So what's it like to attend the Tyne-Wear derby?

dbsweeney

Some day I'll get to attend an actual NUFC game! Till then ...

Anyway, what's it like to attend the derby? Is it all taking the piss out of each other but no rough stuff or does the shit really hit the fan?

I've heard that one of the favourite things to do is to piss on the terraces of the Stadium of Plight. Right?

I was just wondering, 'cause the the chances of attending one any time soon is close to nil.

Finally, I'd be happy with a draw ... but I think we might be able to pull one out of the hat!

Only been to one in mongsville and was at their old shit hole of a ground (2-1 win to us Liam O over the wall <_< ) and there was definitely rough stuff that day. What seemed to be about a third of the Fullwell end was our lot who obviously were unable to control themselves when we scored and the place errupted. There was a load of fighting in the clock stand too and after the game I did see a fair few covered in blood.

Obviously though there is nothing better than feeling of winning and you definitely get it more when you're there.

Only been to one in mongsville and was at their old shit hole of a ground (2-1 win to us Liam O over the wall <_< ) and there was definitely rough stuff that day. What seemed to be about a third of the Fullwell end was our lot who obviously were unable to control themselves when we scored and the place errupted. There was a load of fighting in the clock stand too and after the game I did see a fair few covered in blood.

Obviously though there is nothing better than feeling of winning and you definitely get it more when you're there.

The only one I went to down there was the 0-0 from the first season after we got relegated (89-90). Got the train from Newcastle which stopped at East Boldon because the one in front had broken down. Needless to say, despite the fact that over half our fans were on the trains, the mongs refused to delay the kick off.

At SJP I was at the following:

89-90

89-90 Playoff (only time I ever left a match early)

91-92 (Terry, Terry Butcher, Terry Butcher on the dole!)

92-93

96-97

It's a schizo experience - you're full of adrenalin but at the same time fear of defeat makes you nauseous. The extremes make it a different experience to all other football games and I'm not sure whether its worth it. In my lifetime we've definitely had the better of them but the fear of defeat still terrifies me and sometimes I wish we'd never have to play them again. However when we aren't in the same league, the absence of the fixtures is palpable.

They seem over-confident this time around - I think the first game at the SOS when they were flying under the heed and we were lower mid-table dross was a much better chance for them to beat us but they didn't (2-2) - I hope tomorrow is the same even though I don't think they're that good and I'd certainly take a draw.

Only been to one in mongsville and was at their old shit hole of a ground (2-1 win to us Liam O over the wall :D ) and there was definitely rough stuff that day. What seemed to be about a third of the Fullwell end was our lot who obviously were unable to control themselves when we scored and the place errupted. There was a load of fighting in the clock stand too and after the game I did see a fair few covered in blood.

<_< Jesus!!! the Fulwell end held 17 thousand people,do you seriously expect anyone to believe there was

almost 6 thousand Mags in there!! get real ;) I`ve heard of chinese whispers,but this is fucking stretching it!!

Only been to one in mongsville and was at their old shit hole of a ground (2-1 win to us Liam O over the wall :D ) and there was definitely rough stuff that day. What seemed to be about a third of the Fullwell end was our lot who obviously were unable to control themselves when we scored and the place errupted. There was a load of fighting in the clock stand too and after the game I did see a fair few covered in blood.

<_< Jesus!!! the Fullwell end held 17 thousand people,do you seriously expect anyone to believe there was

almost 6 thousand Mags in there!! get real ;) I`ve heard of chinese whispers,but this is fucking stretching it!!

17,000, when exactly in 1930!!!!

There were 28,098 people at Joker that day, are you honestly saying nearly two-thirds were in one stand (behind a goal).

You can't critisise DK for exaggerating then blatently exaggerate yourself.

I was on that train that broke down. The coppers on the train told us the kick off had been delayed...lying bastards. We must have missed half an hour of the game by the time we got there.

Aye you're right, they fucking did say that....

<_< Jesus!!! the Fulwell end held 17 thousand people,do you seriously expect anyone to believe there was

There were 28,098 people at Joker that day, are you honestly saying nearly two-thirds were in one stand (behind a goal).

The Fulwell held 17k ,even after alterations ( I forgot about them) it must of still had a capacity of 14\15k

as for exaggeration,there was maybe 200 Mags tops (more like 100) they chanted "United" a few times

shit their pants and legged it over the front barrier,into the clock stand,where all the old guys stood

you lot need to get your heads out your arse and take the blinkers off.

The Fulwell held 17k ,even after alterations ( I forgot about them) it must of still had a capacity of 14\15k

as for exaggeration,there was maybe 200 Mags tops (more like 100) they chanted "United" a few times

shit their pants and legged it over the front barrier,into the clock stand,where all the old guys stood

you lot need to get your heads out your arse and take the blinkers off.

Never said it was a third full, I said it seemed to be, which it did to me at the time. I'm more than happy to admit this wasn't an accurate perception but are you seriously trying to claim there was only a couple of hundred there? Because there was certainly more than that.

I've heard that one of the favourite things to do is to piss on the terraces of the Stadium of Plight. Right?

I have never seen any lagging... That kind of filthy behaviour belongs to the unwashed themselves.

However it's a tough call to dissapear to the bog in the middle of a half!!

The correct course of action is of course to piss in your pants!!

I have never seen any lagging... That kind of filthy behaviour belongs to the unwashed themselves.

However it's a tough call to dissapear to the bog in the middle of a half!!

The correct course of action is of course to piss in your pants!!

He`s probably heard about the ground staff hosing down the terrace after the match

put two an two together,obviously not realising,it`s just to rid the stadium of the stench you leave behind!!

If you`s must take your shoes off,please wash your feet before doing so.

:nufc: Jesus!!! the Fulwell end held 17 thousand people,do you seriously expect anyone to believe there was

almost 6 thousand Mags in there!! get real <_< I`ve heard of chinese whispers,but this is fucking stretching it!!

hey you tit i have been to roker park when i was a kid it was 50/50 in the fulwell end

:nufc: Jesus!!! the Fulwell end held 17 thousand people,do you seriously expect anyone to believe there was

almost 6 thousand Mags in there!! get real <_< I`ve heard of chinese whispers,but this is fucking stretching it!!

hey you tit i have been to roker park when i was a kid it was 50/50 in the fulwell end

i am flintoffs dad by the way and when i went we always went in the fulwell soft as shit end