Psychics, Palm Readers and Tarot Cardists

donaldstott

My missus went to see a psychic and was told "you've got cancer in you".

She found a small lump and we went to the doctor, I told her the story and she looked at me like I was an idiot and said it was probably a glandular thing!!

I'm still pretty worried. If the psychic is a charleton then why would she say something like that???

Just wondered what anybodys experiences are, have you been told specific things that have come true?

There's so many ways to trick people.

Some have microphones in waiting rooms to over hear conversations, the rest is just "headology" and keeping your statements vague enough.

Even the cancer thing, someone then goes to the doctors because of it and they find that they don't have cancer, but do have piles that they didn't know about (or whatever) they still believe because they've "found" something and the mystic was right, and even though it's not cancer.

Also, what %-age of the population eventually get cancer anyway? Even if some aren't charlatans (I don't believe that myself anyway) then I would still imagine about 99% are frauds. Derren Brown has been pretty good at debunking this sort of thing.

My lass loves them. They have this one that comes round to the house every couple of years called Noel who she is convinced is legit because he made some accurate predictions for her auntie and uncle a few years back (In fairness, i've heard the tape and he was very accurate but also talked alot of shite).

She's utterly convinced by them. She's always told me that she only wants one child and she never wants to leave the North East, no matter what my future job may entail. Noel went round a few weeks back and told her that she's going to live in London and have three kids and now she likes the idea of doing both.

Also, what %-age of the population eventually get cancer anyway? Even if some aren't charlatans (I don't believe that myself anyway) then I would still imagine about 99% are frauds. Derren Brown has been pretty good at debunking this sort of thing.

Aye, percentage-wise they'd probably be right eventually, anyway.

My lass loves them. They have this one that comes round to the house every couple of years called Noel who she is convinced is legit because he made some accurate predictions for her auntie and uncle a few years back (In fairness, i've heard the tape and he was very accurate but also talked alot of shite).

She's utterly convinced by them. She's always told me that she only wants one child and she never wants to leave the North East, no matter what my future job may entail. Noel went round a few weeks back and told her that she's going to live in London and have three kids and now she likes the idea of doing both.

People that want to believe, can be made to believe pretty much anything.

The girlfriend went to one who was apparently very specific and accurate in what she told her about her past and then went on to make some predictions so I thought I'd give it a go. Complete waste of time and money, was generally very vague and what she did give me details on have turned out to be bollocks.

Some people swear by them but tbh I couldn't be bothered with all the bullshit to actually find one who is genuine.

The girlfriend went to one who was apparently very specific and accurate in what she told her about her past and then went on to make some predictions so I thought I'd give it a go. Complete waste of time and money, was generally very vague and what she did give me details on have turned out to be bollocks.

Some people swear by them but tbh I couldn't be bothered with all the bullshit to actually find one who is genuine.

I am, just give me £10,000 and I'll tell you your future. :icon_lol:

I am, just give me £10,000 and I'll tell you your future. :icon_lol:

Will it involve me being foolish with money?