Kinnear: you'll change your toon about Keegan

Jimbo

JOE KINNEAR has warned Newcastle fans that Kevin Keegan’s lofty status with them may be undermined when the truth of his departure is told.

And the interim boss believes owner Mike Ashley may not be finished with the Toon.

The club is still in disarray, with Keegan embroiled in a legal battle over compensation after his exit in September.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You might be pleasantly surprised.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

“Maybe Mike Ashley will be accepted. Maybe he will come back and won’t sell the place. Maybe he will invest in the club. Who knows?

“It only needs the team to go on a small run and people will easily forget. I am saying forget, but I don’t know what the man has done.

“It is difficult. He has put £240million into the club and he can’t come and watch the team.

Crack

“But he could make his peace with the fans. It isn’t all of them. He hasn’t been given a fair crack of the whip by the Press.

“He is a down to earth fellah who loves his football. His kids love it. I don’t know what mistakes he has made because I haven’t been here to look at them.”

Ashley is struggling to find anyone to pay the £280m he wants for the club. Sources close to investment banker Keith Harris, who is trying to broker the sale, have said there were no developments last week.

A South African group who had shown interest could be about to return to the picture with fresh backing.

The uncertainty means Newcastle are likely to again be bit-part players in the transfer market in January, to the despair of their supporters.

Kinnear is on a month-to-month arrangement with Toon — but has been a hit with fans and is getting twitchy over his future.

Chase

If he is still there in the New Year, he will dispense with £5.7m Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez, who is on loan from Valencia. Both only arrived at the club in the summer.

Andy Carroll could also go out on loan, with Derby and Norwich leading the chase for his signature.

Kinnear called on the Newcastle board to open negotiations with Michael Owen, who can agree a pre-contract deal with another club in January, which would allow him to leave for nothing in the summer.

He added: “The club has to keep Michael Owen and players like him. This is a big club and Michael is a big player.

“It will cost a lot of money to replace him. I would keep him here. I feel the same way about him as Kevin Keegan.”

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JOE KINNEAR has warned Newcastle fans that Kevin Keegan’s lofty status with them may be undermined when the truth of his departure is told.

And the interim boss believes owner Mike Ashley may not be finished with the Toon.

The club is still in disarray, with Keegan embroiled in a legal battle over compensation after his exit in September.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You might be pleasantly surprised.

You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

“Maybe Mike Ashley will be accepted. Maybe he will come back and won’t sell the place. Maybe he will invest in the club. Who knows?

“It only needs the team to go on a small run and people will easily forget. I am saying forget, but I don’t know what the man has done.

“It is difficult. He has put £240million into the club and he can’t come and watch the team.

Crack

“But he could make his peace with the fans. It isn’t all of them. He hasn’t been given a fair crack of the whip by the Press.

“He is a down to earth fellah who loves his football. His kids love it. I don’t know what mistakes he has made because I haven’t been here to look at them.”

Ashley is struggling to find anyone to pay the £280m he wants for the club. Sources close to investment banker Keith Harris, who is trying to broker the sale, have said there were no developments last week.

A South African group who had shown interest could be about to return to the picture with fresh backing.

The uncertainty means Newcastle are likely to again be bit-part players in the transfer market in January, to the despair of their supporters.

Kinnear is on a month-to-month arrangement with Toon — but has been a hit with fans and is getting twitchy over his future.

Chase

If he is still there in the New Year, he will dispense with £5.7m Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez, who is on loan from Valencia. Both only arrived at the club in the summer.

Andy Carroll could also go out on loan, with Derby and Norwich leading the chase for his signature.

Kinnear called on the Newcastle board to open negotiations with Michael Owen, who can agree a pre-contract deal with another club in January, which would allow him to leave for nothing in the summer.

He added: “The club has to keep Michael Owen and players like him. This is a big club and Michael is a big player.

“It will cost a lot of money to replace him. I would keep him here. I feel the same way about him as Kevin Keegan.”

Are we to believe any of this trash, which is nothing more than yet another package of information suitably fed to us by Kinnear, Ashleys mouthpiece?

Why doesn't Ashley come out and make his own statements?

Kinnear could tell us lots of things................ I'm sure he could, but how playground is this statement, FFS grow up Kinnear and make your own words, this just illustrates Ashleys management style and the flaws KK identified when it all blew up in Ashleys face. Quite frankly I care less what JFK thinks and even less about Ashley. I do not think that KK is blameless and I guess all will be revealed. The question I would ask is, even when it all comes out, who will you believe?

Kinnear suggests we are making assumptions............... how true, of course we are, like mushrooms we have been kept in the dark and fed a load of shite, comeon Kinnear wake up, if the only communication is coming via yourself, WTF do you expect. Even though we have all made assumptions the FACT remains that our club is rapidly being demolished by a small number of irresponsible and incompetents.

Mike Ashley will be accepted.................... maybe by some but I think this has gone too far, where is the trust? I personally will never forgive, forget and my boycott of everything Ashley will last as long as I live, even when he leaves TOON I will continue to boycott the man and everything he stands for. He has thrown us into more turmoil than this club has ever known and made us the laughing stock of the footballing nation. That in my opinion is unforgivable.

