seen that new lad Nile Ranger scored another for the reserves last night

figured i'd look up some info on google see what the craic was, stats etc

found this...

friends with Nathan Dyer was about the only thing on the page i could make out

you is bringin it down bad dog

Nile is representing da tooooon bouyyyyyyyyyyyy

<insert snizzle wizzle snoop dogg type stuff here>

word

anyways he's scoring in the reserves consistently, surely worth a bench slot atm considering Ameobi and Carroll are taking up room there

Edited by Ant

Reckon he could be the first toon player to be arrested over a drive by?

we've had the fighters the roasters and everything else already

he's the new breed!, the next generation of toon scandal, proper gangsta

☆RANGER☆ STR8888888888888 LIKE A BANANA

surprised he hasn't got jenas on his friends list if thats the case

Newcastle's Academy made it five wins in a row with a resounding 5-2 win over Huddersfield to stay top of their league.

And among the goals again was Nile Ranger with another hat-trick with Michael McCrudden and Conor Newton also on target.

What happened to make Southampton get rid of him? Was he involved in the Nathan Dyer thing?

He wasn't involved with that but it was something similar, spent some time in a young offenders institute.

12 in 7 for the under 18's and 3 in 6 for the reserves, seems to get plenty of assists too.

He looks a great prospect. to be fair we got some good young lads in the squad. zamblera, ranger, kadar, etc hopefully they get a chance in the first squad, lualua had a couple chances last season and he looks good.

The first Ranger thread I found so whatever...

ALAN SHEARER has revealed he would have "no fears" about giving Nile Ranger his big chance during Newcastle United's fight for survival.

The Londoner celebrated his 18th birthday at the Britannia Stadium and at one point it looked like he was going to be thrust into the action after warming up extensively in the second half.

A first-team appearance would cap a tremendous personal season for the Londoner who has already picked up the Wor Jackie award for his outstanding progress and been called up to the England Under-19 side to win his first cap.

However, his fellow young gun Andy Carroll was the one who emerged from the bench to save the Magpies.

Previously, Joe Kinnear indicated that he would not risk teenager Ranger in the heat of a relegation battle. But Shearer, who scored a hat-trick on his full debut for Southampton as a 17-year-old, has no qualms about Ranger’s inclusion.

And while there have been several false dawns when it comes to youngsters coming through from Newcastle’s second string, the view of the former England skipper, who netted 30 times for his country, and United’s all-time top scorer with 206 goals, will undoubtedly be respected.

Ranger has bagged 22 times for the reserve and Academy side this season after arriving on a free transfer at the start of the season following a stint as a trainee, like Shearer, at doomed Championship outfit Southampton.

Shearer told the Chronicle: “If you’re good enough – it doesn’t matter what age you are.

“If he can add something to the team, I would have no fear about putting him on.

“I said to all the guys in the reserves, ‘how you play and how you train will determine to me whether you have a part to play trying to help Newcastle United’.

“I’ve seen a response from all of them, including Nile Ranger and Andy Carroll.

“The response was great last Monday, as it has been in training.

“I said to Andy and Nile that they both have big roles to play here at this football club for the remaining games of the season.

“I told them to out and show me what they had in the reserves.

“Both of them have done that and that’s why they were in the squad for Stoke and on the bench.

“If they keep on producing results then you never know – they might get starts in games.”

Shearer has also re-iterated his belief that Newcastle have what it takes to stay afloat in the top flight.

The former No 9 has been continuing to work around the clock for the black-and-white cause and will take in tonight’s Northumberland Senior Cup semi-final between United’s second string and Newcastle Benfield at Whitley Park (7pm).

The lads won 2-1.

The first Ranger thread I found so whatever...

ALAN SHEARER has revealed he would have "no fears" about giving Nile Ranger his big chance during Newcastle United's fight for survival.

The Londoner celebrated his 18th birthday at the Britannia Stadium and at one point it looked like he was going to be thrust into the action after warming up extensively in the second half.

A first-team appearance would cap a tremendous personal season for the Londoner who has already picked up the Wor Jackie award for his outstanding progress and been called up to the England Under-19 side to win his first cap.

However, his fellow young gun Andy Carroll was the one who emerged from the bench to save the Magpies.

Previously, Joe Kinnear indicated that he would not risk teenager Ranger in the heat of a relegation battle. But Shearer, who scored a hat-trick on his full debut for Southampton as a 17-year-old, has no qualms about Ranger’s inclusion.

And while there have been several false dawns when it comes to youngsters coming through from Newcastle’s second string, the view of the former England skipper, who netted 30 times for his country, and United’s all-time top scorer with 206 goals, will undoubtedly be respected.

Ranger has bagged 22 times for the reserve and Academy side this season after arriving on a free transfer at the start of the season following a stint as a trainee, like Shearer, at doomed Championship outfit Southampton.

Shearer told the Chronicle: “If you’re good enough – it doesn’t matter what age you are.

“If he can add something to the team, I would have no fear about putting him on.

“I said to all the guys in the reserves, ‘how you play and how you train will determine to me whether you have a part to play trying to help Newcastle United’.

“I’ve seen a response from all of them, including Nile Ranger and Andy Carroll.

“The response was great last Monday, as it has been in training.

“I said to Andy and Nile that they both have big roles to play here at this football club for the remaining games of the season.

“I told them to out and show me what they had in the reserves.

“Both of them have done that and that’s why they were in the squad for Stoke and on the bench.

“If they keep on producing results then you never know – they might get starts in games.”

Shearer has also re-iterated his belief that Newcastle have what it takes to stay afloat in the top flight.

The former No 9 has been continuing to work around the clock for the black-and-white cause and will take in tonight’s Northumberland Senior Cup semi-final between United’s second string and Newcastle Benfield at Whitley Park (7pm).

The lads won 2-1.

The Londoner sure knows how to party.

you is bringin it down bad dog

Nile is representing da tooooon bouyyyyyyyyyyyy

<insert snizzle wizzle snoop dogg type stuff here>

word

anyways he's scoring in the reserves consistently, surely worth a bench slot atm considering Ameobi and Carroll are taking up room there

No one on tha corna got swagga like Nile. :D

Hell, if he can score, who cares? I'd be for Carroll putting his corn rows back in if he keeps playing like he did against Stoke.

Fantastic news. Hope he keeps true to his word about giving those deserving a chance. Just a shame Lua Lua went out on loan I guess.