Who's going down this year?

Douggy B

I think there's canny good chance of us going down next season if the current owner's still here btw. Viduka and Owen off and a £12m+ bid for Oba and they'd probably sell him too. Fuck knows what shit those three would be replaced with. Ones for the future no doubt. This season - WBA, Stoke and Bolton.

I think there's canny good chance of us going down next season if the current owner's still here btw. Viduka and Owen off and a £12m+ bid for Oba and they'd probably sell him too. Fuck knows what shit those three would be replaced with. Ones for the future no doubt. This season - WBA, Stoke and Bolton.

ameobi, his brother and xisco :lol:

Shola leading the line with some other overpriced youngster, I'd imagine. Can also see Spidey leaving in time fwiw.

Newcastle,Newcastle and Newcastle are certain to go down and if Newcastle aren't careful they could find themselves in serious trouble come may.

I think the top four will be Tottenham, Tottenham, Tottenham and Tottenham. :lol:

I don't think Stoke have the strength and flexibility to stay up, I'd not be surprised to see Bolton in there and while West Brom play nice football, they're not winning enough games. Fulham have some how survived in this league for too long.

In all honesty I think both our clubs need to realise just how perilous our positions are, we need to very quickly take matters very seriously. While we do have the staff and finances to get ourselves out of bother, I'm not entirely convinced that either club has the stomach for a real relegation fight. How hard will De Santos, Pavlyuchenko(sp?)Modric et al work away to Stoke on a cold January? Ditto Coloccini, Geremi etc.

We should be ok, but the finances and staff that should get us out of trouble, could very easily run out.

I don't think Stoke have the strength and flexibility to stay up, I'd not be surprised to see Bolton in there and while West Brom play nice football, they're not winning enough games. Fulham have some how survived in this league for too long.

In all honesty I think both our clubs need to realise just how perilous our positions are, we need to very quickly take matters very seriously. While we do have the staff and finances to get ourselves out of bother, I'm not entirely convinced that either club has the stomach for a real relegation fight. How hard will De Santos, Pavlyuchenko(sp?)Modric et al work away to Stoke on a cold January? Ditto Coloccini, Geremi etc.

No we dont, we have an owner who has clearly stated he will not finance anything more. Therefore we are in a worse position than anyone else in the league. If Stoke spend £5million in January then its £5million more than we're going to. I'd be willing to bet we'll be in another negative spend position. Sell lots of players and buy cheap if anything at all.

No we dont, we have an owner who has clearly stated he will not finance anything more. Therefore we are in a worse position than anyone else in the league. If Stoke spend £5million in January then its £5million more than we're going to. I'd be willing to bet we'll be in another negative spend position. Sell lots of players and buy cheap if anything at all.

We are in serious trouble as things stand.

Honestly believe that by Xmas we'll have a new man in charge, or Ashley will think he's ridden out the storm and will be in a position to supply the manager with a small amount of cash.

Honestly believe that by Xmas we'll have a new man in charge, or Ashley will think he's ridden out the storm and will be in a position to supply the manager with a small amount of cash.

Belief is one thing however currently we do not have in place the things you talk about, Im willing to believe that if MA is still in charge then a number of our bigger name players will be slapping in transfer requests so you'd better hope the 1st part of your belief is correct.

Would be very odd indeed if both us and Spurs went down. Although much as I hate to admit it, I think Spurs' problems so far were temprorary and that as I predicted, 'Arry has turned things around. As long as Spurs do reasonably well for the rest of the season they shouldn't be too hamstrung by their earlier results. If they go through another bad run they could well be in trouble though.

The problems we face are far more serious and deeper than a mere lack of form. If Ashley and Kinnear are still here in January, we're as good as down tbh. And even if we are under new ownership and management, no matter how much money you spend you cannot become a different team overnight. That's why teams have preseasons, for squads to adjust to the new faces. And even then, it's no guarantee that everything will be fine come the start of the season - just look at Spurs. I'm sure the media and fans of other teams will scoff at this suggestion as it sounds narrow minded, but for these reasons I think if/when the new owners arrive the best choice of manager would be Keegan, as obviously he would settle better into the job (again) than anyone. Whether the new owners agree, or indeed if Keegan would want to come again, is another matter. But I'd like to think that he wouldn't want his last association with the club as it currently stands.

I've gone off on a bit of a tangent, so I'll summarise as briefly as I can: things need to start moving soon or we are fucked. Proper fucked.

Yup.

If Ashley doesn't manage a sale by Christmas time we are assured of the drop and even if he does sell then, we are still not guaranteed of avoiding relegation as it leaves little time to organise a shopping list of players the club desperately needs, unless we go out and buy players JFK wants.

I have no confidence in Steven Taylor and the fact he gets picked in the team without any real competition, it shows just how brittle we really are at the back. Possible wins will be draws and possible draws will be losses.

Of other teams I believe West Brom will get relegated and quite possibly Bolton or Stoke, or all three which will save us a little heartache.

with the players we have injured coming back ( hopefully) we should get to safety. i reckon this side is comfortably the worst in terms of playing decent football, but we need to win against villa tonight , and frankly i cannot see that happening. they are lucky to have martin o'neill and randy lerner there. we've got joe kinnear and some fat cunt.