Top 10 Conspiracy theories

Jimbo

48% of Britons believe that Area 51 exists to investigate aliens and their spaceships.

A massive 38% think that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government.

And 35% believe that the Apollo landing on the Moon was a hoax.

A suspicious 32% are convinced that Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed were murdered.

25% think the Illuminati and the Masons are trying to take over the world.

And would you believe Scientologists rule Hollywood? Well, 17% of those who took part in the survey would.

Big Brother is watching - and 7% believe that barcodes are really intended to control people.

And 6% are convinced that Microsoft sends messages via Wingdings.

Another dark theory: some 5% believe the US government allowed Pearl Harbour to happen.

And 3% think the world is run by dinosaur-like reptiles!

The poll also revealed that 61% believe in aliens.

And 52% think ghosts exist.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another dark theory: some 5% believe the US government allowed Pearl Harbour to happen.

Not exactly the same but a commonly held belief is that Churchill was given intercepted Japanese intelligence concerning the raid but chose not to disclose it to the USA, correctly predicting that the Americans' subsequent joining of the war would be a major coup for the Allies.

48% of Britons believe that Area 51 exists to investigate aliens and their spaceships.Maybe not at 'Area 51' but I dp believe such a place exists somewhere

A massive 38% think that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government.Definitely not (but Parky will tell me I'm talking shite ;))

And 35% believe that the Apollo landing on the Moon was a hoax.Can't make my mind up on this one - although knowing the yanks, if they can prove something they will so why haven't they sent a video probe to the moon to record footage of the LEM bases which should still be there?

A suspicious 32% are convinced that Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed were murdered.Good god - how did al Fayed manage to persuade so many? <_<

25% think the Illuminati and the Masons are trying to take over the world. Christ!

And would you believe Scientologists rule Hollywood? Well, 17% of those who took part in the survey would. Tom Cruise has a lot to answer for with bullshit like this

Big Brother is watching - and 7% believe that barcodes are really intended to control people. Fuck off! :D

And 6% are convinced that Microsoft sends messages via Wingdings. They probably do, but who gives a fuck?

Another dark theory: some 5% believe the US government allowed Pearl Harbour to happen. Wouldn't put it past them, but I doubt they did

And 3% think the world is run by dinosaur-like reptiles! Bush looks like a primate, NOT a dinosaur

The poll also revealed that 61% believe in aliens.I'm with them on this one. I can't believe that with the size of the universe, that little old earth contains the only living matter. Most people choose not to believe it simply because it's not been proven yet.

And 52% think ghosts exist.Bollocks

0.5% of people think that all conpiracies are encouraged by the capitalist pig dog free marketeers whose stranglehold on the worlds economy is at an all time high along with worldwide poverty. A process that has gone on unchallenged for decades.

Edited by Happy Face

Of those I do believe in an area 51 sort of place but not the conspiracy typical place where there are aliens and stuff and i do believe aliens exist somewhere because there are far to many planets/galaxies etc out there for all forms of life in the universe to be on ours

What's the conspiracy theory - the beliefs or the percentages?

You aren't going to start sniggering at illogical beliefs are you ?

<_<

I was told by a religious nutjob years ago while waiting in a queue for a gig that the barcodes on the bottle of water I had and indeed all barcodes translate as "666" - He was so earnest about it and didn't take kindly to my reply that that would make any kind of stock control programs redundant before they were written.

Having said that the idea of Satan and/or his minions going to all that bother just to surround us with his number did appeal to me.

I was told by a religious nutjob years ago while waiting in a queue for a gig that the barcodes on the bottle of water I had and indeed all barcodes translate as "666" - He was so earnest about it and didn't take kindly to my reply that that would make any kind of stock control programs redundant before they were written.

Having said that the idea of Satan and/or his minions going to all that bother just to surround us with his number did appeal to me.

since the number is 616 as well just makes him especially wrong

QI-licious

QI-licious

aye except I knew that little bit of trivia yonks before it ended up on QI, so I actually got that question right <_<

48% of Britons believe that Area 51 exists to investigate aliens and their spaceships.

There are more than 27 bases to do with E.T.

Wasn't their idea nor orchestrated by them, but they did little or nothing when it started happening and elements within

'the Govt' might have helped it along a bit.

They were but we did put men on the moon later.

A suspicious 32% are convinced that Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed were murdered.

They were murdered.

The banking system is more their target.

And would you believe Scientologists rule Hollywood? Well, 17% of those who took part in the survey would.

Jews?

Big Brother is watching - and 7% believe that barcodes are really intended to control people.

Rubbish.

NO idea. But it is said there are background programmes in win that are there to help the CIA (since XP).

They did know but it was probably too late. I don't mind cause we need them to come into the war.

Rubbish.

They have been here for thousands of years.

Not sure.

Wasn't their idea nor orchestrated by them, but they did little or nothing when it started happening and elements within 'the Govt' might have helped it along a bit.

