Toon Vs West Brom

Venom

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't afford anything other than a win this game. We've already lost at home to one promoted team and we can't do that again. We have the same record as Deby from last season which I think puts a perspective on everything.

I think we will win too, despite losing to the unwashed I think we have shown some good things in recent weeks and Jonas and Barton (if he continues to look as sharp as he did on Saturday) should add some more attacking impetus.

Im looking for nothin less than a thrashing here.

A wins a win but we need to give some kind of indication of the difference between us and the likes of WBA.

4 nowt for me (anything less and I'll be disappointed).

I think we can afford to lose this and several other games this season.

I mean we lost seventeen last year and stopped up, so a sixth loss wouldn't be the end of the world.

It really is a nice to win game for me.

I really don't think we can afford to lose it. I'm not saying a loss would mean we were definitely down but given our current position, our terrible run of form and the opposition it's as close to a 'must win' as you can have quarter of the way through the season. We simply have to start winning at SJP, especially against teams like WBA.

I mean we lost seventeen last year and stopped up, so a sixth loss wouldn't be the end of the world.

This HAS to be a win game to lose this one will demoralise the players. To lose games on the trot like we are is like running in sand hard as fuck to get anywhere. A win is a step in the right direction to lose is another step towards the championship

This HAS to be a win game to lose this one will demoralise the players. To lose games on the trot like we are is like running in sand hard as fuck to get anywhere. A win is a step in the right direction to lose is another step towards the championship

I think Alex's response was a bit more level headed.

To call it MUST WIN suggests we should all just give up if we happen to get a draw.

To call it MUST WIN suggests we should all just give up if we happen to get a draw.

If we cant win this game, then what games DO we have a realistic chance of winning. Thats what makes this a must win

If we cant win this game, then what games DO we have a realistic chance of winning. Thats what makes this a must win

Exactly. Shit your getting me worried now.

It doesn't work like that though does it. Hull beat Arsenal, but that doesn't guarantee they'll beat everyone outside the top 4.

I think people are dwelling a bit much on defeat off the mackems (which is always a coin toss). Drawing against Everton and Man City before that weren't bad results (both of whom weren't too shoddy over the weekend) and I'm very confident of getting something here, but I won't be throwing a wobbly if we don't.

Edited by Happy Face