Top 10 Conspiracy theories

Jimbo

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by a religious nutjob years ago while waiting in a queue for a gig that the barcodes on the bottle of water I had and indeed all barcodes translate as "666" - He was so earnest about it and didn't take kindly to my reply that that would make any kind of stock control programs redundant before they were written.

Having said that the idea of Satan and/or his minions going to all that bother just to surround us with his number did appeal to me.

<_< Shame 666 is a miss translation too, or he could be right.

I was told by a religious nutjob years ago while waiting in a queue for a gig that the barcodes on the bottle of water I had and indeed all barcodes translate as "666" - He was so earnest about it and didn't take kindly to my reply that that would make any kind of stock control programs redundant before they were written.

Having said that the idea of Satan and/or his minions going to all that bother just to surround us with his number did appeal to me.

since the number is 616 as well just makes him especially wrong

No it isn't, it's 666. QI is canny good but it talks a right load of shite at times too.

aye but since I actually mentioned that I found that out way before QI ever mentioned it, before QI was even on tv in fact thats not the point is it

Edited by Andrew

No it isn't, it's 666. QI is canny good but it talks a right load of shite at times too.

aye but since I actually mentioned that I found that out way before QI ever mentioned it, before QI was even on tv in fact thats not the point is it

Aye, the source of the bollocks isn't that important, it's more the fact it's bollocks <_<

Aye, the source of the bollocks isn't that important, it's more the fact it's bollocks <_<

how exactly is it bollocks then?

If you look in the Bible, the number of the beast is 666.

Did they prove the mistranslation to be wrong then?

Isn't that heavily disputed though? I.e. that in itself (616) was a mistranslation or whatever of earlier manuscripts. I mean, it could be 616, but QI went on like it definitely was when in fact the most widely held belief is that the number in John's original book of Revelations was in fact '666'. The '616' thing is a bit like the Apocrypha (sp?).

Aye, the source of the bollocks isn't that important, it's more the fact it's bollocks :D

Isn't that heavily disputed though? I.e. that in itself (616) was a mistranslation or whatever of earlier manuscripts. I mean, it could be 616, but QI went on like it definitely was when in fact the most widely held belief is that the number in John's original book of Revelations was in fact '666'. The '616' thing is a bit like the Apocrypha (sp?).

No idea, it's all smoke and mirrors and Chinese whispers anyway (look at the English love and charity mistranslation). I just thought that was still dated as the earliest copy. <_<

Aye, the source of the bollocks isn't that important, it's more the fact it's bollocks :D

No idea, it's all smoke and mirrors and Chinese whispers anyway (look at the English love and charity mistranslation). I just thought that was still dated as the earliest copy. <_<

It is, that's where the controversy comes from.

A suspicious 32% are convinced that Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed were murdered.

They were murdered.

Parky you come out with some utter shite at times... :nufc: