Poor little Manuel

Happy Face

Well she seems like the shy and retiring type. Poor little lamb.

Doing her "career" the world of good tbh, she probably accounts for 17000 of those 18000 "complaints". :icon_lol:

So shy she has decided to do a video interview with The Sun. :icon_lol:

Anyways, Brand has resigned, can't see Ross walking away from that contract, nor should he.

The piffling (relatively) amount Brand was on, I expect he can get the same job for twice the amount (or more).

I think the BBC have royally fucked this one up. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit that Brand gets an audience, to let him go over something so frankly petty, is astonishing poor foresight.

I'd love to survey the 18000 people who compained to find out how many had listened to the show?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing though isn't it? Regardless of whether or not Brand makes you reach for the chainsaw, he hasn't done anything particularly bad imo. The very nature of his show means that the people complaining are the people who don't tune in. So if they didn't listen to it, what right do they have to complain about it? Especially when it's such a minor infraction.

He didn't say anything racist, homophobic, bigoted in anyway, he said something a bit off about a man's grand-daughter. It's hardly Big-Ron territory.

That's the thing though isn't it? Regardless of whether or not Brand makes you reach for the chainsaw, he hasn't done anything particularly bad imo. The very nature of his show means that the people complaining are the people who don't tune in. So if they didn't listen to it, what right do they have to complain about it? Especially when it's such a minor infraction.

He didn't say anything racist, homophobic, bigoted in anyway, he said something a bit off about a man's grand-daughter. It's hardly Big-Ron territory.

weren't Ron Atkinsons comments supposed to be off air ?

Aye, but they weren't. That's the point. :icon_lol:

I'm wondering what would have happened to Brand and Ross if they had said something actually unacceptable. The whole thing is incredible. :icon_lol:

Aye, and Brand did hump this lass anyway :icon_lol:

He did? So this is basically about someone telling the truth in a not very nice way and Ross swearing. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Aye, she's come out and said as much since :icon_lol:

Aye, and Brand did hump this lass anyway :icon_lol:

He did? So this is basically about someone telling the truth in a not very nice way and Ross swearing. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Aye, she's come out and said as much since :icon_lol:

Not only said as much but has sold the gory details to The Sun.

How fucking pathetic does her band sound as well? I'm not a prude or anything but I would bet the image etc. is to make up for a serious dearth of musical talent. Also, how can you be in a band like this and be so offended at what's happened? Rhetorical question, obviously.

How fucking pathetic does her band sound as well? I'm not a prude or anything but I would bet the image etc. is to make up for a serious dearth of musical talent. Also, how can you be in a band like this and be so offended at what's happened? Rhetorical question, obviously.

To be fair whore is probably the right word, ok maybe not selling actual physical sex for money, but still sex in a general sense for in a desperate attempt for money, attention and fame.

It's probably her agent team whipping this up behind the scenes, you can't buy publicity like this from her point of view.

Every paper on the market has done a "I fucked Russell Brand" kiss and tell story, so they can get to fuck if they think they can take the moral high ground on invasions of privacy when it comes to who's screwing who.

You'll be saying the Mail has a hypocritical attitude towards immigration next.

Sincerely yours,

Maj. Timothy Featherstonehaugh-Smith (South of France).

:icon_lol:

good job millions of other people don't walk around with microphones trained on them then :icon_lol:

good job millions of other people don't walk around with microphones trained on them then :icon_lol:

They will be a few years down the road they way things are going. :icon_lol:

The Daily Mail have handily transcribed it for those that weren't listening... All 30,000 of you!!

Lest we forget: Or what the BBC won't let you hear

By Daily Mail Reporter

In its news coverage, the BBC has presented a heavily sanitised, jokey version of the obscene calls Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross made to actor Andrew Sachs.

It has featured the briefest and least offensive sections, along with light-hearted footage of the pair singing and giggling in the studio.

All of this glosses over the truly vile nature of the material.

Here, for the first time, the Mail prints the entire transcript of what was broadcast on Radio 2 on October 18 - along with another exchange between Ross and Brand that was cut out.

We apologise to readers who may be offended by the explicit and disturbing language used. But we think it is important to know exactly the sort of material these presenters thought so funny.

(They call Andrew Sachs's home but only get through to his answerphone)

Russell Brand: Hello Andrew Sachs, this is Russell Brand - you are meant to be on my show now mate - I am here with Jonathan Ross. I could still do the interview to your answerphone.

Jonathan Ross: Let's do it .

Brand: Man - er, Andrew Sachs.

Ross: Don't call him Manuel, that's really bad manners. I apologise for Russell - he's an idiot.

Brand: I said Andrew Sachs! Look Andrew Sachs I have got respect for you and your lineage and your progeny, never let that be questioned.

Ross: Don't hint.

Brand: I weren't hinting! Why did that come across as a hint?

Ross: Because you know what you did.

Brand: That wasn't a hint.

Ross: He f***ed your granddaughter! [laughter in the studio]

Brand: That's his answerphone!

