Andy Carroll

Sima

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit harsh to judge him when we're on the back foot against a Man City team with an extra player, especially considering he was up front alone, isn't a regular and is still only 19...

Edited by Besty

Bit harsh to judge him when we're on the back foot against a Man City team with an extra player, especially considering he was up front alone, isn't a regular and is still only 19...

+1

Not really considering he trotted about aimlessly for the 10 minutes he was on not putting any pressure whatsoever on the defenders and allowing them to release passes into midfield with ease. When you're down to 10 men with your backs against the wall you need your attackers to work their arse off as they are the first line of defence in an adverse situation. Carroll was utterly hopeless.

Being only 19 as well he should be a bundle of energy. He plodded around like a 40 year old.

Edited by Sima

Not really considering he trotted about aimlessly for the 10 minutes he was on not putting any pressure whatsoever on the defenders and allowing them to release passes into midfield with ease. When you're down to 10 men with your backs against the wall you need your attackers to work their arse off as they are the first line of defence in an adverse situation. Carroll was utterly hopeless.

Being only 19 as well he should be a bundle of energy. He plodded around like a 40 year old.

Like to see you do any better tbh

He's not paid over £250,000 a year to do so though is he? I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll end up like Tony Lormor, who was very similar in stature and technique, he ended up having a career at Lincoln. Scored a good overhead kick against West Ham though.

Edited by Stevie

Haha what an utterly bollocks argument B). Come back when you have a semblance of a clue, eh?

This thread is an utter embarrassment and I'm surprised people are obliging Sima when he feels the need to post such shite.

He's right though. I mean he's surely deserving of a dozen more chances, but the jury isn't so much out as on their way back through the door with angry looks on their faces.

This thread is an utter embarrassment and I'm surprised people are obliging Sima when he feels the need to post such shite.

So you think his work-rate was acceptable?

I'm by no means Ameobi's biggest fan (who is?) but he could have been out there for 5 hours and he'd still have pressed the defenders more than that carthorse ever did in the 10 minutes he was on.

I didn't think he was directed well enough and It seemed more like a run out than anything else.

Wasn't he forced on by Shola's injury anyway?

I didn't expect much and Carroll didn't provide much.

I didn't think he was directed well enough and It seemed more like a run out than anything else.

Wasn't he forced on by Shola's injury anyway?

I didn't expect much and Carroll didn't provide much.

Given a run-out when we have our backs to the wall protecting a 2-1 lead with only 10 men on the pitch?

Utterly clueless. Shola wasn't carrying a knock, he was completely knackered from working his arse off leading the line and being that first line of defence protecting a lead in difficult conditions.

If I was Shola I would be foaming that all the hard work I had done in 80 minutes had been undone by someone so fucking hopeless. There was one time man Guthrie broke forward and the bellend just stood in the centre circle not even attempting to get forward.

Don't even get me started on the time he just stood next to the ball with N'Zogbia bursting down the left. By the time he actually got himself into gear, Charlie was about 10 yards offside.

Edited by Sima

Was Carroll going to change the game like?

For fucks sake he is a young lad and wasn't expecting to play at all so it is no surprise he looked clueless in a 10 man team that was unorganised for the last half an hour.

I can't imagine what you were expecting (probably Ronaldo in a Manchester United shirt with ''Sima'' on it) but he is a young lad and it's not like he wasn't trying.

The blame doesn't lie with him, the team were all over towards the end...

Was Carroll going to change the game like?

For fucks sake he is a young lad and wasn't expecting to play at all so it is no surprise he looked clueless in a 10 man team that was unorganised for the last half an hour.

I can't imagine what you were expecting (probably Ronaldo in a Manchester United shirt with ''Sima'' on it) but he is a young lad and it's not like he wasn't trying.

The blame doesn't lie with him, the team were all over towards the end...

Where did I say I was expecting that? I at least expected him just to press defenders and hurry them into possibly making errors, you know, being a pair of fresh legs and all. What I didn't expect was to him plod around like Ian Ormondroyd immediately.

For someone trying to debate a point as well, the Man Utd comment is embarrassing like B)

Edited by Sima

Please dont pull a Newcastle shirt on again, you are an utter fucking embarrassment

Sima on a 19 year old striker brought on for the last ten minutes of a very very shakey fixture for a team with ten men.

He tracked back and he didn't do as badly as your making out.

Yawntastic.

Please dont pull a Newcastle shirt on again, you are an utter fucking embarrassment

Sima on a 19 year old striker brought on for the last ten minutes of a very very shakey fixture for a team with ten men.

He tracked back and he didn't do as badly as your making out.

Yawntastic.

Why are you going back to the start? Thought you'd already attempted to address those?

Oh and aye he did track back. Once. Where he ended up at left back, sliced it into the air displayed woeful control and conceded a corner.

My mistake.

B)

I can't imagine him being any worse than he was tonight, I don't know what a footballer would have to do to be any worse, why did he get in Bassong's way.

so you've never criticised a pro before? because, you know, they're obviously better so how can you

I think it was a poor decision from Kinnear to bring him on TBH.

Some more faith should have been showed in Xisco, given that he played in the Under 21 Spanish side and scored a goal for them a week ago. A much better option than a player who in theory is a target man, but has just returned from injury, and seemingly hasn't shown anything anywhere since scoring against Juve in a pre-season match more than a year ago.

I see Kinnear's thinking that he would have more 'mongrel' in him, but there's no point in that if you constantly turn the ball over. Not only did it make Carroll look pap, but it must have also dented Xisco's confidence (assuming he was fit).

I think the tone of the opening post is a bit harsh, but it did look to me last night that Carroll had had a Vice Versa body swap incident with Old Shola during the week by the way he ambled around when he came on.

By the way, New Shola has clearly just been told by Kinnear to embrace his inner donkey and just be a big fucking nuisance up front. Looks like it's working - I thought he was man of the match last night tbh.

I think the tone of the opening post is a bit harsh, but it did look to me last night that Carroll had had a Vice Versa body swap incident with Old Shola during the week by the way he ambled around when he came on.

By the way, New Shola has clearly just been told by Kinnear to embrace his inner donkey and just be a big fucking nuisance up front. Looks like it's working - I thought he was man of the match last night tbh.

Yep, bit harsh to judge him on 10 minutes of game time. I agree that he should have put himself about more, being a nuisance to Man City's midfield, even picking up a yellow card if he had to, but he didn't, he just plodded along and contributed nothing.

Shola had a good game, credit where credit is due, even though his goal was a fluff, which sums up the type of player he is, but he put in a good shift yesterday.

I thought Damien Duff was man of the match myself. He is kicking it up a gear, and although he isn't the vintage Duff of 2002, he is showing us he still has the legs. Here's hoping he takes 2 steps forward in the next few months instead of 5 steps backwards. He is the one with any real creativity in the squad at the moment and is crucial to the club surviving relegation this season.

Yep, bit harsh to judge him on 10 minutes of game time

I'd add it to every other minute I've seen him play - no potential or promise for me.

He's only 19. The first few times he came on as sub that I recall he showed some promise. He looked to be able to hold up the ball, and he's got a bit of power in his shots. Shame he's got a bit of an ego on him, but again, that could just be his age showing.