Kinnear's hesitant subs cost us the game.

Park Life

They wanted it more, and they had better players up front. That's what cost us the game.

Aye. Our tactic was to launch it to Shola to hold it up and link Martins into the game through him.

Its a shame Shola is fucking gash and Martins has the touch of a rapist.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wanted it more, and they had better players up front. That's what cost us the game.

Aye. Our tactic was to launch it to Shola to hold it up and link Martins into the game through him.

Its a shame Shola is fucking gash and Martins has the touch of a rapist.

Pump Owen and Viduka full of drugs and get them out there :nufc:

Kinnear was tactically inept today...in the big games it calls for big BOLD tactical substitutions.

On 60 mins sunderland started turning the screw and a few of our boys were looking leggy.

I thought it was obvious to bring Jonas on for geremi, N'Zogbia for duff and Barton should of been brought on in the 1st half when but was first got the knock. Giving him an injection is NOT the answer and could of only made matters worse.

I am getting increasingly frustrated with butts clumbsiness around the box...just how many goals conceded has he been at fault for this season? Im guessing 3 or 4?

Overall a really frustrating day at the office...

Chin up lads...onwards and upwards

We had a strong bench today, Spiderman, Barton, Zogs we could and should have used that with significant effects Kinnear wasn't sharp enough. Shame we had Butt and Geremi playing.

to be honest, I would of started with all 3 of those and taken the game to the fuckers

We lost because Butt/Guthrie is the worst central midfield partnership in the league. Fucking useless the pair of them.

Zog is better than Duff as well.

Oh, and Steven 'We won't be the team that loses to Sunderland' Taylor. Keep ya trap shut in future son.

If I don't get sacked at work on Monday it'll be a fucking miracle.

Barton was being readied to come on but was held back after the incident with the fans he was sat back down only to be used just incase.

Just incase came too late on. Sunderland fans did the number on NUFC today and JK let it happen.

Barton was being readied to come on but was held back after the incident with the fans he was sat back down only to be used just incase.

Just incase came too late on. Sunderland fans did the number on NUFC today and JK let it happen.

Bizarrely, you're spot on there. Seems Kinnear didn't have the plums to put Barton on earlier.

Bizarrely, you're spot on there. Seems Kinnear didn't have the plums to put Barton on earlier.

I couldnt believe it took him so long to get him on Luke. When he did it made the difference too.

I cant recall a game where supporters managed to win a game for their club like that and it is to their credit.

You get caught, get a lifetime ban, leave it twelve months and you are in unchallenged.

Barton's corner was one of the best I have seen from a Newcastle player in ages.

I'm too used to seeing Geremi hit the first man :nufc:

Why does that useless tosser still take them? In the Man U game (seems like a lifetime ago now), Guthrie put the first corner on Martins' head, who gave us the lead, and I thought at last, they've finally relieved that spastic of his duties. But still he takes them! WHY?!

To be fair to Kinnear in his brief time he's used subs better than pretty much any toon manager before him. He brought Jonas on at 1-1 with all to play for, sadly they scored the freekick before he could touch the ball!

I'd have given him half an hour myself and had Butt off earlier with Barton coming on, but if they'd missed that freekick i doubt his subs would have ended up looking that bad.

Jonas was fucked and was quite rightly subbed. If Kinnear doesn't have a replacement, you're a bell for blaming him

I had no problem with this change at all, like you say he was knackered, and the difference was clear between the first half when he was by a country mile better than every other player on the pitch and into the 2nd half whe he tired. And since we'd lost control of the game i'm guessing Kinnear thought bring on and old head in Geremi to try and retain some possession.

I would have brought Zog on myself at some point, but Jonas needed to come off.

Zog would have been a better option, we are better at defending when we were going forward, like in the first half. Totally lost our way defending too deep with players that were clearly not up to the job. Jeremiah is good statistically, assists etc but he is like a fecking cart-horse slow. Jonas ran himself ragged in the first half and he needed to be replaced but the structure collapsed in the second half.

Jonas was fucked and was quite rightly subbed. If Kinnear doesn't have a replacement, you're a bell for blaming him

I'd agree if there was a player on the pitch with his movement, pace or energy. But even if he was fucked, he had more dynamism than the others.

If you're taking Jonas off, at least replace him with pace, not Geremi...

and you're a bell.... :icon_lol:

• 3 weeks later...
It's like groundhog day. :lol:

Kinnear was probably the only person in the ground who couldn't see the subs were needed earlier. I think he could have been more positive when Barton went off too, by putting N'Zogbia or Owen on instead pf Guthrie. Especially seeing as it was already 1-0.