Cheap Beer

jaythesouthernmag

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4% stuff is shit imo. The other stuff is alright, although if you can get the imported bottles with the funny labels (that go to the top of the bottle top) it's a decent beer imo. They've got some in the Nisa in Forest Hall btw :icon_lol:

The 4% stuff is shit imo. The other stuff is alright, although if you can get the imported bottles with the funny labels (that go to the top of the bottle top) it's a decent beer imo. They've got some in the Nisa in Forest Hall btw :)

Canny trek like from West Sussex. :icon_lol:

It`s 33p a can, If you dont like it give it to the in-laws when they pop round at christmas

just been trick or treated as I pulled up in the car, had no sweets so I give the lads dad a four pack

I'll just stand there with a bottle of Krusovice at Xmas then and hand any guests cans of Skol :icon_lol:

Job done.

Booze is the best way of numbing the sheeple to the financial meltdown they're facing. </fop>

I'll just stand there with a bottle of Krusovice at Xmas then and hand any guests cans of Skol :lol:

Job done.

I love going to my parents' for Christmas, seeing what muck they've got stacked up in the garage under the guise of festive drinks and having to come up with new and interesting ways of explaining why I immediately go out and buy some decent stuff instead. :lol:

It`s 33p a can, If you dont like it give it to the in-laws when they pop round at christmas

just been trick or treated as I pulled up in the car, had no sweets so I give the lads dad a four pack

I'll just stand there with a bottle of Krusovice at Xmas then and hand any guests cans of Skol :lol:

Job done.

:lol:

Gotta agree hate Stella

only time i drank it was in the local Indie club when it was a quid a bottle on student nights

Sainsburys here have a great offer atm

20x 275ml Cans of either Carlsberg, Harp, or Tennents, 3 Crates for £20

Like I said before, UK brewed Stella is nowt special but fuck me, Carlsberg, Harp and Tennent's? :lol: Absolute piss. Fair enough, that offer is cheap. But you'd actually have to want to drink that stuff to make if a decent offer.

Gotta agree hate Stella

only time i drank it was in the local Indie club when it was a quid a bottle on student nights

Sainsburys here have a great offer atm

20x 275ml Cans of either Carlsberg, Harp, or Tennents, 3 Crates for £20

Like I said before, UK brewed Stella is nowt special but fuck me, Carlsberg, Harp and Tennent's? :lol: Absolute piss. Fair enough, that offer is cheap. But you'd actually have to want to drink that stuff to make if a decent offer.

haha true

i'm a whiskey drinker anyways so doesn't fuss me

What do you drink btw? I've only really drank Scottish stuff in the main although Bushmills Malt is very nice.

Edited by alex

When it comes to beer, I very rarely shy away from Becks (which I accept a lot of people can't stand).

Stella to me is just fucking chemical and a headache in a bottle. Although to be fair Alex, I've only ever drunk the stuff brewed over here. Is the French stuff that much better?

Other tipple is Jack Daniels. :D

When it comes to beer, I very rarely shy away from Becks (which I accept a lot of people can't stand).

Stella to me is just fucking chemical and a headache in a bottle. Although to be fair Alex, I've only ever drunk the stuff brewed over here. Is the French stuff that much better?

Other tipple is Jack Daniels. :woosh:

It's Belgian you tit :D I just think it tastes discernibly nicer. It's obviously similar but it doesn't have that shitty taste and the hangover isn't as bad either. Presumably the water source is the difference. It's difficult to get here now though. Beck's is good stuff as well (only ever brewed in Germany, no coincidence). Even something like 1664, which is bland as fuck if you get the stuff over here is a genuinely nice lager if you get it in France. Stronger as well. Same goes for Grolsch, the proper Dutch stuff is different class. I'm not sure if it's catering to the bland British beer drinkers' palates or what but it can't just be a coincidence.

Other tipple is Jack Daniels. :D

It's Belgian you tit :woosh: I just think it tastes discernibly nicer. It's obviously similar but it doesn't have that shitty taste and the hangover isn't as bad either. Presumably the water source is the difference. It's difficult to get here now though. Beck's is good stuff as well (only ever brewed in Germany, no coincidence). Even something like 1664, which is bland as fuck if you get the stuff over here is a genuinely nice lager if you get it in France. Stronger as well. Same goes for Grolsch, the proper Dutch stuff is different class. I'm not sure if it's catering to the bland British beer drinkers' palates or what but it can't just be a coincidence.

maybe just doesn't travel well

the same with Guinness, tastes alot better closer to Dublin...

Eh? :D How would that work? It's the UK-brewed stuff that tastes shit. Keep up man. Have you been drinking? :scratchchin:

Other tipple is Jack Daniels. :scratchchin:

It's Belgian you tit :D I just think it tastes discernibly nicer. It's obviously similar but it doesn't have that shitty taste and the hangover isn't as bad either. Presumably the water source is the difference. It's difficult to get here now though. Beck's is good stuff as well (only ever brewed in Germany, no coincidence). Even something like 1664, which is bland as fuck if you get the stuff over here is a genuinely nice lager if you get it in France. Stronger as well. Same goes for Grolsch, the proper Dutch stuff is different class. I'm not sure if it's catering to the bland British beer drinkers' palates or what but it can't just be a coincidence.

:woosh:

Agree with the general sentiments. My brother says Carlsberg is a whole different beer if you're over in Copenhagen.

You're right about Becks only being imported. And it shows IMO.

Has anyone read that book by the same people as The Burglar's Dog about different kinds of drink?

No. Any good?

Nop. I was asking. :D

If I do read it, I'll let you know.

Agree with the general sentiments. My brother says Carlsberg is a whole different beer if you're over in Copenhagen.

Except of this horrible Four stuff that is solely produced for you philistines.

Vier? That stuff is rubbish.

Vier? That stuff is rubbish.

Ja.