Andy Carroll

Sima

Yep, bit harsh to judge him on 10 minutes of game time

I'd add it to every other minute I've seen him play - no potential or promise for me.

He's only 19. The first few times he came on as sub that I recall he showed some promise. He looked to be able to hold up the ball, and he's got a bit of power in his shots. Shame he's got a bit of an ego on him, but again, that could just be his age showing.

Never understood what anyone has ever saw in him tbh. Last night he looked exactly what he has always looked like to me, like he can't run, isn't much use in the air despite his height and no touch.

While I think the tone of Sima's original post was a bit harsh, I think it's bourne out of Carroll not looking like he gave a fuck and when you consider the effort Shola put in after some of the stick he's had that just simply isn't acceptable.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rightly or wrongly the guy was selected to sit on the bench by JFK. The purpose of a sub/squad player is to join the game at any stage and contribute to the team, I'm not sure that he did, please do not argue age, what age do you become a footballer?

What I saw on the pitch last night was a spirited performance by players who pulled together with a determination to win, spurred on by the fantastic support of Toon fans. Sadly towards the end 11 men got the dege of 10 men and we were on the backfoot for the last ten minutes or more, IMO Andy C just made up the numbers and because of the forced change made us perform with little more than 9 men for the last 10 minutes.

Apart from some friendlies last year he hasn't looked promising at all. I find it particularly strange that he played at all considering he was out for so long. He hasn't even played for the reserves has he?

By the way, New Shola has clearly just been told by Kinnear to embrace his inner donkey and just be a big fucking nuisance up front. Looks like it's working - I thought he was man of the match last night tbh.

I still thought he was getting in everyone's way tbh...

Duff was MOTM for me.

By the way, New Shola has clearly just been told by Kinnear to embrace his inner donkey and just be a big fucking nuisance up front. Looks like it's working - I thought he was man of the match last night tbh.

Duff was MOTM for me.

Duff really looked like a totally different player. He was actually getting past players, showed good ball control. Shame about his lack of composure after Ameobi's sublime through ball.

Other than that I am not too pleased with Ameobi's performance. Granted he worked really hard and scored. But he still looked like totally lacking any sort of football brain with no real awareness of where to be and what to do. He was just chasing the ball and trying to battle for it. From a top league footballer I do expect a bit more tbh.

Duff was MOTM for me.

Duff really looked like a totally different player. He was actually getting past players, showed good ball control. Shame about his lack of composure after Ameobi's sublime through ball.

Aye, the way he was knocking the ball down the line and running past the player was like the Duff of old. The effort at the gallowgate end was a shame and had it been put through to Michael Owen, would have ended up in the back of the net but that aside, I thought he was immense last night.

young local lad etc

but he's looked pretty shit everytime i've seen him play for us.

chances are though that we'll sell him and he'll go on to become a class player elsewhere

young local lad etc

but he's looked pretty shit everytime i've seen him play for us.

chances are though that we'll sell him and he'll go on to become a class player in the championship then spend the next season warming the bench in the premiership

FYP B)

I'm certainly not going to completely dismiss a player based on what little weve seen of Carroll, but last night he was shocking. All he had to do was give 10-15mins of energetic running, and effort to relieve some of the pressure we were under and he lumbered about as if he was half asleep, i just didn't get it from a young lad with everythign to aim for at all.

As for Shola, he'll never be good enough but fair play to him, he played well last night, offered something of a physical pressence at times last night, did some work and scored a vital goal and deserved the applause he got when he had to go off with an injury.

Something ive noticed about Kinnear albeit from just 2 games is he seems about the first ever toon manager in my time to know how and wehn to use substitutions, ie they don't have to be left till the last 5 minutes when its too late! Against Everton i was watching on tv and you could see Geremi's legs had gone (surprise!) as he chased a player and had to bring them down for a yellow and straight away Kinnear had somebody warmed up and brough Geremi off.

And against man City he kept the players on the pitch whilst we were still doing well, but as MArtins was clearly tiring due to just returning from injury, off he came and Zog was on to provide fresh legs and pace on the break. Long may it continue!

