Kinnear: you'll change your toon about Keegan

Jimbo

Some on here could watch a video of KK agreeing to work with what hes given and then saying you know what fuck it Ive got my money Im off and still blame Ashley.

I suppose it's the last resort to start laying the blame at the chairman's door... by the way who was it you blamed for the current Spurs predicament?

We have been saddled with Levy long enough for his intentions to be very clear. Can you say the same?

You're right, we should give him 5 years, maybe by then he'll have come good. :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some on here could watch a video of KK agreeing to work with what hes given and then saying you know what fuck it Ive got my money Im off and still blame Ashley.

Again what exactly did Keegan do wrong?

It also says a lot that 'Arry would only go to Spuds if he was in charge IMO.

I would say only KK and Ashley really know. However if he agreed to work as a head coach rather than a manager and then fucked off because he had unrealistic expectation for signings I would say he has doner a lot wrong.

Why would he then repeatedly say (and indeed Mort and Wise say) that he had final say? If he knew all along he did not?

If Keegan was a rapist then he would be a rapist....... but there's not a shred of evidence to suggest he is a rapist....... so I ask again:

What exactly did Keegan do wrong?

Same could be said of Ashley but most have acted as judge judy and executioner in his case.

is that the same question you asked Baggy ?

Has baggy replied yet ?

Is Baggy and DannyB the same person, they both support Spurs ?

Same could be said of Ashley but most have acted as judge judy and executioner in his case.

I know you're on the Wind up so good luck but for you and the likes of the other daft twats that insist on making these assumptions heres a couple of things off the top of my head, Im sure others will be able to add more:

• Installing a DOF responsible for 1st team recruitment while "pretending" to the world he wasnt, Im not going to argue whether KK knew about it beforehand but Ashley clearly told the fans that KK was in charge of buying.
  • Lying non stop to the fans
  • Selling us 3 years season tickets with false promises (again not the KK issue but "wow" signings etc) and tying us into contracts which we cant get out of when we realise hes taken the money and ran.
  • Installing board members who have shown nothing but contempt for the fans.
  • Zero communications

In other words, no one's prepared to pay Ashley's asking price.

too right. he wants to make profit on a side that can't regularly win in the premiership, and has a team full of crocks that for the most part aren't up to doing much. if i were an outside investor I'd laugh in ashleys face.

this statement is typically anti-PR related guff thats been given to kinnear.

we are a joke.

It'll be interesting to see your opinion if Keegan was in the wrong all along btw, alex.

There is no Keegan scenario that even you could think of that would excuse Ashley's tenure at the club.

Actually, I've not really got a problem with Ashley trying to build the club back up even if it does take time and would be happy with a slow but steady improvement year after year, I've also got no problem with them finding good deals rather than spending big money on shite players to appease the fans.

I also appreciate what he's done regarding our scouting system in that under Roeder we only had one scout at the club but now we've got people scouting for us in all different country's looking to bring in quality young players, that and the fact we're on a much stronger financial footing as well as having a far superior squad compared to when he bought the club 18 months back.

If we had bought Jonas for £12 million and sold Milner for half of what we did you would be commenting on how ambitious we've been in regards to spending money, similar to how people think we were great for having a massive net spend under Souness while ignoring that we got £4 million for one of our best players, letting another go out on loan with no chance of returning and spending over the top on wank like Luque.

Lets hope that whoever comes in next spends big money out of their own pocket every season and signs players of the quality of Jonas and Coloccini every window, that and jumping up to the top 5 within 18 months, otherwise I'll expect the same level of criticism directed at them.

Yes, because a £0 transfer fund really has resulted in a slow and steady build up. More to the point if he'd managed to sell Owen and Barton at the last second he'd have more cash in his champagne fund, and we'd have an even thinner squad than we currently do.

How you defend the current set up is beyond me, at best it was well meaning, but staffed with muppets, at worst it was cynical profiteering.

And still you haven't said what Keegan did "wrong".

This is what Kinnear meant by the press not having a clue what really went on, yet idiots like yourself are happy to believe that the club tried to sell Owen and Barton because it suits your agenda.

It's been widely reported that they both were.

Where as UTTER FUCKING MORONS like yourself keep saying Keegan did "something" wrong yet are utterly unable for say what. :lol::lol:

It ought to be possible for you to disagree without resorting to name calling. I'm not condoning Baggio's outburst either.

One undeniable fact is that Keegan leaving put the club in a worse position.

That fact makes it far less likely that Owen will stay.

The knock on effects of that could be disastrous.

See. No insults, just an opinion. ;)

Again, just to repeat, I'm as pissed off with Ashley as anyone...but Keegan could hardly have picked a worse time to walk out.

I know you're on the Wind up so good luck but for you and the likes of the other daft twats that insist on making these assumptions heres a couple of things off the top of my head, Im sure others will be able to add more:

• Installing a DOF responsible for 1st team recruitment while "pretending" to the world he wasnt, Im not going to argue whether KK knew about it beforehand but Ashley clearly told the fans that KK was in charge of buying.

• Selling us 3 years season tickets with false promises (again not the KK issue but "wow" signings etc) and tying us into contracts which we cant get out of when we realise hes taken the money and ran.

• Zero communications

Keegan did this too.

I would say only KK and Ashley really know. However if he agreed to work as a head coach rather than a manager and then fucked off because he had unrealistic expectation for signings I would say he has doner a lot wrong.

And here you go again. Winding up. When the arguments hits in a bit, you'll be off. We've been over this, and not once have you replied to my arguments. You simply won't comprehend what has happend at Newcastle.

Keegan was appointed as manager. MANAGER. That was before Wise was brought into the club.

Keegan voiced his concern over the Wise situation, but was then assured - which also was announced on the clubs official website - that he, he being Keegan, had the final say in players.

The club posted on their official website, that Keegan would have a substantial transfer kitty come August. That did not happend.

The last tranfser window showed that Keegan had NO saying in what players went in and out.

Joey Barton texted Sky sports, to say, he didn't want to be sold, that why we knew they tried to sell him.

More fact. More things you can look up. You wanna let it sink in, or just fade away, and come back with another WUM thread tomorrow.

I would say only KK and Ashley really know. However if he agreed to work as a head coach rather than a manager and then f*cked off because he had unrealistic expectation for signings I would say he has doner a lot wrong.

And here you go again. Winding up. When the arguments hits in a bit, you'll be off. We've been over this, and not once have you replied to my arguments. You simply won't comprehend what has happend at Newcastle.

Keegan was appointed as manager. MANAGER. That was before Wise was brought into the club.

Keegan voiced his concern over the Wise situation, but was then assured - which also was announced on the clubs official website - that he, he being Keegan, had the final say in players.

The club posted on their official website, that Keegan would have a substantial transfer kitty come August. That did not happend.

The last tranfser window showed that Keegan had NO saying in what players went in and out.

Joey Barton texted Sky sports, to say, he didn't want to be sold, that why we knew they tried to sell him.

More fact. More things you can look up. You wanna let it sink in, or just fade away, and come back with another WUM thread tomorrow.

Del pede, sorry I haven't replied to you before, I genuinely haven't seen a post from you that would require a response.

I understand what you are saying and I think we are in essence saying the same thing.

I believe KK did have the final say in whether the players he was presented with signed or not. The problem with that is a manager is never going to turn down a player. Why would he?

The real question is did KK agree to work within Ashleys policy of buying young players with potential that will appreciate in value or not? If he did then his demands to sign high profile names would be out of order and he would be in the wrong.

There is also the question of reducing the wage bill. Was KK made aware of that or not? There are a few players at Newcastle who have not been playing regularly who are on mega money, it is in the clubs long term interest to put a sensible wage structure in place.

All of this stuff needs to be answered before anybody is condemned.

Most on here have already made up their minds though.

Edited by Danny B

Del pede, sorry I haven't replied to you before, I genuinely haven't seen a post from you that would require a response.

I understand what you are saying and I think we are in essence saying the same thing.

I believe KK did have the final say in whether the players he was presented with signed or not. The problem with that is a manager is never going to turn down a player. Why would he?

The real question is did KK agree to work within Ashleys policy of buying young players with potential that will appreciate in value or not? If he did then his demands to sign high profile names would be out of order and he would be in the wrong.

There is also the question of reducing the wage bill. Was KK made aware of that or not? There are a few players at Newcastle who have not been playing regularly who are on mega money, it is in the clubs long term interest to put a sensible wage structure in place.

Plenty of managers have said no to players. Either because they weren't needed or weren't good enough. Keegan didn't have the chance to say no to Xisco and Nacho. Players he didn't want. He wanted Warnock, and he wanted Malouda, and he wanted Lassana Diarra. That is of course allegedly, but it makes sense regarding to where the squad is weak. The club tried to sell Barton to Portsmouth, and Keegan didn't want it, since he said he would support Barton, and the squad was thin allready. Furthermore, Barton texted Sky Sports to say, he didn't wanna leave Newcastle, so that is basically cut and dry.

I don't think Keegan said yes to work within this policy that was only maked clear, after Keegan left, and Ashley poured his heart out. Newcastle publicised on their own website, that they would back keegan in the coming transfer window. That he would have a kitty available. That proved not to be right. He didn't oppose it either, 'cause it would be a sensible thing to do. Get young players in on the cheap, that are players for the future. But you still have to maintain the current squad, or the future might look bleak. Keegan said that, the club appeared to agree, but it didn't happen.

Regarding putting a sensible wage structure in place, you say it yourself. Long-term! It wasn't that hard to put in place. Don't be an idiot when discussing wages with players. Don't offer them retarded amount of money. But you still have to pay the players, that are allready on contract, eventhough they are dead wood. But you can still sign good player, without paying them the same wages as Owen, Viduka and Smith. Reducing the wage bill should have been done over time. Not in one window.

At the end of the days, this is just a case of conection the dots. Look in the news archive on the official club website, and you'll see the club contradicting it self.

I'm not making Keegan out to be a saint. Maybe we all would have been better of, if he had decided to stay, and fight it from within the club. But it would never had been a fair battle, trying to win games, with players you didn't sign, and also with Llambas wanting to smack you.

There are so much evidence, that points out that the club has contradicted itself. So no matter what Keegan did, the club has also lied to supporters of Newcastle. People have been mislead, and now they're being feed bullshit stories, through a middleman.

So I get what you are saying. People are quick to back Keegan, but it's more than that. They dismiss what the club has done.

But thanks for a well thought reply, Danny

• Zero communications

Keegan did this too.

When did he lie? and I mean proveable lies like we have with the board.

DO you mean zero comms while he was here or after he left?

Why would he then repeatedly say (and indeed Mort and Wise say) that he had final say? If he knew all along he did not?

If Keegan was a rapist then he would be a rapist....... but there's not a shred of evidence to suggest he is a rapist....... so I ask again:

Ashley?

He's appointed Llambrusco a terrible chairman who seems to related to "the fans" the same was a feudal monarch related with his peasants.

He's appointed Wise as THE person that decides who we get in, out and how strong our squad is - that speaks for itself.

He's decided to run us on a £0 transfer budget (which is insane, no club can compete like that at mid-table never mind anything else).

He's now fucking us around trying to get a VAST profit for the club - fiddling whilst Rome burns.

Ashley has done a LOT wrong, some of it maybe with ok intentions, but a lot with purely self-interested intentions.

But I ask again what has Keegan done wrong exactly?

is that the same question you asked Baggy ?

Has baggy replied yet ?

Is Baggy and DannyB the same person, they both support Spurs ?

It would explain a LOT.

Neither of them can answer the question though. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see your opinion if Keegan was in the wrong all along btw, alex.

There is no Keegan scenario that even you could think of that would excuse Ashley's tenure at the club.

Actually, I've not really got a problem with Ashley trying to build the club back up even if it does take time and would be happy with a slow but steady improvement year after year, I've also got no problem with them finding good deals rather than spending big money on shite players to appease the fans.

I also appreciate what he's done regarding our scouting system in that under Roeder we only had one scout at the club but now we've got people scouting for us in all different country's looking to bring in quality young players, that and the fact we're on a much stronger financial footing as well as having a far superior squad compared to when he bought the club 18 months back.

If we had bought Jonas for £12 million and sold Milner for half of what we did you would be commenting on how ambitious we've been in regards to spending money, similar to how people think we were great for having a massive net spend under Souness while ignoring that we got £4 million for one of our best players, letting another go out on loan with no chance of returning and spending over the top on wank like Luque.

Lets hope that whoever comes in next spends big money out of their own pocket every season and signs players of the quality of Jonas and Coloccini every window, that and jumping up to the top 5 within 18 months, otherwise I'll expect the same level of criticism directed at them.

Yes, because a £0 transfer fund really has resulted in a slow and steady build up. More to the point if he'd managed to sell Owen and Barton at the last second he'd have more cash in his champagne fund, and we'd have an even thinner squad than we currently do.

How you defend the current set up is beyond me, at best it was well meaning, but staffed with muppets, at worst it was cynical profiteering.

And still you haven't said what Keegan did "wrong".

This is what Kinnear meant by the press not having a clue what really went on, yet idiots like yourself are happy to believe that the club tried to sell Owen and Barton because it suits your agenda.

It's been widely reported that they both were.

Where as UTTER FUCKING MORONS like yourself keep saying Keegan did "something" wrong yet are utterly unable for say what. ;):lol:

It ought to be possible for you to disagree without resorting to name calling. I'm not condoning Baggio's outburst either.

One undeniable fact is that Keegan leaving put the club in a worse position.

That fact makes it far less likely that Owen will stay.

The knock on effects of that could be disastrous.

See. No insults, just an opinion. :D

Again, just to repeat, I'm as pissed off with Ashley as anyone...but Keegan could hardly have picked a worse time to walk out.

He wanted to START calling people names (because he couldn't answer the question, I guess) then I'm sure he's "tough" enough to get some back. :lol:

Edited by Fop

• Zero communications

Keegan did this too.

Apart from his constant communication. :lol:

He clearly wasn't telling the whole truth from the Chelsea game onwards, but equally it was for the right reason, nothing productive would have been achieved, in fact he was just doing what Baggio wanted him to STILL BE DOING now. :lol:

I would say only KK and Ashley really know. However if he agreed to work as a head coach rather than a manager and then f*cked off because he had unrealistic expectation for signings I would say he has doner a lot wrong.

So Keegan had full responsibility for players now did he?

Did you read the "FACT" statement put out by the club after Keegan left?

Aye thought not, or at least it seems to have slipped your mind if you did. :lol::lol:

• Zero communications

Keegan did this too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/m...day/7567074.stm

Unfortunately I can't find the Sky interview from the same match in that one I'm pretty sure he says that Ashley is backing him. He doesn't look like a man who is 2 weeks away from walking. He doesn't seem terribly bothered about Wise or Jimenez and is praising their players.

And yes, I mean zero comms since he walked. I understand he's probably protecting his own interests, but that argument could also apply to anyone including Ashley.

Unfortunately I can't find the Sky interview from the same match in that one I'm pretty sure he says that Ashley is backing him. He doesn't look like a man who is 2 weeks away from walking. He doesn't seem terribly bothered about Wise or Jimenez and is praising their players.

He was still trying to play the system I guess, and at that point I'm sure he was still being promised to keep Milner, and still get 3-4 quality players in................ and not for them to try and sell Owen and Barton out from under him too.

But again where does he "lie"?

It also makes the "oooo Keegan did something wrong" rubbish even more laughable, because clearly whatever background issues he had, he was still committed to make the club a success.

And yes, I mean zero comms since he walked. I understand he's probably protecting his own interests, but that argument could also apply to anyone including Ashley.

That's just legal issues, with the best will in the world I wouldn't expect anyone to speak about stuff with the lawyers circling like vultures. You'll have to wait till after that side is sorted before anything like that happens.

Edited by Fop

He was still trying to play the system I guess, and at that point I'm sure he was still being promised to keep Milner, and still get 3-4 quality players in................ and not for them to try and sell Owen and Barton out from under him too.

It also makes the "oooo Keegan did something wrong" rubbish even more laughable, because clearly whatever background issues he had, he was still committed to make the club a success.

That's just legal issues, with the best will in the world I wouldn't expect anyone to speak about stuff with the lawyers circling like vultures. You'll have to wait till after that side is sorted before anything like that happens.

I find it hard to believe that Keegan had no reservations at the point where he gave that interview, yet he says nothing. All he can say is how great the new players are. I believe he shares some responsibility for allowing season ticket holders to believe they were buying into a glorious new future as he was still pedaling the "everything's rosey" line.

You can't have it both ways with the wall of silence. Either you accept that Ashley can't speak either or you have to criticise Keegan too.

I know the interview you're on about and my theory is that at that point Keegan did think everything was going well and was being promised new signings only to realise on deadline day that they had been leading him a merry dance the whole time.

Also I don't see the zero communications issue as a bad thing, it's certainly preferable to a public slagging match in the media, hopefully some day we'll hear Keegan's side of the story but that's unlikely to be until the compensation problem is sorted.

Firstly, just to make sure we're on the same playing field here. Im not someone who blindly backs Keegan, I was wary when he came but frankly he was doing better than Id imagine most could have done.

