Give me a better deal or I'm off, says interim Newcastle boss Kinnear

Scottish Mag

Joe Kinnear has told Newcastle to give him a longer contract or he could walk out.

The interim boss claims his promising return to management at St James’ Park has alerted other clubs and he could be offered a job before the New Year.

Kinnear is working on a monthly contract but says: ‘What I have to do is see how popular I become or how well I do while I am here and then I have got to ask someone if a long term contract is going to be offered to me.

‘If not, I am not sure whether I can continue to work month after month so I would like a bit more security.

'That might not come to me because I knew it could take a minimum of two months to sell the club and a maximum of three with due diligence.

'It would take buyers a month to search around to find out whatever they do at football clubs.

‘Maybe everyone else they spoke to wanted long term. When I took the job, I suppose that was why no one else did.’

Cheeky fucker should be grateful hes got a job full stop...

He's just playing the game...........he's basically saying to any champioship team who are thinking of dumping their present boss"I'm availiable and I want a 3 year contract"

But don't be surprised if he's still here after xmas............Ashley wants 300 mill for a club thats worth no more than 150......and its a buyers market.

Good luck Mike :icon_lol:

Cheeky fucker :icon_lol:

Best job Ive had blah blah. yeah right, shop window more like.

I actually understand his point, but still a cheeky fucker. We picked him from obscurity and now he expects everything.

Okay.........say he goes back to Forest next month on a contract to keep them in the championship with a bonus if he actually does..........where the fuck do you think that would leave us?

He's limited as a manager,anyone can see that...........but we'd be fucked without him at the moment, and it looks like he knows it,hence trying to get a bit more loot out of Ashley.Fair play to the bloke.

Add your list of realistic candidates to replace him at a club in complete limbo if he walks below......... :icon_lol:

Okay.........say he goes back to Forest next month on a contract to keep them in the championship with a bonus if he actually does..........where the fuck do you think that would leave us?

He's limited as a manager,anyone can see that...........but we'd be fucked without him at the moment, and it looks like he knows it,hence trying to get a bit more loot out of Ashley.Fair play to the bloke.

Add your list of realistic candidates to replace him at a club in complete limbo if he walks below......... :icon_lol:

Agreed his value now is far higher than when he started. Do not want him long term but is his situation any different to Owens :icon_lol:

Agreed his value now is far higher than when he started. Do not want him long term but is his situation any different to Owens :icon_lol:

sadly not.........Owen will go if a club in the UEFA competions after xmas want a proven striker.......simple as that.......which means Man City...........probably.