We interviewed Martin Jol?

Craig

Interesting note at the top of .COM's page today...

An interesting quote in Friday's papers, taken from an interview with Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy:

"...Martin [Jol] went for a job interview at Newcastle [in May 2006] while he was employed by us. Martin did it in a hotel in the centre of town."

If the claim and the timing are accurate, that places Newcastle's approach to Jol at the time that caretaker boss Glenn Roeder had led them to seventh place and moves were afoot to appoint him permanently.

:icon_lol:

Interesting note at the top of .COM's page today...

An interesting quote in Friday's papers, taken from an interview with Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy:

"...Martin [Jol] went for a job interview at Newcastle [in May 2006] while he was employed by us. Martin did it in a hotel in the centre of town."

If the claim and the timing are accurate, that places Newcastle's approach to Jol at the time that caretaker boss Glenn Roeder had led them to seventh place and moves were afoot to appoint him permanently.

:icon_lol:

It loses credibility around here

I don't know which is worse - the idea that we didn't look beyond Roeder and just gave him the job, or we did look at and even interview other people and then still gave him it.

May mate text me at the time and gave me every single word of the interview between both parties, I also know what Jol and the Newcastle representatives were drinking and I have the receipt for the entire evening kept in a draw.

I just thought now was the best time to bring it up.