I disagree on people saying he couldnt have left at a worse time, well frankly he could. If he'd have waited till January then we would have had no chance of this being sorted for the last part of the season. Every game that went by with him and the board at loggerheads would have been a game too many. He left allowing us more time to correct the situation and hopefully keep the club afloat however he didnt bank on the sheer stupidity of MA.

In my mind though, an interview with KK 2 weeks before he leaves where he says hes being backed doesnt prove hes lying. Maybe he believed he was being backed, maybe he was being told day after day that he was therefore he was telling the truth. The fact he doesnt publically slag off Wise and Jiminez is sensible whether he detests them or not he should never come out and say it. I could guarantee you, if he had done then thousands of fans would have been ripping him apart (quite rightly) for bringing the club into disarray. Maybe KK was happy with the players that were bought but only as additional ones. They werent for the areas that we needed we all know that. They werent necessarily players that could fit into his system but maybe he thought they were players for the future, the likes of Guthrie you could argue was. Maybe he was sitting thinking, this players average but what the hell if he doesnt come through its not my worry I didnt buy him but at least Mikes going to splash the cash on players x,y and z that Ive asked for.

Again though, not slagging off the board and not slagging off the players Wise bought is not telling a lie, if he'd stood there and said "Im more than happy, this lot is exactly what I was looking for and we dont need to bother looking anymore" then that would have been a lie.

As for the zero comms well he doesnt need to does he?

when I talk about MA not communicating I couldnt give a rats arse if he ever talks about Keegan and what went on, I couldnt care a monkeys chuff if he ever tells us how much Wise hated KK or vice versa. I want to know whats going on in my football club now. Whats going to change to make it better, what is needed to move things forward and more importantly if those that run the club actually give a fucking shit about it.

Thats what I mean by communications, KK speaking is irrelevant to me. He has no sway, no influence and (unfortunately) no importance now to the running of this club. The people that do (again, unfortunately) are Ashley, Llambrini and Wise and they dont open their mouths ever to speak to us, the press or anyone else that may have an interest in seeing this club survive. They do however feed titbits of bollocks to Kinnear knowing that he has to say it at press conferences etc and that some fans will lap it up, they are a PR nightmare and frankly I dont understand how anyone can be taken in by them but thats just me, maybe I will be proved wrong but I have to say the odds are stacked against it and Im more than willing to put as much money as anyone wants towards a bet of that nature.

Be sure my friend that we are in very dire times and every day it goes on is a day less for someone to sort things out, we can all sit here and squabble about who said what and who is to blame but frankly its irrelevant. The past is the past and Im sure one day the truth will out but frankly no matter what KK is not at fault for our current position. The board of directors and owner are for letting it get to this stage, if KK was fucking about then they should have put a stop to it not let us go down the path we did.

I find it hard to believe that Keegan had no reservations at the point where he gave that interview, yet he says nothing. All he can say is how great the new players are. I believe he shares some responsibility for allowing season ticket holders to believe they were buying into a glorious new future as he was still pedaling the "everything's rosey" line.

You can't have it both ways with the wall of silence. Either you accept that Ashley can't speak either or you have to criticise Keegan too.

What possible good would it have done making every reservation he had public at that point?

He did it after the Chelsea match in a way and that gained him nothing, in fact it probably strengthened Wise's position.

So again we're back to what did Keegan do wrong? Which in your case seems to be no have a hissy fit about everything going on behind the scenes on public television. :lol: (which I absolutely can't see would have helped anything at all)

If he was doing that (which I don't think he was) he wasn't very good at it going off the ST sales, was he? Keegan was reticent about the future of the club imo which put people off Ashley's buy 3 years or face a massive price hike idea. A lot of people just decided 'fuck it'.

As for the last bit, I agree. It's fair to say neither side can really comment on what happened if legal proceedings are in place. But I don't think the club have been silent. The owner has in the main. Although the one big interview he did was, it transpires, a pack of lies. But the club has had plenty to say, anonymously or via Kinnear, about who is going to buy the club (more lies), the 'It is a fact' rubbish, Keegan's return being imminent with new owners (funny how that never happened), etc., etc. A lot of what has come out post-this debacle contradicts what came out of the club before. That's why I'm tending towards Ashley and his cronies being the real problem. I appreciate what you've being saying about Keegan leaving us in a mess, especially with the timing etc. btw. Although I think he must have felt he'd been really stitched-up and felt he had little option. Wenger and Ferguson agreed with him too.