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland.

Styles believed that in attempting to reach the ball Bebe also fouled the Brazilian, denying him an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

The Hampshire official apologised to Bolton when he awarded a penalty against them after Jlloyd Samuel tackled Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford last month.

But it is believed Styles will not change his mind about Beye's dismissal at St James' Park and the midfielder must serve a one-game suspension.

Sportsmail columnist Graham Poll said: 'It was good refereeing. There was nothing to apologise about last night.'

never was a penna like.

I'm shocked. B)

Still it won't be long before he does it against one of the top 4 again and gets dropped down into the lower leagues, or kiddy footy, where he belongs.

Maybe he'll be slim enough to keep up with 5 year olds. :boogie:

If the referee deems it to be a foul (which clearly he did),

The point is how did he deem it a foul? And worse how can he STILL deem it a foul after watching video playback?

Clearly a ref can deem anything a foul, but that doesn't make them right.

never was a penna like.

Just take a look at that article. What a load of shite. They even call Beye a midfielder FFS.

"Sportsmail understands" my backside. ATP understands that Sportsmail is bollocks of the highest order.

never was a penna like.

We should be able to refuse Styles from reffing for us again if he doesn't recind the red, joke of a decision if true.

Fucking diabolical! It was bad enough listening to that twat Graeme poll last night, without Rob Styles being a stubborn twat not owning up to his mistake. It shouldn’t be a case that if the referee doesn't spot the mistake that's tough shit! If they can at least review it afterwards and admit they didn't give the right decision and do what's right, otherwise replays on decisions like this should strongly be considered if not to immediate effect, then for next season.

The PFA should overturn the twat's decision. It's not on this like. They're dictating what the fuck they want! B)

If the referee deems it to be a foul (which clearly he did),

The point is how did he deem it a foul? And worse how can he STILL deem it a foul after watching video playback?

Clearly a ref can deem anything a foul, but that doesn't make them right.

Graham Poll said after ther game " Just because he got the ball first doesn't mean that its not a foul" which as far as I can dedeuce means its as you say completely down to the refs interpretation of the law. Which means we're probably fucked and Beye is out for 3 games.

With the advantages of Setanta slow motion Beye clearly got the ball first and then his and Robinho's momentum led to their being contact between their legs.That is why it isnt a foul. Beye didnt try to clear him out by taking his standing leg which was what Poll seemed to be implying, and Styles was also shouted down by 3 ex England internationals sat in the Studio. Styles' posistioning to make the call was dreadful (not that he needs to be 20 yards away and have 3 players between him and the ball to fuck it up-ask Bolton) and the linesman on that side bottled it completely. they need to be made an example of but I'm not holding my breath.