Flip Throw Ins.

Tom

he done it in an Angle Italian iirc also done it at Ayresome Park, and Beardo's testimonial

Paddy even though you like living in Blackburn, I've always said you're no mug. It;s nice to see proper people are still about.

I couldn't care less what you think to be honest.

I look forward to reading ''How To Spell Howey : A definitive history of Newcastle United''

Tedious and boring and you should be embarrassed, fall off that high horse and break your neck on the way.

Wind your neck in ffs.

Am not gonna say he didnt dee it AIC, cos a went to neither game. One o them games Oliver Bierhoff turned oot. What I will say is I reckon people are getting mixed up wi the pre season tournament with Sporting Lisbon in 92. We were winnning 3-0 at HT and lost 3-5 a young Luis Figo played too.

I couldn't care less what you think to be honest.

I look forward to reading ''How To Spell Howey : A definitive history of Newcastle United''

Tedious and boring and you should be embarrassed, fall off that high horse and break your neck on the way.

Wind your neck in ffs.

You know I get wound up and you dangled the carrot :icon_lol:

he done it in an Angle Italian iirc also done it at Ayresome Park, and Beardo's testimonial

Paddy even though you like living in Blackburn, I've always said you're no mug. It;s nice to see proper people are still about.

:icon_lol: ahhh i feel accepted :lol:

that Boro game will always stick in my head, my mates dad drove down and parked right outside the Holgate end!!!! :) we got out the back to be greeted by loads of nappyrippers laughing that we had parked there, needless to say we moved BLOODY QUICK!!

cheers Stevie

WWWOOOWWWW hold on a fucking minute!! i hate living in Blackburn! (just noticed that ) :icon_lol:

I think Watson was stopped from doing it because the insurance wouldn't pay out if he got injured or something like that. At times btw under KK last time round we didn't even bother with a reserve keeper because Watson meant to be class in goal as well. Just about the only position he didn't play for us.

I think Watson was stopped from doing it because the insurance wouldn't pay out if he got injured or something like that. At times btw under KK last time round we didn't even bother with a reserve keeper because Watson meant to be class in goal as well. Just about the only position he didn't play for us.

god yeah, he was mr versitile, i rememeer seeing him and Clarkie out in Ritzy LC wearing a suit jacket with THE BIGGEST shoulder pads i have ever seen and SW clad head to toe in stonewashed denim :lol:

god yeah, he was mr versitile, i rememeer seeing him and Clarkie out in :lol: Ritzy LC wearing a suit jacket with THE BIGGEST shoulder pads i have ever seen and SW clad head to toe in stonewashed denim :lol:

The Ritzy pmsl ;) I remember one time I went there with loads of kids from school when I was about 15, and there was this black kid called Peter, he was SWP black not Rio black, good kid as well, and we were upstairs and it really was dark as fuck, no one had seen Peter for about 20 minutes, and then all I seen was this floating pair of teeth, it was so fuckin funny.

Alex, am sure Watson had to go in when someone got injured, I can't think who it was against, I remember Brock had to go in one time too.

Edited by Stevie

Can ye remember one o the bouncers at the Ritzy, he was black and I think he was Brummie, and his hair cut was like a curly pile of shite.

god yeah, he was mr versitile, i rememeer seeing him and Clarkie out in :lol: Ritzy LC wearing a suit jacket with THE BIGGEST shoulder pads i have ever seen and SW clad head to toe in stonewashed denim :lol:

The Ritzy pmsl ;) I remember one time I went there with loads of kids from school when I was about 15, and there was this black kid called Peter, he was SWP black not Rio black, good kid as well, and we were upstairs and it really was dark as fuck, no one had seen Peter for about 20 minutes, and then all I seen was this floating pair of teeth, it was so fuckin funny.

Alex, am sure Watson had to go in when someone got injured, I can't think who it was against, I remember Brock had to go in one time too.

You might well be right Stevie. He was definitely the reserve keeper sometimes (in PL games). It would have been when it first went to 3

subs, but you didn't have to have a keeper as one of them. It just gave us more options from KK's point of view.

Edited by alex

You might well be right Stevie. He was definitely the reserve keeper sometimes (in PL games). It would have been when it first went to 2 subs, but you didn't have to have a keeper as one of them. It just gave us more options from KK's point of view.

Nah it wasn't the two subs thing. I'll tell you how I know, Gazza's last game for the toon was against West Ham, class day, and history was set because Phil Parkes became the first keeper in English football history to be on the bench. I think that was 1988, and they had another two I'm pretty sure. He was number 14, so surely there was a 12 and 13.

I meant 3 subs but it might have 4 even. Anyway, we were the only ones not including a keeper amongst our subs at the time.

Edited by alex

Can't remember Watson going in between the sticks but i do remember:

Chris Hedworth/Peter Beardsley v West Ham - April 1986

Brian Tinnion v Blackpool - October 1987

Kevin Brock v Birmingham - November 1992

Amazingly we won two of those games... the least said about the West Ham game though, the better!

Amazingly we won two of those games... the least said about the West Ham game though, the better!

Kevin Brock was badly concussed as well. Derek Wright was crouched behind the goal with smelling salts to revive him every now and then. He was taken to hospital after the game and had to stop in over night.

Kevin Brock was badly concussed as well. Derek Wright was crouched behind the goal with smelling salts to revive him every now and then. He was taken to hospital after the game and had to stop in over night.

Yep - IIRC he has no recollection of the game at all. The bit about staying in overnight isn't correct as he famously asked "do we have a game tonight?" on the coach on the way back home... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

god yeah, he was mr versitile, i rememeer seeing him and Clarkie out in :jesuswept: Ritzy LC wearing a suit jacket with THE BIGGEST shoulder pads i have ever seen and SW clad head to toe in stonewashed denim :lol:

The Ritzy pmsl :) I remember one time I went there with loads of kids from school when I was about 15, and there was this black kid called Peter, he was SWP black not Rio black, good kid as well, and we were upstairs and it really was dark as fuck, no one had seen Peter for about 20 minutes, and then all I seen was this floating pair of teeth, it was so fuckin funny.

I remember it well. :(