Today I read the Speech Rumsfeld gave at the Pentagon the day before a plane flew into the building in which he made it....

The topic today is an adversary that poses a threat, a serious threat, to the security of the United States of America. This adversary is one of the world's last bastions of central planning. It governs by dictating five-year plans. From a single capital, it attempts to impose its demands across time zones, continents, oceans and beyond. With brutal consistency, it stifles free thought and crushes new ideas. It disrupts the defense of the United States and places the lives of men and women in uniform at risk.

Perhaps this adversary sounds like the former Soviet Union, but that enemy is gone: our foes are more subtle and implacable today. You may think I'm describing one of the last decrepit dictators of the world. But their day, too, is almost past, and they cannot match the strength and size of this adversary.

The adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy. Not the people, but the processes. Not the civilians, but the systems. Not the men and women in uniform, but the uniformity of thought and action that we too often impose on them.

http://www.defenselink.mil/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=430

<_<

There are more than 27 bases to do with E.T.

Wasn't their idea nor orchestrated by them, but they did little or nothing when it started happening and elements within

'the Govt' might have helped it along a bit.

They were but we did put men on the moon later.

They were murdered.

The banking system is more their target.

Jews?

Rubbish.

NO idea. But it is said there are background programmes in win that are there to help the CIA (since XP).

They did know but it was probably too late. I don't mind cause we need them to come into the war.

Rubbish.

They have been here for thousands of years.

Not sure.

Aye, one of them goes by the name Park Life. <_<

It's been dissected ad nauseam, probably on this board as well, but nevertheless: I wouldn't say 9/11 was "orchestrated" by the USA but I fully believe they knew about the attacks in advance and intentionally did nothing. Cue Fop running along to tell me what an Islamofascist I am, trying to spread vicious propaganda about the free world.

Edited by acrossthepond

Yes I believe it once did, but Area 51 isn't so secretive now as everyone knows about it so they have had to move to places unknown. Area 51 is primarily used now for black budget projects that are of earthly origin, but was once a place where extraterrestrial technology was back-engineered and researched as Bob Lazar (a guy who used to work there) has described. The guy even knew when these things were to fly around and took people to go watch them and video them back in the early 1990's.

I also believe John Lear (whose father formed the Lear Jet company) also when he says that America has had the technology for decades now to be able to fly to the Moon and Mars as simply as boarding on a plane to go from London to LA.

I have heard of bases jointly run by ET's and humans here on earth like the Dulce base in New Mexico, but I don't know if that's true. There are supposed to be other bases in and around America and Puerto Rico.

I don't know what's wackier, this particular conspiracy or those who believe it. I've heard/read them all; That the planes were 3D holograms that were actually missiles, that a secretive governmental element oversaw the whole thing complete with unmarked planes on the day of the event, that bombs were planted inside the WTC to ensure they came down. Please... give me a break. <_<

Not sure, but I do believe that man has gone to the moon but whether it was in 1969 I don't know, although it is said that America has bases on the moon unknown to the public and they are mining it and have done so for decades, a claim made by John Lear. I do believe that NASA is a deceitful organisation who do not tell us everything there is to know, after all, it is a governmental organisation. I do know that many photos taken by NASA of the Lunar surface and other planets have been airbrushed to hide things. Now why would they do this?

Bollocks. :D

Bollocks again. ;)

It used to be the Jews, now it's Tom Cruise and his merry band of scientologists. :lol:

Only the mentally deluded and supa-paranoid believe this one. :lol:

Don't know, maybe, probably... ahh who cares.

I believe the Americans had an inkling that this was going to happen, obviously, because at the time the Japanese took America's support of China and its embargo of oil and steel as an act of war, but I don't believe the Americans knew the day and hour the attack was to happen. They hadn't fully mastered Japanese encryption until later on in the war. The Yanks could have been more vigilant though, that's for sure.

Reptoids that can morph their image from lizard-like to human and they walk among us.

No. :lol:

Statistics alone (Drake Equation) make me believe there are advanced extraterrestrial biological entities in the universe whose civilisations have had millions of years head start over us. I also believe they have been visiting earth for thousands if not millions of years. There has been much anecdotal evidence over the years. I believe the Roswell incident is true. The Rendlesham incident in Suffolk was pretty damning as it was witnessed by military personnel. The incident at Varginha, Brazil. The Kecksberg incident was another, and of course the thousands upon thousands of witness accounts over the years. The mythology and depictions from many civilisations and cultures throughout history suggests visitation from ET's also. Definitely, we are not alone.

I've never experienced anything supernatural, but I've read and watched stories/accounts in the past from people who have and this leads me to believe that, yes, they quite possibly do exist.

Edited by Ken

QI-licious

Now that IS bollocks.

I bet he got that from David Thewlis' character in the Mike Leigh film 'Naked'.

No it isn't, it's 666. QI is canny good but it talks a right load of shite at times too.