Sports Personality Of The Year

wykikitoon

IMO Its got to be no contest

Chris Hoy, he has stormed to medalsat Bejing and also the world track games in Manchester, but I can see him getting little recognition as Hamilton will prob win it. If Hamilton had been put in a shit car would he of won the title?

At least with Cycling, running etc its one v one, mano a mano. Not like Hamilton IMO.

What Hamilton has done is great and yes you need some good skills still to do what he did, but seriousley, how much has the car helped?

If Hoy had ridden a shit bike would he have won the medals? You cant detract from Hamilton cos he had a good car. Part the reason its so good is because he set it up. If Mclarens cars were so good then why did Kovalainen come 7th?

If the Scots can make Leon win X Factor, they can make Chris Hoy win Sports Personality. I reckon it'll be him first, Hamilton second and Adlington third.

Edited by Meenzer

If Hoy had ridden a shit bike would he have won the medals? You cant detract from Hamilton cos he had a good car. Part the reason its so good is because he set it up. If Mclarens cars were so good then why did Kovalainen come 7th?

Fucking go sniff MvB pants you weirdo!

When Hoy races against someonelse the bikes are almost identicle. A Formula one car can differ so much. He has raced people who have identicle bikes and dusted them off. He is one of the best athletes in the world!

If the Scots can make Leon win X Factor, they can make Chris Hoy win Sports Personality. I reckon it'll be him first, Hamilton second and Adlington third.

I'm with you on this one....

When was the last time we had someone win 3 gold medals at an Olympic games?

Hoy will get it IMO, Lewis will be up there and Adlington. Andy Murray will probably creep in too.

It sounds to me like you are wanting to sniff Hoys pants. Another reason hoy shouldnt win is because gays race bikes and no one gives a flying fuck about bike riding except for 1 week every 4 years

I'll have you know we glide around town elegantly. Racing is far too much effort.

Part the reason its so good is because he set it up

I very much doubt that.

Its common knowledge that drivers tell their mechanics after practice what needs changing in the car and have it set up accordingly! Who do you think sets it up like? His milkman?

It sounds to me like you are wanting to sniff Hoys pants. Another reason hoy shouldnt win is because gays race bikes and no one gives a flying fuck about bike riding except for 1 week every 4 years

I'll have you know we glide around town elegantly. Racing is far too much effort.

I bet you take the seat off first :lol:

I very much doubt that.

Its common knowledge that drivers tell their mechanics after practice what needs changing in the car and have it set up accordingly! Who do you think sets it up like? His milkman?

So the mechanic sets it up, not Hamilton?

I bet you take the seat off first :lol:

I prefer a smooth ride myself. :lol:

I very much doubt that.

The driver has influence in the setup of the car, but all he is doing is providing feedback on the performance on the road. The engineers translate that into what needs changing on the car.

I have a mate who used to work for the Jordan team and is now at Ilmor (Mercedes). I might send what you're suggesting over to him and see what he thinks. I guarantee his piss will be boiling at the thought that the driver is mainly responsible for the setup :lol:

Common knowledge Craig.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't let a 23 year old man with no formal Automotive engineering qualification or experience set up his car that happens to be worth millions :lol:

since no-one knows exactly how they determine the winner it could be anyone - it's "based on" the popular (ie paying ) vote but there is quite abit of evidence that they crook the results if they need to

since no-one knows exactly how they determine the winner it could be anyone - it's "based on" the popular (ie paying ) vote but there is quite abit of evidence that they crook the results if they need to

Really? Where is this evidence?

Really? Where is this evidence?

Rob fucking runs SPOTY man... :D