The Annual How's Your Other Team Doing Thread

Kid Dynamite

No midfield to speak of, lack of organization at the back, constantly bailed out by one of the better keepers in the league, strikers playing like two islands trying to catch long clearances..... sound familiar? :rolleyes:

No wins, two draws, three losses, but only one home game so far.... (which was lost 3-2 on a 90th minute penalty.)

Hopefully we can turn it around. :yahoo:

cisse and jones can't stand each other apparently. ...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh its a nail biting week to be sure, what with the Toon and Torquay V Cambridge play off final on Sunday :boogie::nufc:

Its sad to say I have a soft spot for Torquay whenever I see them playing now :yahoo::yahoo:

Dont be ashamed, nothing wrong with that, its a great little club! So get your yellow undies on and cheer us on Setanta on Sunday :rolleyes:

Ohh its a nail biting week to be sure, what with the Toon and Torquay V Cambridge play off final on Sunday :nufc::yahoo:

Its sad to say I have a soft spot for Torquay whenever I see them playing now :dancing::boogie:

Dont be ashamed, nothing wrong with that, its a great little club! So get your yellow undies on and cheer us on Setanta on Sunday :rolleyes:

All my undies are yellow :nufc::yahoo:

Ohh its a nail biting week to be sure, what with the Toon and Torquay V Cambridge play off final on Sunday :nufc::yahoo:

Its sad to say I have a soft spot for Torquay whenever I see them playing now :dancing::boogie:

All my undies are yellow :nufc::yahoo:

Eeewwww :nufc:

Hebburn Town finished 10th in the Northern League this season. Their ground is right next to my house so I occasionally go along. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackas

For the second year running, AFC Wimbledon have won the fair play title for the league in which they have competed.

The results of the Football Conference Sportsmanship awards sponsored by Sports 360 have been announced, and the Dons were one of only three teams in the Blue Square South with sufficient points at the end of the season to qualify for a share of the prize money, proportionate to the number of points they had left. (Points were deducted from a starting total of 54, one point for each yellow card and three for each red.) As a result we will collect £2,142.86.

Terry Brown – who all season has spoken about the need for the team to maintain its discipline – was delighted. “I definitely think that discipline goes hand in hand with success, and I’m very proud of the way my players have conducted themselves over the past two seasons.

“Fair play is very much a part of this club’s ethos, and it’s something we will strive to continue next season.”

:o

They've also had to release 9 of their players, some have been pivotal to the leagues success. Tom Davis and Jason Goodleaf in particular. They're saying that they want to get full-Pros who are young and still hungry. Seems like a sound strategy but it's sad to see the likes of Tom Davis miss out on comparative big time with the club he'd been so important to this season.

Must be awful to celebrate such a massive success, only to have that sweet victory soured by the termination of your contract.

pre-match:

learned one of our original members of our supporter group and close friend had a heart attack and passed away...

match:

won 2-1... same two goal scorers from our previous home fixture...

post-match:

got to chat with brent sancho... former timbers player... many of you will remember him from the world cup and the peter crouch incident...

3533152186_73349a613c.jpg3533187738_263152a57f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
That's a weird looking pitch!

looks like that wierd artificial stuff with little rubber bits in it they use in JJB soccerdomes

My other team is the MK Dons :wub: Dad's been living there for the last 5 years or so and I've been to see many of their matches including the JPT final last season. Missed out on the playoff final with a penalty shootout loss to Scunthorpe. Shame really, would have loved to see Toon v MK Dons.

My other team is the MK Dons :lol: Dad's been living there for the last 5 years or so and I've been to see many of their matches including the JPT final last season. Missed out on the playoff final with a penalty shootout loss to Scunthorpe. Shame really, would have loved to see Toon v MK Dons.

Don't call them "Dons" MK, fine, fair enough. But Dons is from Wimbledon, and they're not Wimbledon. :lol:

They're a Franchise team and for that they should burn in the fires of hell.

AFC FTW :wub:

Haha, I'm not into the whole debate about Wimbledon v MK ( :lol: ), just support them cause of my dad. I wasn't even around to see Wimbledon in their prime tbh.

:wub:

good lad :lol:

I second what The Fish said about FC Franchise. I'm surprised they are still going, as I remember living in nearby Bedford, where everyone supports the big name London teams, Liverpool, Man Utd etc. as well as the odd Luton fan. I think people who go to Milton Keynes because they can't afford or get to Liverpool and the other teams,