Toon Vs West Brom

Venom

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bag load of :icon_lol: in the second half...

worrying when it's against the likes of WBA. When Ameobi is one of your best players, it's a major concern!

It was a rather indifferent performance from the boys thnight...

At times going forward we looked very dangerous, especially when the likes of Duff and Jonas ran witht he ball. Then at other times we looked out of idea's, martins was hot and cold, so to was shola, xisco was well...Shit!

Defence was a funny thing, colo and taylor looked solid at times and again at others they were woeful, colo's mistake for the goal was rather bramblesque...

All in all it was a game very much of two halfs...the good and the bad, but still some glimmers of positivity of whats to come.

Oh and well done Joey Barton...MOM and i think rightly so, though duff and jonas would of come close!

Given: 7 Not alot to do

Enrique: 6 Shaky at times but still not match fit (Id have bassong ahead of him imo)

Beye: 7 Glimpses of the Habib from last season...solid

Taylor: 6 Indifferent

Colocinni: 6 Solid on the whole but few nervy moments, at fault for the goal

Duff: 8 Consistantly beat his man, real force going forward

Jonas: 8 Full of energy and assertiveness

Guthrie: 7 Worked hard

Barton: 8 Silenced a few critics, was diciplined and worked hard, made a few excellant passes and a good penalty!

Martins: 7 Indifferent, not match fit, frustrating but got his goal

Ameobi: 7 Worked hard, won so many headers and very good general play

Geremi: Slow and wasteful

Xisco: Shit and shit

Carrol:.....

1st win in two months, and promising at times!

:icon_lol:

I think if Guthrie and Barton play a fair amount of games together, with jonas and duff/zog flying either side of them, it could be quite a useful midfield until jan comes along. Barton is obviously short of match practice but given all of his criminal activity he's not a bad player. We've needed someone to get their foot on the ball and pass it about with composure, I think Guthrie and him could have a nice balance in the middle of the park and with a few players around them running into the right positions and retaining possession better it will work nicely. what a monster of a fucking sentence oops =/

I thought they played us off the park 2nd half, couldn't believe it when he took Martins off for Xisco, not sure there is enough room for Shola and Xisco together.

We arent going to be Brazil all of a sudden. Great 1st half, not so great 2nd half. Duff looked class and Jonas will only get better. We are slowly dragging ourselves out of this mess

a massive 3 points, but we could be straight back in the brown stuff this time tomorrow night.

martins really is shit and i really don't know why the fans love him. when owens back martins should be the one getting dropped and not ameobi.

duff, jonas and beye played really well and barton and ameobi were decent. guthrie wasn't in the game once again.

Result was more important than the performance tonight. We looked good in the first half but very, very dodgy in the second, something which I can only attribute to lack of confidence. Hopefully tonight will act as the catalyst like Fulham at home did last year and we'll improve. Villa at home isn't the easiest of games next though.

Special mentions go to Beye (looked like his old self barring the miss), Duff (looked like his Blackburn/Chelsea self) and Jonas (only player we have who looks like he might create something). I was also very impressed with Colo until that slip which led to the goal. Barton looked okay too.

Taylor and Ameobi were pish poor. Martins wasn't too good either despite his goal. I really hope Owen is back for the Villa game.

lol fucking hell talk about the most fickle fans

Now ameobi should be starting ahead of martins

some people really have there moments on here

but good god he scores a couple for first time in 2years and wins a couple of headers, apart from that was the same old shola

and now he starts ahead of the lad whose half fit still scores and did 10x more running... madness

dumb irish twat. martins is shit and it's obvious you have never seen him play. martins and owen can't play in the same team unless we play 433. ameobi has also been the better player out of the two lately and doesn't deserve to be dropped

but good god he scores a couple for first time in 2years and wins a couple of headers, apart from that was the same old shola

and now he starts ahead of the lad whose half fit still scores and did 10x more running... madness

I really hope you're not talking about my post.

dumb irish twat. martins is shit and it's obvious you have never seen him play. martins and owen can't play in the same team unless we play 433. ameobi has also been the better player out of the two lately and doesn't deserve to be dropped

Sorry but Ameobi was woeful today. Martins always looked much more dangerous and despite his lack of a first touch/height/ability to finish i'd have him ahead of Stroller.

A few goals doesn't mask the fact that the lad isn't a footballer. Athlete? Maybe. Footballer? No.

Oh, and i'll apologise to Ant for misreading his post.

and martins did what he was supposed to... someone put a good cross in he put it in the net

the less balls that get played to his feet with back to goal and 25yards away the better, let alone knock downs

They are both absolute clowns who can't even play a 5 yard ball to a teammate - Martin's only plus is the odd spectacular goal (though a distant memory). They both should be dumped but unfortunately Xisco is fucking shit as is Carrol which as I said leaves Viduka and Owens as the only decent strikers we have. Pisser is 40 games between the two of them would be a miracle.