Rumour on Skunkers

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't access Skunkers because I don't have a profile there, can anyone fill me in on what the actual rumours are?

A bloke who posts over there (Dutchtoon) said that the club has been sold and an announcement will be made tomorrow. His source is a lad he knows out in Dubai who brokered part of the deal for the President of the UAE, brother of the bloke who owns Man City. Three or four people have also commented that they've heard the same thing, including another poster (Whatever) who used to have all the gen on comings and goings since he was good mates with Shepherd's son. Another bloke who is the go to guy for Radio Newcastle and 5 Live has also apparently recieved a phonecall from the latter asking him if he'd be willing to comment on the speculation on Arlo White's show this evening.

I can't access Skunkers because I don't have a profile there, can anyone fill me in on what the actual rumours are?

A bloke who posts over there (Dutchtoon) said that the club has been sold and an announcement will be made tomorrow. His source is a lad he knows out in Dubai who brokered part of the deal for the President of the UAE, brother of the bloke who owns Man City. Three or four people have also commented that they've heard the same thing, including another poster (Whatever) who used to have all the gen on comings and goings since he was good mates with Shepherd's son. Another bloke who is the go to guy for Radio Newcastle and 5 Live has also apparently recieved a phonecall from the latter asking him if he'd be willing to comment on the speculation on Arlo White's show this evening.

Cheers mate!

Is this guy as rich as his brother though or is he the black (oops a bit racsist there) sheep of the family who's down to his last couple of billion?

This guy is the President of the UAE. Not really the black sheep.

The rumour was running around on Monday night. There was to be an announcement later that evening, I wonder if this is just an extension and expansion of what was started before the game on Monday.

Elaborate rumour, I hope not, and finally we rid the Toon of Cashley and Co.

Excuse the source...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1849493.ece

A KUWAITI billionaire was last night closing in on Newcastle.

Businessman Nasser Al-Kharafi is in serious discussions about buying the club for £300million.

Sources close to Al-Kharafi claim meetings have been taking place this week with a view to making owner Mike Ashley a firm offer.

The Toon deal will be channelled through an Abu Dhabi company but Al-Kharafi is the man behind it. He is worth £9billion and is listed as the world's 48th richest man.

Al-Kharafi made his money in construction and engineering and was linked with the club last month.

At the time a spokesman claimed there was "nothing serious going on". But Al-Kharafi and his family have been studying documents about Newcastle's financial state and are ready to make their move.

A source close to the family said: "Newcastle intrigues them and there's a real chance they could get the club.

"It is possible the deal could be done by next week."

Excuse the source...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1849493.ece

A KUWAITI billionaire was last night closing in on Newcastle.

Businessman Nasser Al-Kharafi is in serious discussions about buying the club for £300million.

Sources close to Al-Kharafi claim meetings have been taking place this week with a view to making owner Mike Ashley a firm offer.

The Toon deal will be channelled through an Abu Dhabi company but Al-Kharafi is the man behind it. He is worth £9billion and is listed as the world's 48th richest man.

Al-Kharafi made his money in construction and engineering and was linked with the club last month.

At the time a spokesman claimed there was "nothing serious going on". But Al-Kharafi and his family have been studying documents about Newcastle's financial state and are ready to make their move.

A source close to the family said: "Newcastle intrigues them and there's a real chance they could get the club.

"It is possible the deal could be done by next week."

I'll Kuwait for the full details before I get excited.

This sounds like total bollocks media speculation, a few days after we manage a draw with city with only 10 men, now the brother of there owner is after buying us! nah, wont believe it until i here an official statement

The Telegraph:

Newcastle United are reportedly close to agreeing a £300 million takeover deal with Kuwaiti billionaire Masser Al-Kharafi.

By Emily Benammar

Last Updated: 9:47AM BST 24 Oct 2008

Sticking around: Joe Kinnear will sign a new contract keeping him as interim manager for another month Photo: GETTY IMAGES

Talks with the 48th richest man in the world have been ongoing this week, and sources close to the businessman believe a firm offer will be made to Mike Ashley.

Though a spokesman has claimed “nothing serious” is going on, Al-Kharafi was named one of the seven groups interested in the club a few weeks ago.

Should the deal go through it will be channelled through an Abu Dhabi company, but Al-Kharafi will be the man behind it.

“Newcastle intrigues them,” a source told the Sun. “There’s a real chance they could get the club.

“It is possible the deal could be done by next week.”

Meanwhile, interim manager Joe Kinnear is set to sign a new one-month contract.

The 61-year-old will extend his stay on Tyneside, which was due to expire at the end of October, until the end of November by agreeing a rolling deal.

“I will be signing a new contract, but it will be for another month,” Kinnear said.

“It’s a monthly situation because I know they are in talks - who with, I have no idea - but they are in talks and what they are doing, it is just like a rolling contract, one month after another month, and then take it from there.

“During the week, there were three or four managers mentioned. Gerard Houllier - there were so many, I lost count. Sven-Goran Eriksson was in there as well.

“I don’t know, really. There are so many consortiums.”

Whatever happens behind the scenes over the next few weeks and months, Kinnear insists he is enjoying every minute of his big chance.

He said: “I love it. It’s the best thing I have ever done, it really is.

“I have tried on numerous occasions to get myself back in. All the interviews that I’d had, I had asked if I could just make a statement and have them listen to what I had to say.

“But it was, 'How’s your heart?’, 'How’s your medical situation?’, so really, I was written off, to be honest.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me to let everybody know I am back in the business.

“If it’s not to be at Newcastle, I understand that, if Kevin Keegan is on his way back.

“But you never know what will happen to me, if I do a good job here, where it is going to take me.

“I have got to make sure a do a really great job for the short period of time I am here.”

If this goes through I can see it being the straw that breaks the camels back. Platinis head will explode at the thought of 4 english teams getting to the champions league semis and he will rush through some sort of legislation on it

If this goes through I can see it being the straw that breaks the camels back. Platinis head will explode at the thought of 4 english teams getting to the champions league semis and he will rush through some sort of legislation on it

Doesn't matter though surely. EU legislation trumps Uefa rules. Basically he's powerless unless he lobby Brussels I'd have thought.

Doesn't matter though surely. EU legislation trumps Uefa rules. Basically he's powerless unless he lobby Brussels I'd have thought.

There'd probably be reasonable support for the whole of France to strike until they did though. <_<

Alternatively they could use the other method which is telling the EU to :D until they get what they want, at which point the EU backs down.