Ross: I'm sorry - I apologise Andrew, I apologise, I can't help it, you were talking about it and it was in my head, I apologise.

Brand: Jonathan!

Ross: I got excited, what can I say, it just came out.

Brand: Right. You wait till I come on your show. Andrew Sachs I did not do nothing with Georgina - oh no, I revealed I know her name! Oh no, it's a disaster! Abort, abort! Put the phone down, put the phone down, code red, code red! I'm sorry Mr Fawlty, I'm sorry. You're a waste of space! Oh no, Jonathan.

Ross: Why did you tell me? I forgot. You mentioned her and then it was in my head and then it came out.

Brand: I know you can't be blamed for this. It's too much for you .

Ross: He is the poor man at home sobbing over his answer machine.

Brand: What's going to happen? I will get a call now from the Satanic Sluts (Miss Baillie's group of dancers).

Ross: If he is like most people of a certain age he has probably got a picture of his grandchildren when they were young and innocent right by the phone. So while he is listening to the message he is looking at a picture of her when she was about nine on a swing .

Brand: She was on a swing when I met her . Let's ring back Andrew Sachs.

[They call for a second time]

Ross: Hello! Manuel here! Sachs: [his answer machine message] Sorry I can't answer at the moment ..

Brand: [interrupting] I am too busy thinking about killing myself - Andrew, this is Russell Brand. I am so sorry about the last message - it was part of the radio show, it was a mistake. The truth is I am phoning you to ask if I can marry - that's right, marry - Georgina the granddaughter.

Ross: And I would like to be a page boy.

Brand: He wants to be a page boy, we are going to have a Fawlty Towers-themed wedding.

Ross: Now you've spoilt it! Brand: No! I made it better. I'm sorry, I'll do anything. I wore a condom. Put the phone down! Oh what's going to happen? Look, I've got a mental illness. Do you think that made it better?

Ross: You will never become king rat in the Variety Club now.

Brand: Oh no, that's over for me now - Jonathan I think we've made the situation worse ... We've got to stop upsetting Manuel. This time Jonathan I'm convinced we can make it better.

Ross: Let's just sing to him.

Brand: I'll make up something as I go along.

[Third message]

Brand: [singing] I'd like to apologise for the terrible attacks, Andrew Sachs, I would like to show contrition to the max, Andrew Sachs. I would like to create world peace, between the yellow, white and blacks, Andrew Sachs, Andrew Sachs. I said something I didn't have oughta, like I had sex with your granddaughter. But it was consensual and she wasn't menstrual, it was consensual lovely sex. It was full of respect I sent her a text, I've asked her to marry me, Andrew Sachs.

Ross: This has made it worse, you have trivialised the whole incident.

Brand: Hang up, hang up! It's trivialised it!

Ross: You know there is one way we could possibly make it better .

Brand: We can keep ringing, and even after the show's finished, kick his front door in and scream apologies into his bottom.

Ross: Hello, Manuel is not in right now. Please leave a message after the tone.

[Fourth message]

Brand: I am sorry, I am so sorry - that I had a difficult life, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry Andrew. Let's just take some time together, we can meet up.

Ross: You're making it worse, just say sorry.

Brand: Jonathan Ross is sorry as well, it was his idea. Sorry about everything that's ever happened.

[Later]

Brand: No one could have been offended by anything that went on in that show.

Ross: Who could possibly be offended by anything there? If they were they are crazy people.

Brand: If Andrew Sachs listens to his answerphone message when he gets it...

Ross: The saving grace is you didn't have anything to do with his granddaughter did you?

Brand: Oh actually I did, I slept with her, but it was ultimately undermined, not undermined, underlined with love.

And what was cut out of the broadcast:

Ross: Have you ever bumped into him? (Andrew Sachs)

Brand: No.

Ross: Let's hope that continues. You might hear from his granddaughter though. She might phone up and say what were you saying?

Brand said: She's gonna though - she was always saying to me 'please if you ever meet my grandad'..

Ross: Phone her and ask her to break it gently to him and say there's a message and when you get home just delete them all.

Brand: Good idea. We've finally got a chance for redemption. We will ring the granddaughter. Brilliant.

Ross: No. I've got a better idea - let's both put on striped shirts and break into his house, merely to delete the answerphone message - let's see what happens. What could go wrong?

Brand: Nothing. Literally, nothing could go wrong as we smash our way into Andrew Sachs's house.

Ross: No. No, we break in like cat burglars tonight when he's in bed.

Brand: 'Yes, while he sleeps.

Ross: ...and go up to the pillow to kiss him to say sorry.

Brand: Kiss him up and down his body apologising, drench him in gin.

Ross: M********e him to say sorry. Make him feel better.

(bursts out laughing)

Brand: 'So sorry, Andrew Sachs, this will make up for it. Go on finish it, into the palm of my hand. Good girl for uncle daddy, good girl for uncle daddy. (Laughs) There we go, what a show it's been.

Ross: What's that noise I hear? Ah, it's a Sony Award coming your way.