Today's games

Guest Stevie

Some canny games on tonight on SKY done two accumulators. I reckon Man Utd -3 is a quality bet, it's 5/1, they need to win by 4 clear goals, I really think they will, there's not a worse team in the English Premiership than Celtic, and Man Utd are really starting to get in their stride. It will be so one sided I think I'll watch the Arsenal game.

10a on

Arsenal Evs

FC Bayern 4/5

Man Utd HT FT 8/13

Zenit 3/1

10a on

Sheff Utd 4/6

Coventry 5/4

Miwwaww 8/5

Reading 4/9

and a lucky 15 on

Man Utd 5 Celtic 0 25/1

Zenit 4 Bate 0 14/1

Juve 1 Real Madrid 2 10/1

Fenerbahce 1 Arsenal 3 14/1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some canny games on tonight on SKY done two accumulators. I reckon Man Utd -3 is a quality bet, it's 5/1, they need to win by 4 clear goals, I really think they will, there's not a worse team in the English Premiership than Celtic, and Man Utd are really starting to get in their stride. It will be so one sided I think I'll watch the Arsenal game.

10a on

Arsenal Evs

FC Bayern 4/5

Man Utd HT FT 8/13

Zenit 3/1

10a on

Sheff Utd 4/6

Coventry 5/4

Miwwaww 8/5

Reading 4/9

and a lucky 15 on

Man Utd 5 Celtic 0 25/1

Zenit 4 Bate 0 14/1

how does the lucky 15 work?

10a on

Arsenal Evs

FC Bayern 4/5

Man Utd HT FT 8/13

Zenit 3/1

10a on

Sheff Utd 4/6

Coventry 5/4

Miwwaww 8/5

Reading 4/9

and a lucky 15 on

Man Utd 5 Celtic 0 25/1

Zenit 4 Bate 0 14/1

how does the lucky 15 work?

There's four events there yeah and 15 bets - so a 20 pence lucky 15 is 15 x 20p

There's four singles

Six doubles (so if you get two out of four right you win)

Four treble (you need 3 right out of 4 to get this, if you get 3, you win on your 6 doubles and 4 singles too)

and the Quadruple when everyone wins, and you win on every other bet too. So you will have 15 winning bets.

One accumulator (all 4 teams odds multiplied together)

So tonight I've got a 20p £3 Lucky 15 on if all my results come in I win £16,588.50 for just 3 quid. Even if just one of my results is right I'll get more than what I stuck on back.

having to watch the united game here even though would much prefer arsenal or juve v real

It'll be a waste of time watching it, like watching Man Utd v Stoke or WBA, might even be worse than that.

am watching the Juve - Real game.

Good stuff so far - Juve sitting back defending in numbers, real having lots of posession but not creating any clear cut chances.

1- 0 to Juve half time. Momo Sissoko has been IMMENSE.

Watched Man Utd and Arsenal together in the end.

Celtic are one of the worst sides I've ever seen in the Champions League, it's not an exaggeration to say Man Utd didn't get out of first gear and it could've been 10. As for Arthur Boruc B) he's shockingly abysmal, surely the Alan Rough of our generation, and the funny thing I've heard people keep a straight face and say he's better than Given. Surely it was a Scottish media generated myth that Milan wanted him?

Arsenal, fuckin fantastic as ever, just sensational, if there's any justice they as a club and a team deserve the big one soon. This kid Ramsay, it might be stating the obvious but what a future he has in the game, velvet touch, brain of someone 10 years older, different class.

36 goals tonight, should be good watching.

Watched Man Utd and Arsenal together in the end.

Celtic are one of the worst sides I've ever seen in the Champions League, it's not an exaggeration to say Man Utd didn't get out of first gear and it could've been 10. As for Arthur Boruc B) he's shockingly abysmal, surely the Alan Rough of our generation, and the funny thing I've heard people keep a straight face and say he's better than Given. Surely it was a Scottish media generated myth that Milan wanted him?

Arsenal, fuckin fantastic as ever, just sensational, if there's any justice they as a club and a team deserve the big one soon. This kid Ramsay, it might be stating the obvious but what a future he has in the game, velvet touch, brain of someone 10 years older, different class.

36 goals tonight, should be good watching.

Boruc was a class act for Poland in the Euro. Don't think he deserves quite the slagging you're giving him here tbh.

Of course he doesn't deserve it but he plays for one of Stevie's many hated teams.

As opposed to one of your many loved teams. Do you support the toon cos your ma bought the wrong strip for you at christmas, when you were hoping for their's like your mates? I don't hate them, I just think they're deluded arseholes, same as Rangers.

....a few decent performances in the Euro's and he's world class. I simply don't rate him, he doesn't inspire me with confidence the way a keeper should.

You see that one tonight he kneed to Rooney, imagine the stick Given would get, and what about the second goal. These aren't rare events neither. He plays for a team who have the best defence in a piss poor league, and still he lets in many howlers...

No ones ever seen a keeper in make TWO howlers bigger than that in the same game in football history.

World class

It proves to me given the location of the two posters sticking up for him what an influence the media has on people, it really does. Abysmal goalkeeper. You will see stuff like this again but it will be brushed under the carpet again, because your media says he's werruld class. Proves to me the media runs the thoughts of the world.

It proves to me given the location of the two posters sticking up for him what an influence the media has on people, it really does. Abysmal goalkeeper. You will see stuff like this again but it will be brushed under the carpet again, because your media says he's werruld class. Proves to me the media runs the thoughts of the world.

Have a word. The "media" doesn't tell me anything that I can't see with my own two eyes about Boruc. Notice I never say anything about him being better than Given, world class, any of that. What I did say is that he was class for Poland at Euro 2008 - he was - and that doesn't deserve the slagging you gave him - he doesn't.

Back down Stevie man. You're plainly wrong here, location or no. But I suppose the many games you've attended at Parkhead give you better insight into his true skills?

Of course he doesn't deserve it but he plays for one of Stevie's many hated teams.

As opposed to one of your many loved teams. Do you support the toon cos your ma bought the wrong strip for you at christmas, when you were hoping for their's like your mates?

So because I've said that he isn't as bad a keeper as you're making out suddenly I'm a Celtic fan? Or more than likely it's you once again pigeon holing someone because of where they're from as it takes the least effort.

B) So how long have you lived in Glasgow then?

As opposed to one of your many loved teams. Do you support the toon cos your ma bought the wrong strip for you at christmas, when you were hoping for their's like your mates?

So because I've said that he isn't as bad a keeper as you're making out suddenly I'm a Celtic fan? Or more than likely it's you once again pigeon holing someone because of where they're from as it takes the least effort.

B) So how long have you lived in Glasgow then?

Celtic get more coverage in Ireland than they do here, they have little or no fans in England, whereas they have a lot where you are, and no doubt some of them are your friends. There are a lot of myths about Scottish football, and Celtic in general, the fact he is considered a great keeper by people in Ireland and Scotland is one of them. It's Jean Alain Boumsong syndrome, it's Alan Hutton syndrome, it's Stilian Petrov syndrome. These people get spoken about like they're Europe's elite players, in the Scottish/Irish media when they play for the Old Firm, as soon as they play in a decent league they're like fish out of water.

It's interesting that you don't hear many if any, people talk about Boruc in the glowing terms Irish and Scottish people do, I mean it's very easy to pick out individual games where someone plays shite, but I repeat those clips are not one offs. I think the worst thing I've ever seen Given do was when Bentley's shot slipped under him for Norwich, yet that Hibs clip above, Boruc produces two howlers in ONE GAME, bigger than any individual error Given has ever made, yet people, deluded people from the places mentioned talk about him in the same class or even better than Shay!!! He's not even in the same class as Harper, never mind Given.

In my experience of the people I've met and worked with in Norn Iron, most support an English team first and foremost then some of those people have Celtic / Rangers as a 2nd team.

Also, like Ant says, there isn't much coverage of Scottish football as far as I can tell.

Edited by alex

yup that's it, local football is just as sectarian if not worse at times... and it's god awful

so most support an EPL team

outside of highly one sided area's of towns/cities where it's not very mixed (those places you'd see on the news) I'd say very very few people support Celtic/Rangers as their first choice team.

I've seen the odd match on telly and it's nothing to write home about B)

I seen some of Derry v Linfield, was no sectarian abuse or anything.

Ehh yes there was,

Inside the ground they were throwing stuff at each other and Derry made a complaint about the abuse being hurled by the away fans, were chanting about Martin McGuinness's mum who had just died, and the usual bloody Sunday stuff etc, and that lovely line about being upto their knees in fenian blood, I think there was some chants about shankhill bombings as well

then outside the ground the coaches were battered with things as per normal.

To be fair Derry doesn't have the same kind of sectarian element that the likes of Linfield and some of the bigger belfast based clubs would

never ceases to amuse me though, Linfield vs Donegal Celtic last year, normal sectarian chanting etc, linfield had like 3 catholics in their starting 11

that lot aren't the brightest crayons in the box

Well that's not on, but he's still a retired terrorist scumbag no? I didn't hear that like. As long as they keep the sectarian chanting on their island I don't mind, no one wants to hear about Derry's Walls or PI PI PIRA over here like the OF scumbags who've been down here in recent years have sung.