The Annual How's Your Other Team Doing Thread

Kid Dynamite

It's been a typically frustrating season at Aberdeen. Still got a chance to get into Europe via the league, but they've been stuttering like hell. They put in their best performance in years and wiped the floor with Celtic in January, beating them 4-2. Since then there's been 1 win (a 1-0 home win against Hamilton) and they've been pathetic.

To top it all off, they drew 1-1 at Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup quarter final, and then embarrassed themselves at home live on Sky in one of the worst matches to watch in history. 0-0 after 120 minutes and then got beat on penalties.

Nice to see us keeping up the tradition of making twats of ourselves on Sky in the Scottish Cup after last years mental 4-3 loss against Queen of the South in the semis! I was unfortunately at that one and it was insane. My old man came with us and fucked off for something to eat at half time. It was 1-1. When he got back to his seat it was about 8 minutes into the second half and we were 3-2 down. :lol: Total madness. After 45 minutes it was 1-1 and after 60 minutes it was 4-3.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then embarrassed themselves at home live on Sky in one of the worst matches to watch in history. 0-0 after 120 minutes and then got beat on penalties.

:lol: Guess what game I decided to go along to.

It's been a typically frustrating season at Aberdeen.

My local team .. St Johnstone .. are sitting top of the Scottish First Division and favourites to get promoted to the SPL.

My "other" team .. Hibernian .. are currently gash, under the leadership of Mixu Paatalainen!!

I never had 'another team' until last season. Thanks to Setanta, and their coverage of the Blue Sq League, (and a certain babe on here :lol: ) I started watching out for Torquay United!!!!!!!!!1111 :blush::jesuswept:

Good choice sweetie :lol: We're live on Setanta tonight away at Burton Albion. Didnt think this would be possible a few weeks back but automatic promotion is still possible. So get comfy on your sofa Snakey and cheer us on!! xx

• 1 month later...

The other Newcastle is on the verge of making it through to the knockout stages of the Asian Champions league as they continue playing through the off-season.

Team I play for had a fun game on Sunday, one of our midfielders snapped the leg of one of the opposition, clean through, 40 minutes into the match - game abandoned and 0-1 result to them.

Poor bastard had to lie there in the middle of the pitch in the dirt for almost two hours with two ambulances turning up just to give him enough drugs so they could turn the bottom half of the leg back around before splinting it and taking him to hospital.

Ohh its a nail biting week to be sure, what with the Toon and Torquay V Cambridge play off final on Sunday :yahoo::boogie:

Its sad to say I have a soft spot for Torquay whenever I see them playing now :nufc::rolleyes:

Blyth stayed up on the penultimate game of the season. Mick Tait has managed both Hartlepool and Darlo recentlyish so hopefully hel have some decent connections when it comes to getting loan players in. With a bit of money in the bank hopefully wel be challenging for the playoffs next year if we can keep the likes of Pell/Bell on a contract.

Get to see a decent level of football at Gateshead next year too. Blue Star are promoted, Whitley bay won the vase, Durham won their league. Good times for non league football in the region :rolleyes:

My 'other' team got beaten by Sheff Utd last night. Ah well, another season of Championship football....

I remember you saying before actually Craig, aren't your family from Preston?

Dundalk won 1-0 at the weekend, up to 6th (out of 10) after 11 games. Big derby away to Drogheda United (former mags Joe Kendrick and Guy Bates were with them a couple of years ago) on Friday night.

My 'other' team got beaten by Sheff Utd last night. Ah well, another season of Championship football....

I remember you saying before actually Craig, aren't your family from Preston?

I originally come from Kendal - my Grandad was a life-long PNE fan and was responsible for getting me into football so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. My uncle supports them too so often have good craic with him about football.

I guess my love for Newcastle was born out of the fact it was my local club. My Dad supported Blackpool as a lad and my Mam Everton!

ha! :rolleyes:

shame actually a burnley preston final would've been incredible

ha! :yahoo:

shame actually a burnley preston final would've been incredible

Would have been superb actually. :rolleyes:

The other Newcastle is on the verge of making it through to the knockout stages of the Asian Champions league as they continue playing through the off-season.

Since posting this earlier today, it looks like Newcastle's players are going to strike for the last group game over a wage dispute!

They only need a point and they are through :rolleyes:

How fucking typical Newcastle is that!!!

No midfield to speak of, lack of organization at the back, constantly bailed out by one of the better keepers in the league, strikers playing like two islands trying to catch long clearances..... sound familiar? :rolleyes:

No wins, two draws, three losses, but only one home game so far.... (which was lost 3-2 on a 90th minute penalty.)

Hopefully we can turn it around. :yahoo: