Kinnear's hesitant subs cost us the game.

Park Life

Fact.

Butt and Geremi looked dead on their feet at around 60min and they had started to dominate. I would have got Guti and Barton on a lot earlier, they made a clear differance when they came on especially Guti.

Zog for Bassong when 2-1 might have also been an idea, we had nothing to lose.

:nufc:<_<

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, as said it was straight from the 2004 Bobby Robson school of Substitution :nufc:

Really irritating we left Butt on so long as he was clearly struggling for ages.

especially irritating seeing as his foul cost us the game =/

He does that a lot on the edge of the box it's his homage to Parker. <_<

Kinnear looked tactically out of touch today and was outthought easily and at every turn by Keane.

Roll on new owners.

Aye, as said it was straight from the 2004 Bobby Robson school of Substitution :nufc:

Really irritating we left Butt on so long as he was clearly struggling for ages.

especially irritating seeing as his foul cost us the game =/

even more irritating was geremi fucking up for the 2nd goal on the near byline. he should be nowhere near the team on tuesday now with the players we have back, i dont care if he got the assist.

Kinnear looked tactically out of touch today and was outthought easily and at every turn by Keane.

I dunno about that, he could've made his changes a bit earlier but apart from that I think he did the best he could given what he had to work with.

Butt and/or Guthrie should have been off earlier for mine. Can understand that he was hesitant as Butt was carrying some sort of knock and Guthrie the yellow card, but as a manager you can't afford to hesitate. Gutierrez for Geremi was also obvious. Once he put in the free-kick for the goal he should have been punted, as that was clearly his one good ball that he manages each game.

I'd say the frequent long-ball game again cost us even more.

Kept expecting to see Allardyce on the bench rather than Kinnear.

:nufc:

I'd say the frequent long-ball game again cost us even more.

Goes without saying. Totally.

The thing about Kinnear is that upto a point he can get a performace from the side regardless of which numpties start, but for me he is missing too many of the little things. As you say, as soon as Guti came on it was a transformation...the MF and the forwards started to link, for too long we were just giving the ball away with casual hoofs and silly chipped balls to nowhere.

I'm annoyed cause at 1-1 we didn't need to lose this game today.

Fact.

Butt and Geremi looked dead on their feet at around 60min and they had started to dominate. I would have got Guti and Barton on a lot earlier, they made a clear differance when they came on especially Guti.

Zog for Bassong when 2-1 might have also been an idea, we had nothing to lose.

:nufc:<_<

Nail/Head. Right substitutions wrong time. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

Completely agree, i was thinkin the exact same subs after an hour. Geremi was awful Butt good til the knock. We didn't fight enough today they deserved the win. jonas looked good but too little too late. barton did look decent when he came on but hes going to have to keep a cool head he will be booed every touch every game for a long time i think. Today showed up Joe's weaknesses as a manager, hopefully this will stop all that talk of him as permanent manager.

Kinnear has normally been very good with subs like.

Carroll. :nufc:

Bassong and Shola cost us the game. Both were totally and utterly shit

No mention of Titus Taylor I see.

Who, cisse? Cos from where i was sitting Jones and Diouf did fuck all

Aye Cisse. And their midfield in their efforts to get forward pissed on ours.

It's kinda what I'm saying...Our better midfield was left on the bench too long.

Who, cisse? Cos from where i was sitting Jones and Diouf did fuck all

Aye Cisse. And their midfield in their efforts to get forward pissed on ours.

Aye, it's a complicated game this football lark :nufc: