Any way back for Ashley ?

Jimbo

With the lack of interest in the club, is there any way back for Mike Ashley as long-term owner of NUFC ?

Are there any terms in which you would accept or support him or has he burnt all his bridges and the only way out is for him to sell up ?

He just needs to come out and tell us he was wrong, talk to us and listen to us.

This talk of king Kev back or nowt is bollocks as far as Im concerned, just start running the place the way it should be and prove it by spending money, that however is unlikely seeing as hes currently around 8 or 9 hundred million down on a few months ago (if speculation is to be believed).

oh and a public execution of Wise by hanging him from the nearest lampost of course.

I wouldnt say there was no way back. But he would need to realise that this structure just does not work. Any coincidence that the two clubs trying it were in the bottom two? Spurs/Us. Then the third, QPR just sacked their manager? It just doesnt work. He'd need to realise that, and change it to a more traditional set up. I dont mind Wise being there, just not in the role. not unless he is willing to do it from the north east or whats the point? We cant be run from London. again, that just cant work. He also would have to set up a good line of communication with the fans (via NUSC for example). Taking down that fucking annoying SportsDirect sign would help as well.....

oh and stop wearing tops with badly thought out names on the back, hes a fucking jinx man first Smith and then King Kev hes a fucking jonah.

Close, but presumably he'll be away next summer :icon_lol:

If he gets shut of wise/Lambastard, comes clean on the KK issue and backs us in the transfer market then he might have a chance of staying although I would say it would be a pretty uneasy one

If he does stay he clearly doesnt have the cash to compete with the big boys unless he puts the club into mega debt and I dont think anyone wants that, If he give JFK some cash in Jan then I think we can finish in the top half, injuries permitting. I think he could do a decent job built mainly on team spirit and seige mentality. He wouldnt be able to take us to the next level but lets be honest that wont happen with Ashlet at the top anyway

I think he will sell the club but in the current financial climate I`m pretty sure he wont get what he wants for it so he can do one of two things. Sell it and break even/make a small profit or hang onto it, invest some cash, hope we climb the table and show progression then sell in a year or two. One thing he cant do is hang onto the club and not invest as we would be in a relegation battle and should we go down then he can forget getting anything like what he paid for it

There is a way back for me.

We just need to know the truth from both parties.

I doubt I'm going to wash my hands with anyone yet at the same time I doubt anyone is 100% innocent.

I wouldnt say there was no way back. But he would need to realise that this structure just does not work. Any coincidence that the two clubs trying it were in the bottom two? Spurs/Us. Then the third, QPR just sacked their manager? It just doesnt work. He'd need to realise that, and change it to a more traditional set up. I dont mind Wise being there, just not in the role. not unless he is willing to do it from the north east or whats the point? We cant be run from London. again, that just cant work. He also would have to set up a good line of communication with the fans (via NUSC for example). Taking down that fucking annoying SportsDirect sign would help as well.....

Or was it that one of the clubs in the bottom two had a caretaker manager that was out of it's depth because the manager walked out when the transfer window closed and the other had a manager that couldn't adapt to the English game?

It's a coincidence, unless you're saying Ramos would have done better if they didn't have a DOF? Do you think we would have been in the bottom two if Keegan was still here out of interest?

As for Ashley, I don't think there is anyway back after all of the over the top actions by the boycoutters, however if they had given him a chance to see how he'd move on from Keegan then I'm confident he would have got a decent manager in like Deschamps and we would be in a better position than we're in now, the club has been left in limbo too long now and no manager or player would want to come here while it's so unstable.

Unless he completely changes his attitude to the club and actually defines his goal as improving the position of the club on the pitch and in terms of league placing then him hanging on is pointless.

I honestly can't see how any manager could take the current squad where we want to go and his tippy-tappy approach to squad building wouldn't change that for the forseeable future.

Or was it that one of the clubs in the bottom two had a caretaker manager that was out of it's depth because the manager walked out when the transfer window closed and the other had a manager that couldn't adapt to the English game?

It's a coincidence, unless you're saying Ramos would have done better if they didn't have a DOF? Do you think we would have been in the bottom two if Keegan was still here out of interest?

As for Ashley, I don't think there is anyway back after all of the over the top actions by the boycoutters, however if they had given him a chance to see how he'd move on from Keegan then I'm confident he would have got a decent manager in like Deschamps and we would be in a better position than we're in now, the club has been left in limbo too long now and no manager or player would want to come here while it's so unstable.

Yes. No.

I think Ramos would've done better if a trained monkey (Comolli) wasn't in charge of his transfers. No matter what bollocks Levy comes out with about how the manager sanctioned every sale, Ramos is good enough to know that selling Defoe, Berbatov and Keane without signing PL-proven or world class replacements was a terrible idea.

I think we would've beat Hull and Rovers easily if Keegan were still here, and drawn with West Ham. Man City was a great result so no knock on Kinnear there.

There's a way back for Ashley: sack Wise and the rest of his cronies, stop lying to the fans, and open up the chequebook. Keegan's not coming back, we have to move on. If he's ready to then so am I but I very much doubt it.

Yes. No.

I think Ramos would've done better if a trained monkey (Comolli) wasn't in charge of his transfers. No matter what bollocks Levy comes out with about how the manager sanctioned every sale, Ramos is good enough to know that selling Defoe, Berbatov and Keane without signing PL-proven or world class replacements was a terrible idea.

I think we would've beat Hull and Rovers easily if Keegan were still here, and drawn with West Ham. Man City was a great result so no knock on Kinnear there.

There's a way back for Ashley: sack Wise and the rest of his cronies, stop lying to the fans, and open up the chequebook. Keegan's not coming back, we have to move on. If he's ready to then so am I but I very much doubt it.

I blame Levy more than anyone for the problem Spurs had with a striker, he was more interested in getting as much as he could for Berbatov than worrying about a replacement, what he should have done was sold Berbatov for a few million less so they could have got Arshavin signed up before the deadline to sign him that was set by his club had passed, it was also well publicised that they didn't want to sell Keane which is why they reported Liverpool for tapping him up, we've seen our self with the likes of Hamann that when the likes of Liverpool come calling it's hard for the rest to hold onto the player, especially when their head had been turned.

Seems strange people are blaming Comolli now for the quality of signings when most people were crying about them signing up the likes of Woodgate, Modric and Bentley ahead of us, not to mention Corluka, Hutton, Dos Santos, Gomes and Pavlyuchenko.

Yes. No.

I blame Levy more than anyone for the problem Spurs had with a striker, he was more interested in getting as much as he could for Berbatov than worrying about a replacement, what he should have done was sold Berbatov for a few million less so they could have got Arshavin signed up before the deadline to sign him that was set by his club had passed, it was also well publicised that they didn't want to sell Keane which is why they reported Liverpool for tapping him up, we've seen our self with the likes of Hamann that when the likes of Liverpool come calling it's hard for the rest to hold onto the player, especially when their head had been turned.

Seems strange people are blaming Comolli now for the quality of signings when most people were crying about them signing up the likes of Woodgate, Modric and Bentley ahead of us, not to mention Corluka, Hutton, Dos Santos, Gomes and Pavlyuchenko.

Look at some of Comolli's real signings: Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Ricardo Rocha...the list goes on. All of the players you listed are established quality, except dos Santos and Gomes, who are both proving to be too lightweight and terrible, respectively. I'm talking about the ones he himself scouted out and signed up.

I hated Shepherd's guts, but the manager was autonomous and he always supplied the cash.

There's no reason Ashley can't retain control despite his unpopularity as long as he does right by the man in charge. The problem is, the man in charge is (despite his initial success) a has been. Giving him autonomy on the transfer front could be as dangerous as refusing it to Keegan long term.

He's got himself in a catch 22 situation, does he back Kinnear? Does he look for someone else? Would anyone else come? I don't see how Ashley can stay in control and keep the fans happy without Kinnear pulling something incredible out of the bag. Which is why his demands of a longer term contract don't surprise me.

As I see it, it's the only option though and Kinnear should be directed that he has maybe £10M or £15M to improve the squad in January. Money that Keegan should have had to spend in August.

I hated Shepherd's guts, but the manager was autonomous and he always supplied the cash.

There's no reason Ashley can't retain control despite his unpopularity as long as he does right by the man in charge. The problem is, the man in charge is (despite his initial success) a has been. Giving him autonomy on the transfer front could be as dangerous as refusing it to Keegan long term.

He's got himself in a catch 22 situation, does he back Kinnear? Does he look for someone else? Would anyone else come? I don't see how Ashley can stay in control and keep the fans happy without Kinnear pulling something incredible out of the bag. Which is why his demands of a longer term contract don't surprise me.

As I see it, it's the only option though and Kinnear should be directed that he has maybe £10M or £15M to improve the squad in January. Money that Keegan should have had to spend in August.

WRT Shepherd, by autonomous of course I mean apart from the chairman himself who signed and sold without the managers input.

aye there is, he can hire 30 of the worlds nicest lasses and they can all lick my fucking balls and ill shag them all over then he can bring in Mourinho and then he can lick my fucking balls and then ill forgive him

aye there is, he can hire 30 of the worlds nicest lasses and they can all lick my fucking balls and ill shag them all over then he can bring in Mourinho and then he can lick my fucking balls and then ill forgive him

I'd like to twice this :icon_lol:

I'd like to twice this lick your balls :icon_lol:

FYP

I'd like you to twice this lick my balls :icon_lol:

FYP

twice?