Shola

Snake

Not just shola though is it, the whole squad have improved though shola had much more scope to improve.

He actually looks like a footballer...long may it continue!

Fuck viduka, play shola up top with oba and owen either side!!

haha

were all in agreement we'd still sell shola though right? :D

Yes and Owen and Viduka. Owen seems capable of holding a gun to our head re contracts. Viduka seems unable to hold onto fitness longer than a month. Not worth a toss either of them. Owen is a great player but 1 in 5 is shit and not worth the wages. At least Shola does not cost that much.

Not that there's any chance of Owen staying imo but I've got a feeling we might be sorry when he does leave because I can't see the current owner forking out the money required for a proper replacement. We need Owen imo. Viduka is a different matter because, good player though he is (when fit), I think he's off home after this season. It'll be interesting to see if we try to replace him as well with anything like a player of his quality. Both of them are different class to Shola though and have we all of a sudden forgotten how injury-prone he is as well?

He's still shite like.

He's playing a lot better, but there's still loads missing from his game (Martins 2nd goal for example).

He's clearly been put through the Wimbledon play book though. :D

He's still shite like.

He's playing a lot better, but there's still loads missing from his game (Martins 2nd goal for example).

He's clearly been put through the Wimbledon play book though. :D

The size of the lad he should have been doing it for years. Well done and I've stuck up for him in the past when he got some shocking stick so I'm pleased he's sticking it up some people. And while it was a flippant comment about him being shite, he is really. We're in trouble if he's going to bea regular for us for long.

I agree with Alex, he's still shite, just not quite as shite as he usually is.

Yeah, this is my view on it. The thing is, as soon as Shola started playing football everyone was going to say that he played much better - ofc he was playing much better, you can't play any worse than he has been in the last 5 years.

I think Kinnear joining has shoved a rocket up some arses in the training rooms. Nothing like a good bit of fear, shoulder-massaging and genuine compliments in the changing rooms to install confidence. I imagine Shola being taken to the side and told the equivelant of: "Your a professional footballer at a great club - start acting like it you lanky streack of piss!" has made him realise that he has something to prove.

Also, being boo'd by your own fans when you are brought on as sub might have made him realise he is "under-achieving".

Personally I'd give him a new contract. Trying to replace three strikers is not going to be easily. And the thought of Martins and Smith up front is enough to make we come out in hives!!

not sure about that, but smith should definitely go before shola

Personally I'd give him a new contract. Trying to replace three strikers is not going to be easily. And the thought of Martins and Smith up front is enough to make we come out in hives!!

I think your right about Smith tbf

I think your right about Smith tbf

forgot all about smith tbh!