Radcliffe

wykikitoon

what can I add? :(:D :D :icon_lol:

The woman just goes out and proves me right........................

Gold Bars or Gold Medal ?? Easy choice for the People's Paula - plus she got a free ticket to Beijing at our expense

no doubt by the time of London 2012 she'll be living in New Zealand

Legend

I can never ever disagree with you regarding this matter Rob!

I actually feel sad at being proved right - much the same as the cycling drug fiends - you really want them to be nice, and good and honest but ...... it never works out

Really? Because imo despite not being proven to be correct you're still smug as fuck about thinking you have been. ;)

Lot of it going around. :(

It's contagious. No known cure or vaccine either.

Well actually..... B)

I think I'll vote for her in the Sports Review of the Year - she's sure to be on the list - the Beeb have too much invested in her.............. and she deserves something to make up for the disappointment of only getting $$$$$$$$$$$$ and not a Gold Medal

Edited by Rob W

what can I add? ;):icon_lol::D:(

Gold Bars or Gold Medal ?? Easy choice for the People's Paula - plus she got a free ticket to Beijing at our expense

too right,she obviously doesn't give a shit about all the extra advertising revenue she could have earned as an olympic gold medal winner.

conversly all the cyclists,rebecca adlington etc only tried so hard as it is their only shot at the limelight hence only chance to make a bit of cash with endorsments etc.

Edited by shakermaker

what can I add? ;):icon_lol::D:(

too right,she obviously doesn't give a shit about all the extra advertising revenue she could have earned as an olympic gold medal winner.

conversly all the cyclists,rebecca adlington etc only tried so hard as it is their only shot at the limelight hence only chance to make a bit of cash with endorsments etc.

She is already an advertisers wet dream though? How much more will she make winning gold? Not a lot I would think.

I sort of get what youre saying about the cycling. Yes the audiance is massive compared to the World Cycle games, the world biking world cups etc, but for these the Olympics ISNT the top of their sport! It is for media coverage etc, but sponsership etc, not.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

She was pregnant during the time it is claimed the tests were done. I may be wrong but pregnancy could give false readings couldn't it?

Aye, apparently it drops your hematocrit level.

But, it doesn't answer why her martahon times in ridiculously fast......

If and a big IF it is her then she and British Athletics will have massive egg on their face. Considering how anti doping she is.

This says it all to me. Same with cycling. Let the big fish carry on swimming and only catch the little fish.

Her Marthons times are similar to a 35min ascent of Alpe d'Uhez! (See link note that most have been done for doping or implicated in doping).

She has the top 3 times in History, 3rd best is still; a min better than the rest in history, The difference between her best and the nest is 10 years and Keitani later at 3mins 12.

Its about as dominant as Armstrong was!

Besides which, I would hardly say that athletics is generally scared of banning high-profile names, just look at the recent history of doping bans in the sport. Obviously there's a credibility gap because they're then free to come back and compete despite (like Gatlin) clearly still being dodgy as fuck, but that's a different matter...

Possibly different standards in distance (non-stadium/-Olympic) running though, dunno?

Compared to the other world class marathons runners......

In the past the world record had been broken by bigger margins. Also, because each course can be so different and the conditions play such a large role you can't easily compare performances like you can for track events.