Bit harsh to judge him when we're on the back foot against a Man City team with an extra player, especially considering he was up front alone, isn't a regular and is still only 19...

Not really considering he trotted about aimlessly for the 10 minutes he was on not putting any pressure whatsoever on the defenders and allowing them to release passes into midfield with ease. When you're down to 10 men with your backs against the wall you need your attackers to work their arse off as they are the first line of defence in an adverse situation. Carroll was utterly hopeless.

Being only 19 as well he should be a bundle of energy. He plodded around like a 40 year old.

Like to see you do any better tbh

Haha what an utterly bollocks argument B). Come back when you have a semblance of a clue, eh?

The kid had one bad game and your going on like its the end of the world or something. Ameobi has been at the club for 8 years and hes been getting abuse from all Newcastle fans, Suddenly he has a good game compared to Carroll and you feel the need to go and let your shit out on Carroll. I just wonder who you would have directed your shit at if Carroll hadn't actually got on for the 10 mins he did.

Bit harsh to judge him when we're on the back foot against a Man City team with an extra player, especially considering he was up front alone, isn't a regular and is still only 19...

Not really considering he trotted about aimlessly for the 10 minutes he was on not putting any pressure whatsoever on the defenders and allowing them to release passes into midfield with ease. When you're down to 10 men with your backs against the wall you need your attackers to work their arse off as they are the first line of defence in an adverse situation. Carroll was utterly hopeless.

Being only 19 as well he should be a bundle of energy. He plodded around like a 40 year old.

Like to see you do any better tbh

Haha what an utterly bollocks argument B). Come back when you have a semblance of a clue, eh?

The kid had one bad game and your going on like its the end of the world or something. Ameobi has been at the club for 8 years and hes been getting abuse from all Newcastle fans, Suddenly he has a good game compared to Carroll and you feel the need to go and let your shit out on Carroll. I just wonder who you would have directed your shit at if Carroll hadn't actually got on for the 10 mins he did.

There really isn't any defending Carrol on this one. The kid is a young lad who should be more than capeable of running around the pitch for ten minutes and making it a bit difficult for the opposition. I'm unfit as fuck but I think I could manage that for that amount of time. No one is suggesting he should have been able to beat three defenders and lash it in with is wrong foot but we do expect him to look interested and like a professional athlete and he managed neither of those!

Reading between the lines, the kid is a charva. He's been born and raised in deepest Gateshead, and one of the main reasons Alan Irvine thought he was shit at Preston was because he was on the piss all the time and too many bad external influences. He needs to sort it out.

Reading between the lines, the kid is a charva. He's been born and raised in deepest Gateshead, and one of the main reasons Alan Irvine thought he was shit at Preston was because he was on the piss all the time and too many bad external influences. He needs to sort it out.

You could say the exact same thing about Gazza.

Not comparing Carroll to Gazza B)

Gazza could've been part of the Camorra mafia family, going whacking people at the age of 10, and these external influences wouldn't have stopped him being a world class footballer....that's the difference.

Gazza could've been part of the Camorra mafia family, going whacking people at the age of 10, and these external influences wouldn't have stopped him being a world class footballer....that's the difference.

Those in bold all relate to Gazza.

Your argument is shit mate, you cant say some one is shit at football because they are on the piss or because of their background.

Edited by bawan

Your argument is shit mate, you cant say some one is shit at football because they are on the piss or because of their background.

No but you can say someone is shit because they have little or no ability. I offered Irvine's reason for him being shit.

I got to admit he looked pretty woeful out on the pitch - he could made more of an effort towards last minutes when he was right down towards the goal line but gave away a throw in to them.

Would like to have seen xisco come on

No but you can say someone is shit because they have little or no ability. I offered Irvine's reason for him being shit.

The kids only 19, no one has obviously seen the last of him or him performing to the best of his abilities. You can't judge a 19 year old based on what you have seen of him in a game that he came on with 10 minutes to go or because of a loan spell.

Am not saying that he done well last night, in my honest opinion he was fucking shit when he came on, am just sticking up for him because I don't think people need to start threads and start posting shit saying he should never put on a Toon top again because that is just harsh.