The Annual How's Your Other Team Doing Thread

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland avoided relegation :lol:

JOKE

Every time I look at your ava it looks like the big bird thing is standing on top of a fancy phone box.

My other team is Montrose FC. Scottish 3rd Division. Pish team but their is no fun in just supporting a big team winning all the time is their. Still undergoing a transition period where the club has finally decided that stability is the way forward, it's just a shame that we don't have any finances at all.

My other team is Montrose FC. Scottish 3rd Division. Pish team but their is no fun in just supporting a big team winning all the time is their. Still undergoing a transition period where the club has finally decided that stability is the way forward, it's just a shame that we don't have any finances at all.

:lol:

yeah we hope for the real stuff in 2011...

I do hope so. Portland's turf is absolutely abysmal. It's not even the newer, nicer, turf; it's the old crap (unless they've done anything to it since I was there?)

the portland fans deserve better, but at least there isn't a permanent gridiron on it.

Edited by Zathras

:lol:

Ha don't ask, late nights and early starts don't seem to agree with the section of the brain used for spelling and grammar.

Mainz are back in the big time (well, the 1. Liga). Which is nice.

:D

Cheers. :lol: I should be happier, but obviously there have been other footballing priorities in recent weeks. It's nice to see there's life after Jürgen Klopp, anyway...

Don't call them "Dons" MK, fine, fair enough. But Dons is from Wimbledon, and they're not Wimbledon. :lol:

What about teams from Kingston?

moving back to Plough lane so ... stfu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Don't call them "Dons" MK, fine, fair enough. But Dons is from Wimbledon, and they're not Wimbledon. :lol:

Where did you get that from? Drove past it about a month ago, big fat block of flats there now...

Kingsmeadow is fine, I went to see AFC vs Dorchester. Danny Kedwell scored a cracker.

Well Blyth are having a pretty shit off season. We made £400k last year, weve hired a manager with lots of league experience, but weve let half the team go and replaced them with no-one! Sound familiar?

At the minute theres rumours that 3 BSN clubs could be starting on point deductions so expect Blyth to finish 4th bottom next season.

Where did you get that from? Drove past it about a month ago, big fat block of flats there now...

Kingsmeadow is fine, I went to see AFC vs Dorchester. Danny Kedwell scored a cracker.

Not for this season apparently.

And Danny Kedwell is a machine.

Whats not for this season? Kings Meadow?

Merton council will never allow AFC to demolish the housing to rebuild Plough Lane. Someone mentioned the dog track, thats more believable.

Whats not for this season? Kings Meadow?

Merton council will never allow AFC to demolish the housing to rebuild Plough Lane. Someone mentioned the dog track, thats more believable.

Be at Kingsmeadow this season, and by Plough Lane I did mean the space beside the flats, not demolishing that lot.

Chatting to a few more people, who're more in the know than I am and it seems that Plough lane is the first choice, but there's a few others. Kingsmeadow definitely looks like it'll be losing the Dons soon ish.

• 2 months later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_...and/8280038.stm

Cup match-fixing probe launched

Police have confirmed they are investigating a complaint of match-fixing.

It follows the Scottish Cup tie between Hawick Royal Albert and Huntly on Saturday.

Hawick, who play in the East of Scotland League, lost the match 7-0 to their Highland League opponents.

It is claimed several bets were placed at high odds, predicting the exact score, and also backing Hawick to concede a penalty.

Secretary insists no wrong-doing at Hawick

Hawick club secretary, Douglas Purves, confirmed an internal investigation had been launched into the match-fixing claim.

"The club will move into a full investigation," he said.

"My intention is to go to the training ground tonight to interview all the players who were involved in the game.

"The club didn't know anything about it and can not make any statement until further notice."

The Scottish Football Association (SFA) has said it will co-operate fully with the investigation by Lothian and Borders Police.

Chief Executive Gordon Smith said it would take action against anyone found guilty of match-fixing.

He said: "There would probably have to be sanctions against any guilty parties but I would hope it would be untrue.

"There is a police investigation into it and we at the SFA will help in any way we can, but this goes a bit beyond us.

"Match fixing is very distasteful and unacceptable so we certainly hope that it proves to be a wrong allegation, but we'll wait and see."

Betting patterns

James McKay, chairman of Huntly Supporters' Club, told BBC Scotland: "We certainly weren't tipped a wink."

Graham Sharpe from bookmakers William Hill said it was too early to say whether there had been any irregular betting patterns in connection with the game.

"We are going back and taking a look," he said.

However, he said bookmakers would not take bets worth thousands of pounds on Scottish Cup games such as this fixture.

The match was one of 17 first round ties played in the competition at the weekend.

Hawick Royal Albert currently sit at the bottom of the East of Scotland League first division.

They have lost six of their seven league matches so far this season.

I went to school in Huntly and used to work with a Huntly player and his brother.