Newcastle United vs Sunderland

Tom

We just haven't been at the races today. Outplayed by the tramps.

Missing too many key players, simple as that

Well that's part of it but from the first whistle they looked like they were up for it more than we were.

Being up for it counts for fuck all if you're shit

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missing a midfield that can pass the ball.

Guthrie and Butt may as well not have been there when we had the ball for most of the game. All of our attack was either over the top of them or down the wings. They didn't offer themselves up as passing options.

Bassong was a little worrying as well, lots of fouls that he got away with. He doesn't offer much going forward. Shola played well in patches, but played horribly in others. He really can't take a shot. He can head the ball ok though, and he will always trouble defense with his height, power and those long tricky legs (tricky even for him tbh). Martins short passing was very good in the second half, a couple of times where he passed it and I wished that he could have been passing it to himself rather than Shola. Would have been good if Barton could have found someone when he got in behind their defense at the end there, but not to be. Shame to say it, but on balance they were the better team.

When it counts pele just isn't good enough.

----------Owen----Ranger

Guti------Zog------Joey------Duff

Bassong-Colo-----Taylor---Baye

---------------Given

vs. west brom.

Looks like we seriously need a new striker come jan.

martins = not good enough

Viduka...!

Carroll = championship player

Shola = as above

Smith :nufc:

Xisco = Poor man's shola

Would like to see dutty custard given a shout.

Shocking shower of shite. Embarassment doesn't even come into it.

No faulting Kinnear though, he made all the right changes but we just never had it today.

Shola missing a much easier chance than the one he scored

Martins' terrible first touch on several opportunities

Duff's equally bad first touch after being sent through at the end

Cisse running through three defenders before Butt finally had to do him

Geremi surrendering possession left and right

Disaster :nufc:

Well that's part of it but from the first whistle they looked like they were up for it more than we were.

That wasn't a shit team we had out, look at how being up for it has helped us in the second half of recent games.

Also agree that Taylor was at fault for the goal. Floating in the middle of nowhere in the box with an unmarked striker lurking behind him just is not good enough. Bassong no doubt would have been over there trying to rip Cisse's arm out of his socket if he was playing in central defense. Let's hope JFK makes Taylor sit through a 3 hour DVD of that on loop. As a special feature they could include the obvious handball where Taylor tried to claim that the ball hit him in the chest/abdomen. :nufc:

...and Nicky Butt should not have made that foul. Cisse was breaking into the box, but there was still a defender between him and Given (Taylor). Was a well struck free kick from Richardson, nothing that Shay could do. <_<

Edited by OzToonFan

Xisco = Poor man's shola

Does not compute.

To be fair, someone I know spoke to Kinnear this week and Xisco "couldn't hit a barn door".

Terrible player. Next Luque, except Luque was at least good in Spain. Thanks Wise & friends.

That wasn't a shit team we had out, look at how being up for it has helped us in the second half of recent games.

Eventually being up for it isn't enough

Ameobi, Martins, Duff, Geremi, Butt, Taylor - just not good enough

Eventually being up for it isn't enough

Ameobi, Martins, Duff, Geremi, Butt, Taylor - just not good enough

and guthrie. if you didn't see starting 11 you wouldn't have thought he was playing today

Same old problem with Geremi too. Half a dozen shite set-pieces, then one cracker. His legs are gone too, and he can be a liability out there. Possibly the reason Beye looked so bad going forward too.

and guthrie. if you didn't see starting 11 you wouldn't have thought he was playing today

True. After he picked up the yellow he might as well have gone off the field. Thought that Kinnear should have brought Barton on earlier.

Also think Enrique is unlucky not to be in the starting 11. Can see why he played Bassong over him (for the physicality), but the French-man lacks finesse and is rubbish getting forward.

Now, to wipe this one from the memory banks.

Same old problem with Geremi too. Half a dozen shite set-pieces, then one cracker. His legs are gone too, and he can be a liability out there. Possibly the reason Beye looked so bad going forward too.

If you look at the number of assists Geremi gets we can't afford to not have him out there really. Agree with what you're saying about the legs being gone though.

Martins is fine, love way people say he's not good enough..

how many has he scored in his couple of seasons here again? when the teams been useless and in disarray

his ratios not bad, and his best ability is being able to run onto through balls etc

which we can't make use of because our midfield is shocking...

Sorry he's got shola playing beside him and a midfield punting long balls and poor passes

we were punting long balls up like Wimbeldon...into the wind and thinking it was a good idea

Geremi was hitting shots from fk's 40yards out at one stage, like i said 2% is one great cross per game, 98% useless

Gutherie got himself booked after 5mins so had to watch himself for the other 85...

Bassong watched malbranque cut inside and hit that shot.

Beye... just had a shocker

zog barton and jonas should've been on after it started going down hill

martins is shit. as i have said before cisse is the much better player and i remember i was ridiculed at the time

Beye's not fit man. Him and Geremi have a good understanding down the right flank.

Missing a midfield that can pass the ball. Guthrie and Butt may as well not have been there when we had the ball for most of the game. All of our attack was either over the top of them or down the wings. They didn't offer themselves up as passing options.

Bassong was a little worrying as well, lots of fouls that he got away with. He doesn't offer much going forward. Shola played well in patches, but played horribly in others. He really can't take a shot. He can head the ball ok though, and he will always trouble defense with his height, power and those long tricky legs (tricky even for him tbh). Martins short passing was very good in the second half, a couple of times where he passed it and I wished that he could have been passing it to himself rather than Shola. Would have been good if Barton could have found someone when he got in behind their defense at the end there, but not to be. Shame to say it, but on balance they were the better team.

I've been saying this for about 3 years now.

martins is shit. as i have said before cisse is the much better player and i remember i was ridiculed at the time

that's because your wrong, he's a good player we just don't use him properly and our teams just crap..

but i don't disagree cisse is good, he is, always liked him and said he was immensely unlucky with the injuries.

you have obviously never seen martins play live in the flesh

Yeah, because on TV they edit it to make Martins look better than he actually is.

Yeah, because on TV they edit it to make Martins look better than he actually is.

no because you see more when you are actually at the match and are therefore able to judge him better

that's because your wrong, he's a good player we just don't use him properly and our teams just crap..

but i don't disagree cisse is good, he is, always liked him and said he was immensely unlucky with the injuries.

How do you suggest we use him? He has pace and a powerful shot while lacking a touch or a football brain. It's unfortunate but it's something he's not going to develop.

How do you suggest we use him? He has pace and a powerful shot while lacking a touch or a football brain. It's unfortunate but it's something he's not going to develop.

Not playing the long ball game would help him mind.