Kinnear is telling us, but I don’t know what the man has done................. I can't believe that this guy can be so naive, no he is not, it's just more trash that the guy is putting out on behalf of Ashley. Statements like this anger me even more, just keep it zipped.

JFK suggests that he could make his peace with the fans.................. beyond repair IMO.

Where have we heard the likes of "dispense with £5.7m Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez" and "open negotiations with Michael Owen" and T"he club has to keep Michael Owen and players like him" His views are remarkably similar to KK, could all of this shit been avoided, MAYBE but it would have needed someone at the helm who knows what he was doing. ILL ADVISED Mr Ashley, you listened to the wrong advice. NO, there is NO WAY BACK for Mike Ashley.

Kinnear's initial kudos for his honesty is now gone for me - the bloke is a useless, over-ambitious fuckwit. One of the best things about any possible sale will be getting this fucker's name removed from Newcastle United.

One of the most important things to learn in life, is knowing when to shut up, clearly this is a lesson Kinnear has yet to learn.

Kinnear's initial kudos for his honesty is now gone for me - the bloke is a useless, over-ambitious fuckwit. One of the best things about any possible sale will be getting this fucker's name removed from Newcastle United.

Couldn't agree more, unfortunately it looks like Ashley's staying judging by the shite now being spouted

The whole thing comes from the Ashley school of writing, full of contradictions. The bloke needs to learn that acting in the way he is isnt doing him any favours.

If Mike Ashley came out and said them then Id have a little more time for listening to it, it would still be shit but at least you would know that was the statement. What we have here is a canny little get out clause. Make a statement via Kinnear then if it goes down well it will be followed up by something from MA backing it up. Go down shit and he can just say "I havent got a clue what this old twats going on about"

I feel sorry for Kinnear hes stuck in the middle, desperate for a job yet if he manages to get it he will have shat on the very people he needs the support of ie us.

Who the fuck is he to be making such comments? I wish he'd just shut the fuck up. On a side note if it doesn't get sold I hope we see more protests again like Hull, as he's still not wanted.

That's it, he's trying for the job, but he's basically saying the same things Keegan would (and any decent manager would), so at best we end up with a barely decent manager doing a job Keegan should have been allowed to do, and at worse we end up with a barely decent manager being hamstrung in the same way Keegan was.

He may reckon he's Irish or whatever, but he certainly comes out with the BS like the rest of the cockney mafia do.

Bit like Terry Mac going on about Bellamy. You know it's propaganda because he wasn't here at the time so is being told what to say. I bet the post-Chelsea match deadline gets forgotten about btw.

Edited by alex

Bit like Terry Mac going on about Bellamy. You know it's propaganda because he wasn't here at the time so is being told what to say. I bet the post-Chelsea match deadline gets forgotten about btw.

There'll be a new deadline on the horizon; carrot on a stick.

Really irritating this stuff from JK.

If this clown is still here in January we are in for a hellish second half of the season. He needs to be on his way very very soon. Of course the only way he'll go is after Ashley sells, which will never happen and was never happening, so before long it'll be 4-year contract, God save King Kinnear. :lol: :lol:

Kinnear's not really the problem though. If he had much about him he wouldn't be coming out with crap like this however. He knows nothing about what happened. As others have alluded to, where are the likes of Wise and Llambias? Those two were here at the time. I can understand them not wanting to go drinking in the Bigg Market these days but their refusal to give interviews etc. is a bit suss imo.

You mean you were happy with his honesty when you were agreeing with what he said, now he's dare to cast doubt that poor king Kev isn't the big victim that some like to think you don't want to hear it.

I hope these statements do come out and can't wait to see the reaction from the mongs who blindly back Keegan without knowing whats gone on if it does turn out that he's to blame for a lot of it.

You mean you were happy with his honesty when you were agreeing with what he said, now he's dare to cast doubt that poor king Kev isn't the big victim that some like to think you don't want to hear it.

I hope these statements do come out and can't wait to see the reaction from the mongs who blindly back Keegan without knowing whats gone on if it does turn out that he's to blame for a lot of it.

Then there's always an underlying reason why things went on, which stems back to the owner and his bunch of cronies.

No - I was happy with his honesty when he talked about how he knew he wasn't first choice and how nobody wanted him but he'd do his best.

Now he's trying to get his feet under the table and also being primed with crap to feed the media.

How does this fit in with his initial statement about 6 buyers and Keegan/Shearer coming back which was also fed to him by Llambias/Ashley?

On Keegan I've stated my position - I don't care what the exact ins and outs of the argument were about as I'm now judging Ashley by his actions as a whole and his constant stream of contradictory bullshit on a daily basis.

Personally I've never agreed nor disagreed or even believed any of the shite that either KK or the clowns currently running our club have spouted in recent months. I certainly do not think KK is the victim in any of this, the fans and the club are the victim, and as far as anything coming out and who is really to blame, the buck stops in one place as far as I'm concerned, the man running the show, the man with the purse strings. The only man who can finally say yes or no to decisions is Mike Ashley. He is the guy to blame, but no doubt there were a lot of contributing factors to what went wrong.

Even when the statements do hit the media, coming from Ashley's front man, well all i can say is.....................I BELIEVE....................NOT!