Sir Bobby tonight

Jimbo

Ambitious I know, but....

Can we not take this a step further have some sort of friendly match with all proceeds going to his charity?

Bobby Robson XI vs. Barcelona

How nice would it be to see Bobby in the dug out one last time!

It would be a great idea but that would have to happen in the close season and, well, I don't know how long he's got. ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people dont think we should have a statue or stand named after him but we should! Hes one of the best 2 managers in living memory, he supports the club, hes from the region and we should be proud he associates himself with our club

top man and if there wasn't something put up at the club permanently it'd be a shame

This argument has been done to death several times over but there's people more deserving. Joe Harvey, Keegan etc

Yep and it'll rage on for years to come. There are bigger servants to the club and I wouldnt put KK in that category. The only thing ypu can guarantee is that this is something that splits the fans right down the middle.

Oh and Jimbo, whats the sig image all about?

You wouldn't put Keegan in the category of bigger servants to the club?

Nope, yes hes been here three times as a player and manager and yes I have great respect for the man but in terms of overall service to the club and being an ambassador for it then he doesnt rank right up the top.

He's done more for this club than anyone on the footballing side for God knows how many years. I'm going to disagree with you on that one. :P

My undying love for the man has somewhat dwindled I have to say.

You look at someone like Bobby Robson who having been sacked by the club still comes to games and devotes the majority of his time to raising money for the local hospital.

Alan Shearer turning down Man U to come here at his peak and stay for a decade.

Even Lee Clark in his SMB T-shirt while playing for the mackems.

These are blokes that love the Toon. Keegan has never been to a game he wasn't getting paid for, never turned up to the finals or semi-finals after departing the club, and he's happy to walk away from the club if it's not going his way. All credit for what he's achieved at the club, which is more than any of those others, but I'll never like the bloke as much as any of the others.

These are blokes that love the Toon. Keegan has never been to a game he wasn't getting paid for, never turned up to the finals or semi-finals after departing the club, and he's happy to walk away from the club if it's not going his way. All credit for what he's achieved at the club, which is more than any of those others, but I'll never like the bloke as much as any of the others.

couldn't agree more.