Kinnear reveals Newcastle 'D-Day'

Craig

Newcastle United's interim manager Joe Kinnear says the club's future will become clearer after their trip to play Chelsea on 22 November.

Owner Mike Ashley put the Magpies up for sale in September but, despite reported interest, there have been no firm bids for the St James' Park side.

Kinnear said: "I know that after the Chelsea match it is D-day. After that it will all be revealed.

"Either the club will be sold or they have changed their minds."

Until his side travel to Stamford Bridge, Kinnear's own future remains up in the air.

He has been at St James' Park on a rolling monthly contract since 26 September but knows a new owner could signal the end of his reign.

And the former Wimbledon and Nottingham Forest boss admits he has no idea who the potential buyers of Newcastle are, or whether the club will end up being sold.

"I've always said I would honour what I do," added Kinnear.

"In the short term I will do my best but it might get sold under my feet. We've had Russians and South Africans but nobody has stepped up. But your guess is as good as mine.

"Myself, Mike Ashley, (executive director, football) Dennis Wise and (managing director) Derek Llambias will all sit down and talk."

Kinnear, however, also wants to know if he will have money to spend in the January transfer window if the current regime do keep control of the club.

The 61-year-old explained: "I have asked if there is a 'game plan' if the club isn't sold. Obviously if I do stay I would like finances."

And he feels the club's future needs to be sorted out as soon as possible.

"We need to have clear-the-air talks," Kinnear added. "That would be good for all of us. Myself, the players, the fans and everybody associated with the club."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7703018.stm

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

The man is either a fucking liability (which i doubt otherwise he would have been kicked to shit after the first time) or (more likely) hes being told to say these things. Things that are clearly untrue otherwise Ashley would be saying them himself.

The trouble is theres a couple of thousand who will lap this up and believe all thats said then knock those that disagree with it.

This deadline is a bit like a Mark Viduka return date. I assume it's just going to be moved back 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks until apathy sets in.

This deadline is a bit like a Mark Viduka return date. I assume it's just going to be moved back 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks until apathy sets in.

Yup, each time accompanied by some wailing and gnashing of teeth as to how its everyones fault but Mikes. My worry now is that he makes one bad bet too far and bankrupts himself, where does that leave us then?

Yup, each time accompanied by some wailing and gnashing of teeth as to how its everyones fault but Mikes. My worry now is that he makes one bad bet too far and bankrupts himself, where does that leave us then?

At least if he did do that he'd probably have to sell for a reasonable price. I'd be pissing myself laughing if it happened when he had sold us.

Was thinking the same thing. I find it a bit concerning that nothing regarding news has come from the club itself but instead through Kinnear. You would think that even Joe would realize that so far, nothing he has said has come true but has been delayed. He (like everyone else) is losing credibility.

Not trying to be clever or anything (because I think it was fairly obvious) but I thought the first statement he issued was total bollocks at the time (i.e. sale imminent, KK about to return etc.). He was obviously told to say it though. What it tells me is just what a lying, fat cunt our owner is. Just in case that was in any doubt.

Not trying to be clever or anything (because I think it was fairly obvious) but I thought the first statement he issued was total bollocks at the time (i.e. sale imminent, KK about to return etc.). He was obviously told to say it though. What it tells me is just what a lying, fat cunt our owner is. Just in case that was in any doubt.

Strange to believe but there are actually some with those doubts. :icon_lol::

People are blaming KK even more now imo. Yet everything that has come out of the club since he went has been lies fed to Kinnear for him to pass on. So you'd think it might be safe to assume the owner's been lying all along. And there's loads of stuff seems to have been forgotten about. The Michael Owen contract offer - what the fuck's happened to that? The 'It is a fact that...' bit of propaganda. Not to mention the numerous post-Keegan's exit club statements that contradicted what had been said previously (like in Ashley's interview in the club magazine). They seem treating us like idiots; although it's fucking appropriate in many cases. If I'm being honest the attitude of many supporters makes me fucking sick.

People are blaming KK even more now imo. Yet everything that has come out of the club since he went has been lies fed to Kinnear for him to pass on. So you'd think it might be safe to assume the owner's been lying all along. And there's loads of stuff seems to have been forgotten about. The Michael Owen contract offer - what the fuck's happened to that? The 'It is a fact that...' bit of propaganda. Not to mention the numerous post-Keegan's exit club statements that contradicted what had been said previously (like in Ashley's interview in the club magazine). They seem treating us like idiots; although it's fucking appropriate in many cases. If I'm being honest the attitude of many supporters makes me fucking sick.

Nail on the head.

Feel a little bad for him. He's obviously been told to spout forth this shite and who can blame him? It's the only job he's had in four years. If he really wants to stay in the game, this is his last chance and of course he'll do whatever the man who's paying him says to do.

Fantastic post

Has he fuck changed his mind.

Just no one in their right mind is going to pay the price for the club (which would have been steep if we'd been sitting 6th with Keegan in charge and a good summer - never mind now with the current abortion) which he is asking.

It's only taken him 2 months to figure this out and is now :icon_lol:-ing himself in case he sees the whole thing go down the drain. :)

It's all "closing down sale now on" gibberish.

People buy that (figuratively and literally) and he's probably right that many will buy this as well.

Fantastic post

Seconded.

or on the other hand the club was never up for sale in the first place and all this was a set up to let the shit over KK leaving settle down. He'll then come out and say with the credit crunch no one will buy the club so I'll be staying and like it or lump it I'll do it my way, those supporters who aren't happy can fuck off and for those who'll watch cardboard figures in NUFC shirts I'll screw you for every penny you've got

or on the other hand the club was never up for sale in the first place and all this was a set up to let the shit over KK leaving settle down. He'll then come out and say with the credit crunch no one will buy the club so I'll be staying and like it or lump it I'll do it my way, those supporters who aren't happy can fuck off and for those who'll watch cardboard figures in NUFC shirts I'll screw you for every penny you've got

I think the rumours have been right and the club has always been up for sale, for the right price.

It's just the right price has been so stupidly high no one has even thought about it, even prior to the financial system seizing up.