Barton clash played down

Barney

Barton escaped a red card after he appeared to flick out a hand at Agbonlahor following a flashpoint between the pair in the first half.

Sky Sports

Villa boss Martin O'Neill also played down the incident, although Agbonlahor had mentioned it.

BBC

Am I completely mental, or did Agbonlahor not react to Bartons foul by hurling him to the ground?

Fucking witch hunt.

barton could easily have been sent off like - for either raising his hands (just as bad as beckham's red card for flicking his leg out at simeone in 98), or for going in with his studs up.

barton could easily have been sent off like - for either raising his hands (just as bad as beckham's red card for flicking his leg out at simeone in 98), or for going in with his studs up.

Which wasn't bad at all tbf.

In all fairness i'v stood up for barton and will continue to do so when he is being unfairly treated...BUT

He is a character who has to keep a low profile, other players are going to try and prevoke him, he's an easy target. It will be a massive test of character and last night he fell at the 1st hurdle imo.

He initially did block off agbonlahor only to be hurled to the floor, after that agbonlahor was enticing him and being leary to provoke a reaction, which he got. A job well done by agbonlahor, he got what he set out for.

Barton should really of contained his frustration better and on another day or even if the ref had seen it he could of been in serious trouble.

As for saying he was lucky not to be sent off, i kinda think had he of been booked for reacting initially he wouldnt of made the tackle in the second half, therefor he wouldnt of been sent off.

Hyndsight is a wonderful thing for all involved!!

:lol:

i agree but shows you get sent off for that sort of thing these days. he should be keeping his nose clean not being petulant like that

How is there no mention of Agbonlahor getting reviewed by the FA for throwing him to the ground though? Surely he reacted and provoked Barton?

Barton should have walked away, but under the circumstances, he just laughed and flicked his nose. If that's a ban ahead of what Agbonlahor did, I'd be appauled.

FWIW, I know Barton has brought all this onto himself.

Edited by Barney

i agree but shows you get sent off for that sort of thing these days. he should be keeping his nose clean not being petulant like that

I know but that was a soft sending-off and so would this have been. Fair enough, he could have been sent off. Big deal though, storm in a tea cup. You just want him to play his natural game imo because if you shackle him, so to speak, he'd be a very ordinary player.

I know but that was a soft sending-off and so would this have been. Fair enough, he could have been sent off. Big deal though, storm in a tea cup. You just want him to play his natural game imo because if you shackle him, so to speak, he'd be a very ordinary player.

shame he can't play his natural game without going in studs up or acting like a petulant kid.

i have been very encouraged by his last couple of performances btw.

shame he can't play his natural game without going in studs up or acting like a petulant kid.

i have been very encouraged by his last couple of performances btw.

It's a fucking man's game man you fanny :lol:

Fat greasy twat Curry from the Mail sitting on SSN this morning calling for him to be publically flogged for the "disgrace" he was last night.

Hopefully he'll do it next week and this fat twat will keel over with the excitement. :lol:

BBC say the FA are awaiting the referees report from last night in regards to JB.

Looks like the media are going to try and force their hand again

I'd imagine the FA await the referees report on EVERY game though don't they?

BBC say the FA are awaiting the referees report from last night in regards to JB.

Looks like the media are going to try and force their hand again

I'd imagine the FA await the referees report on EVERY game though don't they?

And the media report to see what they should do.

If they review it and he gets a retrospective red card, that would be for violent conduct.

That would trigger the other half of his 12 match ban.

Whether that would be 9 games in total I'm not sure!!!

This has the potential to be a costly flick of the nose!!

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will face no action for flicking out a hand at Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor on Monday night.

The Football Association have confirmed that referee Steve Bennett had not seen the incident, in which the 26-year-old caught the Villa man in the face after conceding a disputed free-kick.

However, having been asked to look again at Barton's actions, Bennett decided that the incident would not have resulted in a red card and therefore there were no grounds for a retrospective charge to be brought.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton will face no action for flicking out a hand at Aston Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor on Monday night.

The Football Association have confirmed that referee Steve Bennett had not seen the incident, in which the 26-year-old caught the Villa man in the face after conceding a disputed free-kick.

However, having been asked to look again at Barton's actions, Bennett decided that the incident would not have resulted in a red card and therefore there were no grounds for a retrospective charge to be brought.

WTF was Poll on about then? The attention seeking media whore.

If I was going to ask anyone about a refereeing decision I wouldn't ask Poll.

The mans an arse and the Setanta ''Football Talk'' or whatever is utter wank and half the fans in their don't even support the clubs they just get paid to wear the shirt and talk about the issues.

Steve Bennet made it quite plane that what ever happened in the game it was always Joey Barton to blame.

He was never going to give a desision to Barton and then for him to try and shake his hand at the end just beggars belife.

As for Graeham Poll, (look at me I'm on TV) remember he's the stupid fucker who issued 3 yellow cards to the same player at the world cup and said Joey Barton was playing against Man City the other week.

Joey Barton is going to be pravoked by opposition players and victamized by referees for the rest of this season or untill he gets sent off and serves the rest of his ban