Toon Vs West Brom

Venom

Not gonna start a new thread about it, and it appears this is where the action is, so....

In Barcelona at the minute, and went on the Nou Camp stadium tour today. Stood in the ground just behind the Directors' box, looking out across at the "Mes Que Un Club" on the seats at the far side, when this scally who was part of a school trip from Chester announces to no one in particular "I'm tellin' yer, fookin Newcastle's ground looks better than this!" :icon_lol:

it's amazing from the inside but i found the concourses at the nou camp a little dated. could do with a facelift. and they've got nee answer to shearers bar

They're rebuilding it aren't they? Norman Foster design iirc.

Aye, there was something about that at the museum. Making it look like a big boiled sweet or something.

I believe it is meant to be influenced by the modernist architecture within the city by the likes of Gaudi. Like you say though... :icon_lol:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said a few times in the past that Shola can't play a full match. 60 mins max, even when he's 'fully fit'.

Doesn't believe in sex before marriage, therefore he's running around with a couple of water melons down his trunks, you'd be the same tbh

I've said a few times in the past that Shola can't play a full match. 60 mins max, even when he's 'fully fit'.

They should shave that fucking wig off his kid brother and send him out for the second half. No-one would know the difference tbh.

They should shave that fucking wig off his kid brother and send him out for the second half. No-one would know the difference tbh.

:icon_lol:

It is seriously annoying though, that even when he is in decent form he can't sustain it for longer than 60 mins! He's just so frustrating because even if he is playing well and i think he has in patches he still does the usual getting caught offside time and again because he isn't concentrating and he still can't strike a ball cleanly, in fact twice now in the last 3 games ive seen him hurt himself shooting, having to be subbed against Man City because of it!

But i do think he deserves some credit for his performances under Kinnear which have been alot more than i was expecting.

Actually on second thoughts we probably would notice a difference. Both of them can't stroll around like a pleb, can they? :icon_lol:

i've always felt shola gets more stick than he deserves. he's never going to be a top class player now but he's half-decent squad backup. you're going to struggle to find someone happy to sit on the bench and fill in when required that's much better than him.

I think the problem is (I agree the stick he gets is uncalled for at times btw) that he's never improved since he first broke into the side. He showed some promise when he first started playing for the first team but since then he's never showed any sort of consistency at all. If you're talking top 6 he isn't even decent cover though imo.

Edit: Still better than Xisco though.

Edited by alex

It's sad when a poster going by "Jonas" turns out to be a troll.

By the way, I'm not going to start a new thread for this, but how is his name really meant to be pronounced?

I've heard "JOE-NAS" "YO-NAS" "HO-NAS" and "HON-NAS" (that's from last night's genius commentator.)

Are those pics from Tom really what the new camp nou's meant to look like? If so, looks canny imo. Little on the wacky side but it certainly breaks the mould.

By the way, I'm not going to start a new thread for this, but how is his name really meant to be pronounced?

I've heard "JOE-NAS" "YO-NAS" "HO-NAS" and "HON-NAS" (that's from last night's genius commentator.)

Are those pics from Tom really what the new camp nou's meant to look like? If so, looks canny imo. Little on the wacky side but it certainly breaks the mould.

Ask David Pleat.

What's the craic with that, then?

Barton and Guthrie really vanished after around 60 minutes too. Probably as they were playing so deep. Was very worrying how much of the ball we gave them, even in the 1st half. I must say that they knocked it about quite well, but they were getting through far too easy. Is that a centre midfield issue?

No idea. I suppose it's just a lack of natural fitness as I would imagine he's decent and puts a shift in during training (as that's the only explanation I have for him having played as much as he has). You'd expect Barton to fade given it was his first start in ages. As for Guthrie? It's a worry if he hasn't got a good engine on him as he's not good enough in other areas to get away with not having one.

True, Gutherie has faded every second half so far.

Ask David Pleat.

Yoni-ass? :icon_lol:

... It's probably HO-NASS in his native tongue. I'm sticking to JOE NUSS though.

Barton and Guthrie really vanished after around 60 minutes too. Probably as they were playing so deep. Was very worrying how much of the ball we gave them, even in the 1st half. I must say that they knocked it about quite well, but they were getting through far too easy. Is that a centre midfield issue?

No idea. I suppose it's just a lack of natural fitness as I would imagine he's decent and puts a shift in during training (as that's the only explanation I have for him having played as much as he has). You'd expect Barton to fade given it was his first start in ages. As for Guthrie? It's a worry if he hasn't got a good engine on him as he's not good enough in other areas to get away with not having one.

I think that the incident against Hull and the suspension has really affected him. Up to that point, he was looking strong...

i've always felt shola gets more stick than he deserves. he's never going to be a top class player now but he's half-decent squad backup. you're going to struggle to find someone happy to sit on the bench and fill in when required that's much better than him.
I think he's deserved plenty of criticism over the years.

It's the very blunt abuse he gets for stuffing things up or his overly ambitious comments (because thinking positively is a crime apparently) that annoys me. He's barely had a chance in the two years before the Man City game, and he was playing well before the last two seasons. It's no surprise if he played awfully last season when he played, as he barely got a chance. It was also interesting to see him at times getting far more abuse than other players who played as bad if not worse, such as Derby away last year.

Edited by TheInspiration

That's what annoys me, the double standards aspect of the abuse. You'll always get boo boys though. The mongs who sit behind me are such sad bastards. They're practically jizzing when he fucks up yet certain other players can / could do know wrong.

That's what annoys me, the double standards aspect of the abuse. You'll always get boo boys though. The mongs who sit behind me are such sad bastards. They're practically jizzing when he fucks up yet certain other players can / could do know wrong.

Which players produce the most jizz? :icon_lol:

Duff or Ameobi.

Duff or Ameobi.

Gutjizzrez? :icon_lol:

I think that the incident against Hull and the suspension has really affected him. Up to that point, he was looking strong...

Don't agree there, I would say every single game I've seen him play (including friendlies and all of the other games when Keegan was in charge) he has faded.

I think he is a canny player but he looks like he has no engine. Mind you there were a lot of them blowing out of their arses on Tuesday night. I think the three games in eight days (especially as we played most of the citeh game with ten men and the nervous energy of a derby game) had caught up to us but I still think the squad doesn't look as fit as they shoud.

Don't agree there, I would say every single game I've seen him play (including friendlies and all of the other games when Keegan was in charge) he has faded.

I think he is a canny player but he looks like he has no engine. Mind you there were a lot of them blowing out of their arses on Tuesday night. I think the three games in eight days (especially as we played most of the citeh game with ten men and the nervous energy of a derby game) had caught up to us but I still think the squad doesn't look as fit as they shoud.

Good points and agree with a lot of what you said. I can see where he has faded from the beginning but I still think that the dip in form was the strongest after he came back from suspension.