Piers Morgan's turn now

peasepud

Not many things make me physically gag with revulsion on my morning muesli. Reading that Cherie Blair had created her own recipe for brussel sprout soup was one; the video footage of Kerry Katona's breast reduction operation was another; as is any public utterance by that political cretin, Sarah Palin.

(Cretin, incidentally, is French for someone of 'severely stunted physical and mental growth' and is therefore an accurate word to deploy, since Ms Palin is apparently absolutely minuscule in the flesh - with a brain to match).

But the revelation that Joey Barton wants to become a 'role model' for the nation's youth had me reeling away from the breakfast table faster than Guy Ritchie must have done when Madonna came at him, mad-eyed and arms bulging, after another hard day's Kaballah-chanting and bench-pressing.

Is this his idea of some sick, pathetic joke? Barton is, without question, the most unpleasant, loathsome and inherently violent thug to have graced the Premier League in its history.

He stubs lighted cigars into the eyes of youth players, assaults 15-year-old Everton fans, attacks team-mates in hideous training-ground punch-ups (watched by young children), and beats complete strangers senseless in drunken street rages.

And all this, apparently, makes Barton now think he is perfectly qualified to 'be the role model I've never been'.

In a further ludicrous observation, he says: 'There's going to be young kids who look at the likes of Michael Owen and David Beckham, who are unbelievable professionals, squeaky clean, and they can't relate to them. But hopefully I can reach them people.'

Reach them? The only thing Joey Barton does when he 'reaches' young people is smack them in the head with his fists. 'I'm in the last-chance saloon,' he says, 'and I'm just thankful to have that chance.'

But why the hell is he getting that chance? Barton's never going to change. Ever since he could walk he's been punching and kicking anyone who got in his way.

And it's not like he can hide behind the usual footballer's excuse of stupidity - he got 10 GCSEs.

No, it's because he's just a thug. And his reward for this disgusting litany of violence is that he still gets to play in the world's greatest football league. Shame on Newcastle for not sacking him.

Shame on the Football Association for not banning him. And shame on any football fan in Britain who doesn't make their feelings quite clear about Barton next time he plays at their ground.

The mere sight of this repulsive little yob, like Cherie's brussel sprout soup, makes me puke.

From the Mail

Nice one Piers Im sure that the way the scum responded to Barton yesterday must have given you a really warm glow. You are the epitomy of rancid journalistic ,Im sure you're really proud.

Oh and from now on theres a new rule on here (voluntary of course). If a story is shite then lets quote it word for word but dont provide a link, lets not give thes twats the added hits they desire. :nufc:

And since when has a rule been brought in that it is now an offence to kiss the badge? Papers on the BBC gossip section saying both Barton and Rooney are going to be charged! So will Everton's goalscorer yesterday be up for a charge too?

Edited by East Stander

And since when has a rule been brought in that it is now an offence to kiss the badge? Papers on the BBC gossip section saying both Barton and Rooney are going to be charged! So will Everton's goalscorer yesterday be up for a charge too?

If thats the case then this sport has officially gone to shit

so i guess Fwank Lampard will not be kissing the badge again then, or will it not count because HES A FUCKING COCKNEY

the press fuck me right off, every one of them!! can you remember the shite they gave Cantona when he came back? he got it for a couple of weeks and then nothing

SUrprised he didnt drop in that he received a call from Simon Cowell, whilst sat next to P Diddy half way through a text to Margaret Thatcher. This blokes column in the mail magazine contains no news other than 'the famous people I met this week'

So by Morgan's criteria quite a lot of footballers should have been or should be permanently banned from our moral and righteous league.

Roy Keane,Eric Cantona,Wayne Rooney,Jamie Carragher,Ben Thatcher have all committed offences similar to that of Barton's - I'm not going to go out and out to defend Barton but a couple of months in prison, community service and the fact he will be on the end of boos,coins and lighters in every ground in the country will do me.

He hasn't had a drink for ten months - I wonder if Tony Adams or Paul Merson could ever say that.

I cannot stand this man he seems to be everywhere at the minute the dispicible little cunt, he published fake pictures of our soldiers so he could say they were abusing people that puts the man lower in my estimations than Barton. The people trying to get at Barton and throw things at him did they not relise how hypocritical it'd have been if they did attack him? and I agree with the point before about that woeful week of his life shite in the back of that supplement what a waste of time although it is funny reading about how many celebrities also hate him.

Although we've heard it all before, it's not like he has said anything out of line or biased. Whenever the topic of Joey Barton comes up, I seem to be in the minority in that I don't care what he does in his own time, as long as he delivers on the pitch, and I understand why people would dislike him. This is a waste of column inches, but there's no reason to complain.