Newcastle firm

Murphy

Currently reading 30 years of hurt, and have noticed that the newcastle firm get on pretty well with the shreswbury lads, any reason for this?

NME and Shrewsbury's firm met at the 1982 World Cup, had a good laugh and have been pals ever since.

When we played them in about 81 or 82 there was something that caused great hilarity among everyone ho used to go by train - one of NUFC's top lads got laid out in a bar in Shrewbury in a nothing incident prompting much piss taking along the lines of "Shrewsbury, who the hell are they".

Don't know about any friendship though.

Shrewsbury are in Blyth on Saturday in the FA cup 1st round

I'm going. What is Spartans capacity?

Why are you going to start claiming they are better supported than Spurs and Villa?

Why are you going to start claiming they are better supported than Spurs and Villa?

As a kid I went to the cup replay at SJP where Blyth got more than Spurs get now.

As a kid I went to the cup replay at SJP where Blyth got more than Spurs get now.

When there was standing?

When there was standing?

Surprised a know-all like you doesn't know all about that match.

Yeah it was around 48k iirc. Not that I was even born then like!

Stevie, capacity has all changed now since they built a new stand behind the goal. I think its around 4000 these days. Apparently theyre going to segregate the fans too.

Il be there, im trying to drag my mates along but they arent overly enamoured at the thought of watching non league teams

OK so we squeezed 75K in to WHL when there was standing so lets compare eggs with eggs shall we.

Hardly comparable when Blyth were playing in the 6th or 7th division of league football at the time

Who were they playing?

OK so we squeezed 75K in to WHL when there was standing so lets compare eggs with eggs shall we.

I'll get you started.

www.wikipedia.org

www.toonarama.co.uk

Knock yourself out.

I'll get you started.

www.wikipedia.org

www.toonarama.co.uk

Knock yourself out.

It is an oft quoted truism that goalkeepers are a couple of studs short of a football boot; in John Burridge's case the whole lot are missing. "Budgie" (a nickname he disliked because it implied he was a nutcase) was famous for the number of clubs he played for, his fitness and contortionist warm-ups and for wearing his goalkeeping gloves in bed.

Self-styled hard-man Burridge would beg to disagree with accepted opinion; "silliness" he once observed, was "spending all night in the pub or losing a weeks wages on the horses - not taking a ball to bed like I do.""For 33 years I was the hardest trainer in British football. People can take the micky out of me, call me a crackpot, but in eating rice and fruit and having self-hypnosis tapes on the bus I was ahead of my time. That sort of thing's everywhere now, but they call it sports psychology."

When Jim Smith bought him from Southampton Reserves in September 1989 he was already thirty seven, but the Bald Eagle plunged him into United's promotion challenge.

Jim Smith described him as "as honest a professional as they come"; however whilst he was player-manager at Blyth Spartans he was convicted and fined for dealing in counterfeit leisure wear.

The prosecution's case was aided significantly by video pictures of the Blyth players wearing some of the aforesaid merchandise before an FA Cup game against Blackpool.

:D