Kinnear's hesitant subs cost us the game.

Park Life

Initially it looked like Kinnear actually understood subs, but rapidly he's turned into the archetypical toon manager, ie. a complete fuckwitt where subs are concerned! I don't know if theres a been a single manager in the time ive supported the club who has had a fucking clue about subs.

That first half was as shite as ive seen in ages, it took 32 mins to get our first shot off target never mind on! To not make changes at halftime was brainless. Especially when sitting on the bench were one of the best goalscorers in the business and a winger with pace, i mean what chance would they have of changing a game!

You'd think managers would want to learn from the best, and the top managers like Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger etc always make changes when needed. If their team is playing shite, they see it, admit its not going right and rip it up. Whether it be halftime or even before then they'll do it, to change the performance and also probably send a message to the players that wasn't good enough.

But toon managers prefer to sit on their arse, watch a shocking performance and think by changing nothing it'll somehow sort itself out!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in a strange way the sending off was counter-productive because I think he thought he'd wait and see. That shows what a fuckwit he is though because we had four marking one at the back. And even when N'Zogbia came on he came on at LB.

I think in a strange way the sending off was counter-productive because I think he thought he'd wait and see. That shows what a fuckwit he is though because we had four marking one at the back. And even when N'Zogbia came on he came on at LB.

Yup we should have gone 343.

"Michael Owen is the best player at the football club. I have to make these decisions. Which ever decisions I make are never right. I'd like to talk to him but I am on the outside, not the inside."

"I took off Spiderman and you will have a field day with that. It is a difficult job making decisions isn't it. Whatever decision I make you'll go against it."

"Michael Owen is the best player at the football club. I have to make these decisions. Which ever decisions I make are never right. I'd like to talk to him but I am on the outside, not the inside."

"I took off Spiderman and you will have a field day with that. It is a difficult job making decisions isn't it. Whatever decision I make you'll go against it."

Jesus wept

Jesus wept

Jesus Wept!

He does have a point though. People need to get off his back and let him work. If every single decision you make is called into question you have no chance.

I don't disagree.

At Fulham he tried to force a change within 5 minutes of going behind, hardly hesitant.

On Saturday we were behind, until 10 minutes after his change when we drew level, and within 20 minutes of his changes we were ahead. Bobby Robson would have been heaped with praise for that kind of impact.

He does have a point though. People need to get off his back and let him work. If every single decision you make is called into question you have no chance.

I don't disagree.

At Fulham he tried to force a change within 5 minutes of going behind, hardly hesitant.

On Saturday we were behind, until 10 minutes after his change when we drew level, and within 20 minutes of his changes we were ahead. Bobby Robson would have been heaped with praise for that kind of impact.

Hardly, it was crying out for a change well before the subs were made and Kinnear had one player at least (two imo) on the bench who should have been starting anyway.

I agree.

There's nothing going to change, unless we're sold, so we're going to have to live with it anyway.

I don't disagree.

Hardly, it was crying out for a change well before the subs were made and Kinnear had one player at least (two imo) on the bench who should have been starting anyway.

I was exasperrated with how long he took to make the changes too, but I think it's unfair to have a go at changes that did have an impact on getting us ahead in the end.

He could have started with Owen and Zoggy, but then the impact his changes could have would be limited to bringing Ameobi and Enrique off the bench. They're never game changers.

And that's not to say Ameobi should start ahead of a fit Owen either, just that I reckon his subs weren't bad on Saturday, delayed though they might have been.

I don't disagree.

I was exasperrated with how long he took to make the changes too, but I think it's unfair to have a go at changes that did have an impact on getting us ahead in the end.

He could have started with Owen and Zoggy, but then the impact his changes could have would be limited to bringing Ameobi and Enrique off the bench. They're never game changers.

And that's not to say Ameobi should start ahead of a fit Owen either, just that I reckon his subs weren't bad on Saturday, delayed though they might have been.

I think the impact they had, arguably, shows he delayed too long. And, as I've already said. It was ridiculous to leave 4 at the back marking one. Especially when, despite them having a man sent off, the switch to a 4-3-3 meant we were actually a player short in midfield effectively.

• 1 month later...

Wow this Danny B knows his onions. He seems to be spot on about everything.

Wow this Danny B knows his onions. He seems to be spot on about everything.

Praising youself on an internet message board from another account. It doesn't get much lower than that folks.