Toon Vs West Brom

Venom

"viduka decent striker" in the same sentence... did i just go back 3years in time?

jesus wept

either way he's done and dusted and tbh was halfway there when we signed him, wont be kicking a ball for the foreseeable future so not point mentioning him

He scored 7 last season in 26 games, whilst making a few goals.

Pretty ''decent'' to me.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also add that Martins was up to his usual trick of coming back to "help" the team and trying to dribble his way out of his own half which nearly always ends in him losing it - that's why it wasn't a bad idea within the flow of this game to take him off (though we may as well have played with 10 with Xisco).

"viduka decent striker" in the same sentence... did i just go back 3years in time?

jesus wept

either way he's done and dusted and tbh was halfway there when we signed him, wont be kicking a ball for the foreseeable future so not point mentioning him

We'll need him at the end of the season as we did last year - if you don't recognise how good he is when he does play then I despair.

jesus wept

He scored 7 last season in 26 games, whilst making a few goals.

Pretty ''decent'' to me.

Viduka does a thankless task. IMO he's still the best striker in the league with his back to goal and some of his touches towards the back end of last season were sublime. He made half the goals Owen and Martins scored by being able to flick to onto them.

He's a great player, it's just a shame he's always injured.

Fucking hell that was absolutely woeful, well the second half was. They were there for the taking first half, then absolutely awful tactics in the second from Kinnear, absolutely awful, which allowed them to get back in. But still, a much needed three points.

I do honestly think tonights performance was down to lack of confidence. If we'd played tonight like we did against Citeh we'd have hammered them but the lose to the Mackems obviously had an effect on the team. Hopefully we'll pull together against Villa and get a draw (Because I can't see us getting a win!)

I hope we win, but also win in a pleasant and uplifting way. ie not 1-0 with an own goal 2 minutes from time.

So much for that then. Seething.

If we play a whole 45 minutes like that against Villa too (which I'm guessing we will), we could be up 3-0 at the break and still lose.

To me it was the like the early Keegan home games last year - a team with no confidence in a feedback loop of nervousness with the crowd. I hope it will improve as we get more results though Villa will be tough.

Having said that I don't think Villa will be as passy as West Brom which may give us a chance - I would take a point though and then look forward to two winnable games after that.

To me it was the like the early Keegan home games last year - a team with no confidence in a feedback loop of nervousness with the crowd. I hope it will improve as we get more results though Villa will be tough.

Having said that I don't think Villa will be as passy as West Brom which may give us a chance - I would take a point though and then look forward to two winnable games after that.

WBA do seem to be striving to be one of the more attractive teams in the league and you could argue had Colo and Given not bollocksed it up for the goal that 2-0 wouldn't have looked as bad as they had fuck all on target after that chance.

We'll need him at the end of the season as we did last year - if you don't recognise how good he is when he does play then I despair.

how good a player he was, i don't see him playing more than 10games even if that, between the long layoff and getting fit

Fair enough - you could argue that he is used to coming back from lay-offs but then again his age will be more against him. I really hope he does.

yup

It's a pity Caroll is so bad, i thought he might've been able to get his head on things and hold play up

didn't realise until his recent app's just how thin he was, thought he was broader than that

He's tall, but he's not strong enough to be a big man.

how good a player he was, i don't see him playing more than 10games even if that, between the long layoff and getting fit

You got the three points! be happy... :icon_lol:

Fucking hell that was absolutely woeful, well the second half was. They were there for the taking first half, then absolutely awful tactics in the second from Kinnear, absolutely awful, which allowed them to get back in. But still, a much needed three points.

Could lack of match fitness have had anything to do with it? Weren't half the team (Barton, Enrique, Guthrie, Jonas, Martins) playing their way back from a spell out?

You got the three points! be happy... :icon_lol:

double post sorry!!:

TAYLOR wank again the neet, embarrassment on a few occasions. Abuse welcome...

Teed what do they call yee Teed for?

Same reason they call you Stevie .. :icon_lol:

You were christened Teed?

TAYLOR wank again the neet, embarrassment on a few occasions. Abuse welcome...

Teed what do they call yee Teed for?

Same reason they call you Stevie .. :icon_lol:

You were christened Teed?

:icon_lol: Aye!! the priest was a Geordie!.... :icon_lol:

Fucking hell, after that display if it's not Ashley's intent to get the club relegated I'll be surprised!

Kinear is shit. When your only team talk is to tear them a new arse, it's not much good when you're 2-0 up.

Both Martins and Jonas were still running hard when they were subbed whilst there were others on the pitch that looked dead on their feet. Why the fuck bring on the white donkey when Charlie is on the bench, actually what has Charlie done to be left sitting there for the last two games? Yeah he can waste things but he also opens up the opposition at times.

N'Zogbia and Bassong to add some creativity and to tighten things up with maybe Ron for Barton (who had a great game but did look like a man who hasn't played a lot of football recently) and at 60 minute not the SBR 75th minute try your luck sub rule.

Also I don't get all the praise for Duff. He made one or two runs that actually resulted in a decent cross or pass but watch their goal again and it all starts with him running down a blind alley once more. I think it was Beye who was open and an easy pass on the right of him but what does Duffer do, runs inside into traffic, two passes and it's in the back of the net - fuck off.

It's good to get three points but against a team that can actually play we're fucked with this twat in charge.

Some right miserable bastards on here.

We won

Jonas looked class

Ameobi's never been playing so well since Roeder was in charge

Barton looked quality before tiring

Out of the relegation places

With Wigan playing Bolton tomorrow chances are we won't be back in there tomorrow.

Scary second half, but after 8 games without a win can people not look at the positives?