Bouldering/Climbing

Jusoda Kid

Thinking about starting to take the bairn to the new climbing centre in Byker as she's loves the climbing walls, just wondering if there's any of you lot got much experience doing this sort of thing, anything to look out for, do's and dont's etc.

TIA

I've enjoyed climbing on your lass I must admit.

:D

And I've quite enjoyed putting my fingers in your sis's crevice whilst she tugged on my rope <_<

;)

Back to the original post. Its great, I have climbed at the Leeds wall and when you get into it, its a great sport and there is some smashing outdoor climbing in the North.

Might have to bite the bullet and go for the three month memberships for me and the bairn. Shipley baths as well, my old hunting ground.

http://climbnewcastle.com/

I always remember my brother daring me to swim to the bottom and pick up a pebble in the deep end with my new goggles on, these bad boys:

15015617pw1.jpg

w475.png

Turns out it wasn't a pebble but a lump of shit someone had kindly deposited there, I surfaced that quick I swear I ended up with the bends, might have been the suction off my goggles like.

Dirty fuckas!

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I used to do a bit of climbing when I was at high school, not many crags in East Anglia but a few good climbing walls, great fun and you don't have to climb high to enjoy it, arguably traversing is harder than assent, although I gave up after a good friend that I had introduced to climbing died on a fall on the Alps aged 18.

RIP Chris, I'll never forget.