The Annual How's Your Other Team Doing Thread

Kid Dynamite

fwiw AFC Wimbledon are sitting third at the minute with some creditable results and some decent play. Their new signings of Wellard, Moore and Montague seem to have taken to the Wombles pretty quickly and if Danny Kedwell keeps banging in the goals, they should survive their first year at this level, which would be a fantastic achievement.

No idea what they'd do if they were promoted though. I'm not sure if Kingsmeadow is good enough for the football league, and I doubt they could buy/build a stadium up to scratch in an off season :lol:

I don't know enough but what would the options be? ground share? Go into debt to obtain a stadium? expand Kingsmeadow?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the new season last Saturday. Won the match after an obvious handball in the box was spotted by the ref. Here is the handball and the celebrations afterwards.

Also designs for the remodel of our stadium is starting to be published.

4516067268_e530795a7a_b.jpg

4533110584_3ff534fc0f_b.jpg

4532519719_1c09aa3014_b.jpg

Mainz have had a good first season back in the top flight. Secured safety relatively easily, now sitting pretty in 10th.

St. Pauli have been flirting with promotion from the 2. Liga all season - currently in 2nd but apparently determined to throw it away still. Fingers crossed.

But frankly who gives a flying one about second teams on a night like this. ;)

St. Pauli have been flirting with promotion from the 2. Liga all season - currently in 2nd but apparently determined to throw it away still. Fingers crossed.

One of the new players made 40 appearances there.

Is that furthest end-stand empty bar a screen?

not sure I like the idea of that at all.

I do not like it either... They say temporary seating will go there for the big matches and a stage for concerts... There has also been discussions that they are going to put terraces in the North End...

Glory-logo-2009.png

In the A League we have a play-off system where the top six (out of 11) teams at the end of the home-and-away season play off to reach the grand final.

Back in 2004, the old NSL turned into the A League.

I tell you this becuase this year Glory made it into the play-offs for the first time since the inception of the A League... only to tonk it in first round of play-offs in a penalty shootout against the NZ team. ;)

So, in other words, an improvement over the last 5 years ... but still shite.

• 2 months later...
Don't call them "Dons" MK, fine, fair enough. But Dons is from Wimbledon, and they're not Wimbledon. :(

What about teams from Kingston?

moving back to Plough lane so ... stfu

Where did you get that from? Drove past it about a month ago, big fat block of flats there now...

Kingsmeadow is fine, I went to see AFC vs Dorchester. Danny Kedwell scored a cracker.

Not for this season apparently.

And Danny Kedwell is a machine.

Whats not for this season? Kings Meadow?

Merton council will never allow AFC to demolish the housing to rebuild Plough Lane. Someone mentioned the dog track, thats more believable.

Beleive Tesco's have first refusal. not sure mind.

• 2 weeks later...

got beat by manchester city 3-nil in a friendly that the front office set up for the season ticket holders... still had a great day... woke up at 6 am and started with a pint & a shot of whiskey... by the time the 7 pm kickoff came i was hammered... i ran into shay given and craig bellamy... shay was super nice to talk to... had some great comments about :lol: and the supporters... gave me a hug before getting on the bus... bellamy was an absolute TWAT...

4810411798_94d3666eb0_z.jpg4810411820_e3eba481c3_z.jpg

Burnley have signed a few good proven CCC players, all of whom have been promoted before as well as keeping chris eagles from going to Rangers

they wouldnt be a bad shout to come straight back up if laws can continue his good transfer judgement into the season

Burnley have signed a few good proven CCC players, all of whom have been promoted before as well as keeping chris eagles from going to Rangers

they wouldnt be a bad shout to come straight back up if laws can continue his good transfer judgement into the season

Shame he can't manage though.

Good chance Eagles could end up else were if Rangers could afford the fee.

Guest Gordon McKeag
got beat by manchester city 3-nil in a friendly that the front office set up for the season ticket holders... still had a great day... woke up at 6 am and started with a pint & a shot of whiskey... by the time the 7 pm kickoff came i was hammered... i ran into shay given and craig bellamy... shay was super nice to talk to... had some great comments about :lol: and the supporters... gave me a hug before getting on the bus... bellamy was an absolute TWAT...

4810411798_94d3666eb0_z.jpg4810411820_e3eba481c3_z.jpg

What did Bellamy say?

Back on topic.

Aberdeen have Lee Hendrie on trail.

Does that mean he's being dragged behind a truck? Hope so anyway.