Supplements

Douggy B

I am thinking about trying some out.

Nothing wrong with me (apart from the obvious) but I would like to make myself better - for example, increased concentration, better circulation etc.

Anybody take any supplements? Not interested in all that body building rubbish by the way just good stuff.

Edited by Danny B

Used to.

Stopped.

They do nothing.

Not really the answer I was looking for. Cod Liver Oil is proven to increase brain function though? Is that right?

Edited by Danny B

Used to.

Stopped.

They do nothing.

Not really the answer I was looking for. Cod Liver Oil is proven to increase brain function though? Is that right?

The only thing I still use is cooking oil with Omega 3 in it which is better for your blood cholesterol.

I cycle approx 150m a week. I have a high carb & high protein diet. When I am racing ill increase my carb & protein intakes with powders and thats about it.

I take daily Omega 3 and Cod Liver oil tablets. I dont eat enough Oily fish so hence the Omega 3 <_<

If you want to increase your concentration make sure youre drinking enough water and I would recommend Omega 3.

I cycle approx 150m a week. I have a high carb & high protein diet. When I am racing ill increase my carb & protein intakes with powders and thats about it.

I take daily Omega 3 and Cod Liver oil tablets. I dont eat enough Oily fish so hence the Omega 3 <_<

If you want to increase your concentration make sure youre drinking enough water and I would recommend Omega 3.

Omega 3 is da bomb. :D

Used to.

Stopped.

They do nothing.

It won't help. <_<

Aye it is. If I stop taking it for a while I can actually notice the mood change in me.

Aye it is. If I stop taking it for a while I can actually notice the mood change in me.

Spend a week a year browsing algae off Antarctica and you can live to be 100 with the body of a 21 year old, just like me. ;)

I take daily Omega 3 and Cod Liver oil tablets. I dont eat enough Oily fish so hence the Omega 3 :D

Omega 3 is da bomb. ;)

<_< If that happened from alcohol you''d probably be advised to go to AA.

I generally take the view that all these supplements are bad...when you're a healthy individual. Didn't want to say so about Omega 3 as it could be perfectly safe. But then lo and behold I read it isn't...

In a letter published October 31, 2000, the United States Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements noted that known or suspected risks of EPA and DHA n−3 fatty acids may include the possibility of:

Increased bleeding if overused (normally over 3 grams per day) by a patient who is also taking aspirin or warfarin. However, this is disputed.

Hemorrhagic stroke (only in case of very large doses).

Oxidation of n−3 fatty acids forming biologically active oxidation products.

Reduced glycemic control among diabetics.

Suppression of immune and inflammation responses, and consequently, decreased resistance to infections and increased susceptibility to opportunistic bacteria.

An increase in concentration of LDL cholesterol in some individuals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_3#Health_risks

Stay off the crack kids.

You can get badness from all tbh if you overdo it.

Have a nice balanced diet and that should see you through.

Mine is high in Carbs and Protein with the two supplements for biking, if I didnt bike I wouldnt take them.

Mine is high in Carbs and Protein with the two supplements for biking, if I didnt bike I wouldnt take them.

Waste of bloody money that does more harm than good if you ask me. Just hoy some tuna on your jacket tatie a couple of times a week.

Waste of bloody money that does more harm than good if you ask me. Just hoy some tuna on your jacket tatie a couple of times a week.

The way tuna stocks are you won't be doing that in a decade or so.

I take daily Omega 3 and Cod Liver oil tablets. I dont eat enough Oily fish so hence the Omega 3 :D

Omega 3 is da bomb. ;)

I generally take the view that all these supplements are bad...when you're a healthy individual. Didn't want to say so about Omega 3 as it could be perfectly safe. But then lo and behold I read it isn't...

In a letter published October 31, 2000, the United States Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements noted that known or suspected risks of EPA and DHA n−3 fatty acids may include the possibility of:

Increased bleeding if overused (normally over 3 grams per day) by a patient who is also taking aspirin or warfarin. However, this is disputed.

Suppression of immune and inflammation responses, and consequently, decreased resistance to infections and increased susceptibility to opportunistic bacteria.

Stay off the crack kids.

The Fda are against anything that will bring freedom to da people. It's the basics Nicos.

Perhaps then we can move onto eating people who have eaten Tuna. <_<

Perhaps then we can move onto eating people who have eaten Tuna. :D

Shh....... no one is supposed to know about that bit yet. <_< Obesity epidemic/future food stores. 1147.gif

Omega 3 is da bomb. ;)

I doubt it somehow. Although it would probably lead to a week in the Priory if you were a no-mark rock star.

I take daily Omega 3 and Cod Liver oil tablets. I dont eat enough Oily fish so hence the Omega 3 ;)

Omega 3 is da bomb. :lol:

:D If that happened from alcohol you''d probably be advised to go to AA.

Stay off the crack kids.

The Fda are against anything that will bring freedom to da people. It's the basics Nicos.

Freedom to the people?

"Suppression of immune and inflammation responses, and consequently, decreased resistance to infections and increased susceptibility to opportunistic bacteria."

The food companies sell junk so people feel like shit. The pharmeceutical companies sell drugs to put a spring back in their step. Those drugs induce greater long term health problems so you buy other drugs to treat those problems.

It's a racket man.

I'd rather smoke than take Omega 3. <_<

Edited by Happy Face

<_<

I can't remember who it was on the telly going on about people like that but they were spot on. It was along the lines of "You haven't even taken enough drugs to be in rehab, so either take the drugs and shut the fuck up or stop taking them and shut the fuck up". Re-hab's a badge on honour for shitty celebs everywhere though.