Today's games

Guest Stevie

Those clips are hilarious. B)

He's a shit keeper, he plays for a club who have told everyone they're a massive club enough times for many years, people actually believe it!!! It's the same with Boruc, go on any Celtic MB, they have him down as the best keeper in Europe, he's astonishingly shit, feels like I'm the only one who can see it.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic play in a shit league, but do have a big following and stadium, and have a decent filled domestic trophey cabinet as well as a bit of european success

but if they or rangers were in a better quality league like the premiership... would they even qualify for europe? fuck no

and no i agree, boruc is far from special

Laughable that's even a question. Without any shadow of a doubt they'd both be marooned in the Championship for a long time. Player for player, I think there's at the very least six better Championship sides, Birmingham are certainly one, as are Reading.

Those clips are hilarious. :boogie:

He's a shit keeper, he plays for a club who have told everyone they're a massive club enough times for many years, people actually believe it!!! It's the same with Boruc, go on any Celtic MB, they have him down as the best keeper in Europe, he's astonishingly shit, feels like I'm the only one who can see it.

The handling and stickabitlity of a whisk. B)

Of course he doesn't deserve it but he plays for one of Stevie's many hated teams.

As opposed to one of your many loved teams. Do you support the toon cos your ma bought the wrong strip for you at christmas, when you were hoping for their's like your mates?

So because I've said that he isn't as bad a keeper as you're making out suddenly I'm a Celtic fan? Or more than likely it's you once again pigeon holing someone because of where they're from as it takes the least effort.

It proves to me given the location of the two posters sticking up for him what an influence the media has on people, it really does. Abysmal goalkeeper. You will see stuff like this again but it will be brushed under the carpet again, because your media says he's werruld class. Proves to me the media runs the thoughts of the world.

B) So how long have you lived in Glasgow then?

Celtic get more coverage in Ireland than they do here, they have little or no fans in England, whereas they have a lot where you are, and no doubt some of them are your friends. There are a lot of myths about Scottish football, and Celtic in general, the fact he is considered a great keeper by people in Ireland and Scotland is one of them. It's Jean Alain Boumsong syndrome, it's Alan Hutton syndrome, it's Stilian Petrov syndrome. These people get spoken about like they're Europe's elite players, in the Scottish/Irish media when they play for the Old Firm, as soon as they play in a decent league they're like fish out of water.

It's interesting that you don't hear many if any, people talk about Boruc in the glowing terms Irish and Scottish people do, I mean it's very easy to pick out individual games where someone plays shite, but I repeat those clips are not one offs. I think the worst thing I've ever seen Given do was when Bentley's shot slipped under him for Norwich, yet that Hibs clip above, Boruc produces two howlers in ONE GAME, bigger than any individual error Given has ever made, yet people, deluded people from the places mentioned talk about him in the same class or even better than Shay!!! He's not even in the same class as Harper, never mind Given.

Given that Shay is the Irish international keeper then shouldn't the local media attention be more focussed on him rather than Boruc? The answer is that it's focussed on neither of them. We get the same papers and the same TV channels that you do, unless I actively seek out Celtic coverage I'd know fuck all about them.

In short: You're talking shit.

Of course he doesn't deserve it but he plays for one of Stevie's many hated teams.

As opposed to one of your many loved teams. Do you support the toon cos your ma bought the wrong strip for you at christmas, when you were hoping for their's like your mates?

So because I've said that he isn't as bad a keeper as you're making out suddenly I'm a Celtic fan? Or more than likely it's you once again pigeon holing someone because of where they're from as it takes the least effort.

It proves to me given the location of the two posters sticking up for him what an influence the media has on people, it really does. Abysmal goalkeeper. You will see stuff like this again but it will be brushed under the carpet again, because your media says he's werruld class. Proves to me the media runs the thoughts of the world.

B) So how long have you lived in Glasgow then?

Celtic get more coverage in Ireland than they do here, they have little or no fans in England, whereas they have a lot where you are, and no doubt some of them are your friends. There are a lot of myths about Scottish football, and Celtic in general, the fact he is considered a great keeper by people in Ireland and Scotland is one of them. It's Jean Alain Boumsong syndrome, it's Alan Hutton syndrome, it's Stilian Petrov syndrome. These people get spoken about like they're Europe's elite players, in the Scottish/Irish media when they play for the Old Firm, as soon as they play in a decent league they're like fish out of water.

It's interesting that you don't hear many if any, people talk about Boruc in the glowing terms Irish and Scottish people do, I mean it's very easy to pick out individual games where someone plays shite, but I repeat those clips are not one offs. I think the worst thing I've ever seen Given do was when Bentley's shot slipped under him for Norwich, yet that Hibs clip above, Boruc produces two howlers in ONE GAME, bigger than any individual error Given has ever made, yet people, deluded people from the places mentioned talk about him in the same class or even better than Shay!!! He's not even in the same class as Harper, never mind Given.

Given that Shay is the Irish international keeper then shouldn't the local media attention be more focussed on him rather than Boruc? The answer is that it's focussed on neither of them. We get the same papers and the same TV channels that you do, unless I actively seek out Celtic coverage I'd know fuck all about them.

In short: You're talking shit.

Fuck off you knob.

Didn't even bother to answer me I see. I'll consider that apology accepted.

What did you want to know?

Is Boruc shite? Of course he is for a lot of the reasons I've illustrated in this thread.

Edited by Stevie

Is Boruc shite? Of course he is for a lot of the reasons I've illustrated in this thread.

Wanted to know if you were going to back down on your ridiculous comment about my thoughts on Boruc being controlled by the media where I live. Is there any reason why States media would try to tell me that Boruc is a good keeper?

And, on a separate point, I still maintain that he's not nearly as shit as you say. Decent keeper, not in the same league as Given or other top keepers by any means but hardly the "abysmal" keeper you're making him out to be.

Wanted to know if you were going to back down on your ridiculous comment about my thoughts on Boruc being controlled by the media where I live. Is there any reason why States media would try to tell me that Boruc is a good keeper?

And, on a separate point, I still maintain that he's not nearly as shit as you say. Decent keeper, not in the same league as Given or other top keepers by any means but hardly the "abysmal" keeper you're making him out to be.

No, I can't think of an other logical reason why you would think this. When he plays here again I think we should chant you're just a slim Mike Hooper to him. Even when our reserves beat them 4-1 last summer he was to blame for at three of the goals.

Spurs Ajax double for me tonight. £5 wins me £90.

Time for my / Spurs luck to turn around.

Are you implying your team is racially superior to Ajax's? <_<

Eh?

You must be as dense with your money, as you are at posting on here. Just got an utterly gobsmacking 11/10 for Udinese at Corals. I was expecting 1/4, they're 2nd in Serie A.

You must be as dense with your money, as you are at posting on here. Just got an utterly gobsmacking 11/10 for Udinese at Corals. I was expecting 1/4, they're 2nd in Serie A.

I know they are but 3/1 in a two horse race for a team that is traditionally very good in Europe and 7/2 on Ajax were just too long odds to turn down IMO.

No doubt one of them will let me down.

I know they are but 3/1 in a two horse race for a team that is traditionally very good in Europe and 7/2 on Ajax were just too long odds to turn down IMO.

There's 3 possible results numbnuts.

Traditionall very good in Europe <_< You've played two decent sides in EUROPE in the last 20 years Kaiserslautern and PSV, and got knocked off both.