Toon Vs West Brom

Venom

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short memories, he couldnt hit a barn door 9 times out of 10 either

Bellamy offered a lot more than goals. Not sure you could say the same about Martins.

If Shola is going to start, then I think on the last 2 performance, he needs to be taken off at half time.

The difference in him was shocking for the second 45 in both games!

When Duff had no options ahead of him last night, he took on and beat 3 men. Why the fuck he won't try that when he only has 1 man to beat, I have no idea.

I've said a few times in the past that Shola can't play a full match. 60 mins max, even when he's 'fully fit'.

What's the craic with that, then?

Barton and Guthrie really vanished after around 60 minutes too. Probably as they were playing so deep. Was very worrying how much of the ball we gave them, even in the 1st half. I must say that they knocked it about quite well, but they were getting through far too easy. Is that a centre midfield issue?

I've said a few times in the past that Shola can't play a full match. 60 mins max, even when he's 'fully fit'.

What's the craic with that, then?

Barton and Guthrie really vanished after around 60 minutes too. Probably as they were playing so deep. Was very worrying how much of the ball we gave them, even in the 1st half. I must say that they knocked it about quite well, but they were getting through far too easy. Is that a centre midfield issue?

No idea. I suppose it's just a lack of natural fitness as I would imagine he's decent and puts a shift in during training (as that's the only explanation I have for him having played as much as he has). You'd expect Barton to fade given it was his first start in ages. As for Guthrie? It's a worry if he hasn't got a good engine on him as he's not good enough in other areas to get away with not having one.

Guthrie is quite limited alright. Put in a lovely tackle in the peno area last night and pushed the ball onwards. A centre midfield of Barton and Guthrie is a little ordinary. Happy to have Barton back though as he's a bit different in there to anything else we have.

You must be right about Shola, I've been happy to see him amongst the goals, and some of his hold up play(can you call it that if he's just unintentionally taking 5 touches to get a pass under control?) has been good.

Some right miserable bastards on here.

We won

Jonas looked class

Ameobi's never been playing so well since Roeder was in charge

Barton looked quality before tiring

Out of the relegation places

With Wigan playing Bolton tomorrow chances are we won't be back in there tomorrow.

Scary second half, but after 8 games without a win can people not look at the positives?

It's a marathon not a sprint.

That's the spirit. Nothing is fucked yet.

That's the stupidest thing i've ever read.

no it was aimed at triggy's

better outta the two lately? what all two fucking games are you taking the piss?

jesus your easily pleased, was was the same old shola bar the getting his head on things

his "pass" to beye was a fcking shot

he fell over the ball in the 2nd half, and he was as per normal trudging around

as for owen and martins not being able to play in the same team, hardly bloody matters, owens going be injured as normal for 1/2 of any season anyways

Martins got one decent ball played to him, he put it in... nough said

his passing was crap, but hardly mattered

owen played the majority of last season and martins chance was impossible to miss and he still managed to nearly miss it because imo the keeper should have done better

You reckon? :icon_lol:

He pretty much always fades in the second half when he starts.

so you are saying a fully fit 27 year old professional footballer can only play 60 minutes? come on alex get your act together

so you are saying a fully fit 27 year old professional footballer can only play 60 minutes?

Depends literally you take it I suppose.

Not gonna start a new thread about it, and it appears this is where the action is, so....

In Barcelona at the minute, and went on the Nou Camp stadium tour today. Stood in the ground just behind the Directors' box, looking out across at the "Mes Que Un Club" on the seats at the far side, when this scally who was part of a school trip from Chester announces to no one in particular "I'm tellin' yer, fookin Newcastle's ground looks better than this!" :icon_lol:

Not gonna start a new thread about it, and it appears this is where the action is, so....

In Barcelona at the minute, and went on the Nou Camp stadium tour today. Stood in the ground just behind the Directors' box, looking out across at the "Mes Que Un Club" on the seats at the far side, when this scally who was part of a school trip from Chester announces to no one in particular "I'm tellin' yer, fookin Newcastle's ground looks better than this!" :icon_lol:

it's amazing from the inside but i found the concourses at the nou camp a little dated. could do with a facelift. and they've got nee answer to shearers bar

I just noticed Jonas was in the 'Miserable' group.

Signing-up to agree with himself :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Blaydonesque.

Edited by alex

it's amazing from the inside but i found the concourses at the nou camp a little dated. could do with a facelift. and they've got nee answer to shearers bar

They're rebuilding it aren't they? Norman Foster design iirc.

They're rebuilding it aren't they? Norman Foster design iirc.

Aye, there was something about that at the museum. Making it look like a big boiled sweet or something.