Beye's red card = Rescinded

JaMoUsE

Duff did strike the ref. FACT.

Aye, and he got away with it.

Aye, the bit just after the camera panned away where Duff ran back and kicked him in the groin, gave him a wedgy and then ran off laughing was the best bit. Just as well Danny didn't see that bit. <_<

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol you jessy

I'd be ashamed if all I could manage while "striking" someone was knocking their arm slightly

Edited by Andrew

Have Poll or Styles come out with anything since this decision was made since Styles refused to admit he was wrong and Poll was his usual twatish self on tv about it?

lol you jessy

I'd be ashamed if all I could manage while "striking" someone was knocking their arm slightly

hes not knocked his arm though, styles has put his arm out to duff, who has in turned pushed his arm away

no one in their right fucking mind would consider that striking lol

Styles on the brink of quitting after Beye red card decision

Controversial referee Rob Styles has been pushed to the brink of quitting as a Barclays Premier League referee after the FA on Thursday overturned Habib Beye's red card at St James' Park on Monday night.

The Newcastle defender was dismissed for a professional foul on Manchester City's Robinho and Styles, one of the League's most experienced officials, refused to rescind the red card despite a plea by Newcastle interim manager Joe Kinnear.

But Newcastle appealed to the FA disciplinary committee who backed the Newcastle full back and he is free to play in Saturday's derby at Sunderland.

A friend of Styles said: 'Not only is Rob a top referee but in order to officiate at the top you need a great deal of resolve. He has had good support from his family and friends and that is what is keeping him in the game at the moment.

'But nobody would be surprised if that situation was to change because despite his love for the game there is only so much he can take.'

He was at a meeting of fellow referees in Warwick on Tuesday after rejecting Kinnear's appeal and he was given the support of other officials who said they would have made the same call. However, his management and decision-making in the match was criticised by the assessor.

Although Styles finds himself in emotional turmoil after the FA's decision, it has delighted Kinnear. The Newcastle manager, who confirmed captain Michael Owen is out of the 140th Tyne-Wear derby with a groin strain, said: 'That is one problem out of the way. That is fantastic news. I would have thought that is a victory for common sense and that is what I said to the referee.

'I did not lose my head with him. I said: "You will be surprised when you see the replay." One thing I thought at the time was that he was in a horrible position to call it as he did. Freeze the frame and he has two players in his view and he is craning his neck from behind to see it.

'There were two issues. The tackle, which was made just outside the box and carried into the box, and it was a long way to make the call a penalty.'

Beye said: 'It was a bad decision but I can understand because he is human and when you are human you make mistakes. I got the ball and I could not believe it when he gave the penalty and the red card. You know as a defender when you have made the tackle and when I made that tackle I was 100 per cent confident I got the ball.

'I am glad I can play against Sunderland because games like this are why you are a footballer.'

Shows Styles up for the twat he is but it also shows what's wrong with how refs are ran in this country. Personally I agree with Kinnear that he was in a poor position to make the decision (so should have gone with the defender because not making a correct decision to give a penalty wouldn't have effected the game in the same was as giving a penalty and sending off that should have never been) but I'm sure that from a lot of angles (not from the east stand where we could see clearly that it wasn't a pen) it looked like the correct descision so it should have just been chalked up as a mistake and that he admitted afterwards and that's the end of it. But the way the system seems to work is that if a ref admits a mistake the FA punish them so they are now unable to admit their errors. If a ref is poor for a number of games he should be sanctioned but everyone makes mistakes and the FA's actions should be based on decision even if it is, like this one, one that cost us points.

Presumably Styles is hoping for a massive vote of confidence with loads of people in the game begging him not to quit.

Yup, Styles hoping to avoid relegation to the Championship after Beye red card decision, by pretending he might quit would probably be closer to the truth.

Edited by Fop

Presumably Styles is hoping for a massive vote of confidence with loads of people in the game begging him not to quit.

I'm sure they'll be a queue of people lining up to do that.... <_<