The Annual How's Your Other Team Doing Thread

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have recently change the name of the local club from Miami FC to the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers to go back to the team that was here during the NASL days... even going back to the red and yellow hooped kits. 5017fullimage.jpg As a campaign, the club hosted a pub crawl which stopped by the one we were watching the toon v everton match and they made quite the impression. Season tickets are only a 100 dollars so I might give it a go.

• 5 weeks later...

PTFC won 4-2. The atmosphere was un-fucking-real, and I mean the whole day. Pubs were packed 8 hours before kickoff. Chanting, clapping, & pogo-ing in the streets. Beautiful new renovation to the stadium. Going into the new stadium for the first time was indescribable. I literally had to sit down and soak it all in. I will even admit I teared up. There is so many small details to the stadium that proves our owner understands what we want. Our tifo crew was outstanding. This was the best we got to see our team play so far this season. I predict they will go on a nice little winning streak. Even after their loss the Chicago supporters and players left the stadium with smiles and stories they will tell over and over again. Still have not totally recovered from the festivities. Messed my lower back up pretty good. No clue how it happened. I blame all of the pints. Last night our supporters group and the supporters from Chicago held a party. 1 dj from there and 2 from here. They spun soul music all night. Tonight I am off to a 5th annual season kick-off show that the Timbers Army is throwing. 4 punk bands for this.

then tomorrow back down to he stadium to watch the team beat Dallas.

-9cb5aec53c955f19.jpg

Fort Lauderdale Strikers have played two. Lost the first game and earned a draw in the second game in injury time with a penalty. Now the team is on a road trip for about a month before coming home and playing the "derby" match against Tampa Bay.

Similar thing happened last year, didn't it - but it was too late on in the season to push for the playoffs. Looking good this year, mind, as Cardiff still have to play QPR

Edited by JonGoodwyn

There's always a late-season surge from all the playoff teams, but not usually on this sort of scale. All down to Kebe's form IMO, he's finally looking like a decent winger.

I think Cardiff might just do enough though, but Reading are a threat, so could well go up through the playoffs.

The MLS season has only recently started but Houston Dynamo got off to a shite start but have won the last two games back to back, the standard is shockingly shite, I'd put it about league 2 standard.

my other team is Brighton and they doing great. they have won the league 1 championship with 5 games left. they are looking at breaking the 100 point barrier. things are looking up the club. they are going up to the championship and moving into a new 22,500 seater stadium. its a big step up compared to the 6,000 stadium they are playing at know. they have already sold 16,000 season tickets for next season already even though this ones not even finished. gus poyet is their manager

St. Pauli are going down, unfortunately...

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

If you don't say it, it may not happen :)

And for the Portland Timbers supporter, don't you guys have a mackem association?!??

• 4 weeks later...