Newcastle United vs Sunderland

Tom

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After what went on with the Ireland set up I couldn't believe Quinn went sniffing keanes arse, the only reasonable explanation is it was the consortium told him he had to.

What does that make Quinn?

You have a very active imagination!! do you read a lot of Si Fi too?

After what went on with the Ireland set up I couldn't believe Quinn went sniffing keanes arse, the only reasonable explanation is it was the consortium told him he had to.

No, but I like martial arts films.

No, but I like martial arts films.

<_< Say no more!!

I love a good work email string before the derby....

Names removed ...

Wasn’t that before the Boer war?

Nah, I don’t really, only personal/regional pride at stake, I’d much rather win the league cup….wouldn’t you? ;o)

Off the top of my head I can’t remember but what I can remember is that the record away victory in the top flight is held by Sunderland….any guesses who it is against?

Won nothing yes. Unless you count the derby as winning something, which I assume you do.

Remind me again when you last won that…

So basically what you’re trying to say is you’ve won nowt? ;o)

In the last 20 years? Finished 2nd in the Premiership twice, 3rd once, 4th once and 5th once…

And we won the Intertoto Cup! (ha)

Christ, you’re all stuck in the past…….remind me what success you’ve had in the last 20 years?

p.s. we have played in Europe…….once!

Definitely due a win…

But you’ve been due a European night for your entire lives. Shame.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Living in the past I see?

Surely even you can see we’re due a win!!!

Magpies @ dark place since losing:

2007/08 drew 1-1 Milner

2005/06 won 4-1 Chopra, Shearer(pen), N'Zogbia, Luque

2002/03 won 1-0 Solano

2001/02 won 1-0 Dabizas

2000/01 drew 1-1 A.O'Brien

1999/00 drew 2-2 Domi, Helder

1996/97 won 2-1 Beardsley, Ferdinand

1992/93 won 2-1 og(Owers), L.O'Brien

1991/92 drew 1-1 L.O'Brien

1989/90 drew 0-0 (playoffs)

1989/90 drew 0-0

1984/85 drew 0-0

1979/80 lost 0-1

We've scored ten goals in six visits to the stadium of plight and never failed to hit the target at that venue.

Seven of those ten goals (and the last five) have been scored in front of the travelling fans at the away end.

PS: while the "not lost since April 1980" fact is now a well-used line, Newcastle's unbeaten run of games at Roker before that defeat is less well-known:

1979/80 drew 2-2 Davies, Cartwright (LC)

1978/79 drew 1-1 Withe

1976/77 drew 2-2 Cannell, T.Craig

1969/70 drew 1-1 Smith

1968/69 drew 1-1 B.Robson

1967/68 drew 3-3 Burton 2, McNamee

And with that 1980 game being in Division Two, you have to go back to March 1967 to find the last top-flight defeat suffered on wearside by a Newcastle side - a 0-3 reverse.

this games is newcastles season we still have the league cup, we will go easy on them just the one or two goals

-----Original Message-----

Ah the ‘Big Derby’ what is it you’ll be scrapping over this time lads? 12th or 13th place??

Best of luck.

-----Original Message-----

Yap yap yap

If that happens one of the subs will be taking my place on Monday cos I won’t be showing my face for a good few weeks…thankfully, a Chopra hatrick is much more likely!

Shola hat-trick. Ne problem

After you get stuffed 3-0 you mean?

I intend to enjoy my weekend; I shall be smiling inanely come Saturday afternoon! <_<)

Importance: High

Gentlemen,

Once again you are far too kind and have astounded me with your interest for the Monday game…

:D

I'm not one of the bald men arguing over a comb here by the way.

Sunderland failed to score past Fulham, also interesting...

Basically, Teed's arsehole is like a camera shutter lense for Tomorrow and if we win it will be the last time he logs in on this forum - factamondo

I`ll be here dont you worry about that Wacky,my Bots in fine fettle .. <_<

on the other hand,your balloon knot must be like the grand canyon what with all the Bricks yi shitting!!!... :D

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Given-...than.4627174.jp

Given: Sunderland are stronger than Newcastle

But after more than a decade in which Given's Newcastle have had the upper hand, the United goalkeeper says Sunderland now have the greater resources. And that going into tomorrow's game against Sunderland, Newcastle will for once be the underdogs.

"It's going to be a tough game," he said. "They have signed a lot of players over the summer and they probably have a stronger squad than us at the minute but it's going to be close.

"They always are.

"They will probably be favourites, which makes a change. I don't think that has been the case before when I've been here, so that is going to make a different sort of game for them and us.

"They haven't beaten us there since 1980 and they will be desperate to do so this year. But we don't want to be the team that is the first to lose at the Stadium of Light."

Given has sometimes been all that has stood between Newcastle losing at the Sunderland ground or escaping with a point or three.

For most of the past decade he has been one of the finest and occcasionally the finest keeper in the Premiership. But for all that, the only silverware the genial Irishman has, is the Championsip winners medal he collected for an outstanding loan spell at Peter Reid's Sunderland in the 1995-96 season.

He reflected: "It was a learning time for me. It was important for me to get out there at the time and learn my trade."

Will be interesting to hear Stevies take on this seeing he is a big fan of Given.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Given-...than.4627174.jp

Given: Sunderland are stronger than Newcastle

But after more than a decade in which Given's Newcastle have had the upper hand, the United goalkeeper says Sunderland now have the greater resources. And that going into tomorrow's game against Sunderland, Newcastle will for once be the underdogs.

"It's going to be a tough game," he said. "They have signed a lot of players over the summer and they probably have a stronger squad than us at the minute but it's going to be close.

"They always are.

"They will probably be favourites, which makes a change. I don't think that has been the case before when I've been here, so that is going to make a different sort of game for them and us.

"They haven't beaten us there since 1980 and they will be desperate to do so this year. But we don't want to be the team that is the first to lose at the Stadium of Light."

Given has sometimes been all that has stood between Newcastle losing at the Sunderland ground or escaping with a point or three.

For most of the past decade he has been one of the finest and occcasionally the finest keeper in the Premiership. But for all that, the only silverware the genial Irishman has, is the Championsip winners medal he collected for an outstanding loan spell at Peter Reid's Sunderland in the 1995-96 season.

He reflected: "It was a learning time for me. It was important for me to get out there at the time and learn my trade."

Will be interesting to hear Stevies take on this seeing he is a big fan of Given.

Stronger squad, meaning they have more players, but the quality is a different matter all together. As the song goes, "you've got Steeeeeeve Cram, celebrity fan, you've got Steeeeeeve Cram, celebrity fan, you've got Steeeeeeve Cram, celebrity fan SUNDERLAND ARE A MASSIVE CLUB...you've got 48 players that nobody knows, you've got 48 players that nobody knows, you've got 48 players that nobody knows, SUNDERLAND ARE A MASSIVE CLUB - FUCK OFF

Nice twist Stevie, Im not so sure thats what he meant. I am not sure why having a smaller squad would make you underdogs.

Arsenal have a fairly small playing squad but they are not underdogs most of the time.

Nice twist Stevie, Im not so sure thats what he meant. I am not sure why having a smaller squad would make you underdogs.

Arsenal have a fairly small playing squad but they are not underdogs most of the time.

Keep up the good work defending Spurs there Danster.

Shocking the way people on here force you to respond in defence of your club.

Keep up the good work defending Spurs there Danster.

Shocking the way people on here force you to respond in defence of your club.

Stevie just seemed to misinterpret what Shay was trying to get across

Edited by Danny B